Evan Bayh to retire?

Magox

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more screwed than we are know, with the left controlling Congress and the White House.

Personally, I prefer divided control. It keeps the idiots focused on each other and away from trying to "fix" things. I'd rather see a Democratic Congress and Republican White House, if I had a choice....but vice-versa, almost as good.

I'd rather see Americans in control......I am tired of the democrats and republicans- AND the idiots who will only voted for them

I'd rather see Americans in control......I am tired of the democrats and republicans- AND the idiots who will only voted for them

We are, as evidence by the tea party splintering off from the republicans and the mass democratic defections in the recent New Jersey and Massachusetts elections. The American people spoke loudly, and the Obama/Pelosi/Reid super majority liberal agenda was put to a stop. The incumbents are rightfully scared. They're all getting the boot in November.

Party loyalty has never been so weak and voter anger has never been so strong.

I think you have to give Bayh some credit here. The more I read about his positions, the more it's easy to understand how frustrating his job must be. I've said before that Emmanual gets a lot of credit for stacking the decks in '07 to get majorities in both houses, and he did it by helping Blue Dogs like Bayh in typically red states. While some would feel obligated to the WH and follow their agenda, Bayh truly seems to be saying "This isn't what I signed up for. This isn't the way I want to govern. I can do more good on my own than under the leadership of Harry Reid." Takes a lot of nuts to do that, I think.

Personally, I'm hoping for another 3 feet of snow in Washington this week. Keep those idiots buried and maybe it'll slow down their plans to bankrupt the country.

Or their plans to do nothing and filibuster everything. Oh and by the way, we have already been bankrupt. The chinese government has owned us for a while now.

Or their plans to do nothing and filibuster everything.

What exactly is the minority party supposed to do? When the only tool in your box is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.

The Democrats/President aren't going to consider any legislation that the Republican's put forth because that's not how the game is played when one party barely has enough votes to filibuster. If it were 50/50 in each house, there would very likely be more favor trading going on.

Quit pretending the Republicans are doing anything weird or out of context historically. They're doing what pretty much every party in their shoes has always done.

What exactly is the minority party supposed to do? When the only tool in your box is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.

The Democrats/President aren't going to consider any legislation that the Republican's put forth because that's not how the game is played when one party barely has enough votes to filibuster. If it were 50/50 in each house, there would very likely be more favor trading going on.

Quit pretending the Republicans are doing anything weird or out of context historically. They're doing what pretty much every party in their shoes has always done.

Not doing anything weird, just blatently derailing everything and acting like angels. They are a major part of the problem.

Or their plans to do nothing and filibuster everything. Oh and by the way, we have already been bankrupt. The chinese government has owned us for a while now.

bankruptcy, war, corruption, energy issues, lack of industry, etc

And instead of addressing it, your boys decide to focus primarily on putting a gifu(kingnormous government boondoggle on the table. And then you're moaning that the Republicans told you to get fu(ked? What the hell do you expect them to do?! I'm thankful they stopped that shlt in its tracks.

Your boys are as much if not more to blame than anybody.

And instead of addressing it, your boys decide to focus primarily on putting a gifu(kingnormous government boondoggle on the table. And then you're moaning that the Republicans told you to get fu(ked? What the hell do you expect them to do?! I'm thankful they stopped that shlt in its tracks.

I can't wait for him to pretend you're a Republican. :rolleyes:

I'm thankful they stopped that shlt in its tracks.

You're giving the Republicans too much credit. While the election of Scott Brown froze the progress (in addition to the right yelling "they're gonna kill grandma"), I think the real reason it was derailed was because in order to get majorities in both houses in '08, it meant getting the moderate "blue dog" Democrats elected in red-leaning states, and there was a miscalculation on behalf of Reid and Pelosi (and Emmanuel) that simply having a D next to a name meant that everyone would blindly go along with their leaders. Instead, the Democrats found themselves having to negotiate within their party. I would argue that this, on its own, wasn't even the soul cause of the bill getting sidetracked, but rather something that was hampered once Americans started getting a sense of what the $787 billion recovery act really was in spite of miniscule tax breaks so some people could afford their Starbucks each day.

I honestly believe that if they did not shove the recovery act through (or worse, shove it through as the kryptonite needed stop the economic bleeding) there may have been more support for the healthcare bill. Once they screwed the pooch with the recovery act, people were wary of anything else they they tried to "shove" down our throats. By the time the Demorats returned from summer break, they were crapping purple Twinkies.

The White house is gonna love this.

Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) is retiring, but he's not the retiring type, ridiculing congressional job creation efforts on "The Early Show."

"If I could create one job in the private sector by helping to grow a business, that would be one more than Congress has created in the last six months," Bayh said.

A senior House Democratic aide:

“It is hard to stomach lectures from Sen. Bayh on Jobs. For most Americans, if they were as unproductive in their jobs as Bayh has been in his, they wouldn’t have the luxury of quitting — they would be fired.”

Ouch! :lol:

I think you have to give Bayh some credit here. The more I read about his positions, the more it's easy to understand how frustrating his job must be. I've said before that Emmanual gets a lot of credit for stacking the decks in '07 to get majorities in both houses, and he did it by helping Blue Dogs like Bayh in typically red states. While some would feel obligated to the WH and follow their agenda, Bayh truly seems to be saying "This isn't what I signed up for. This isn't the way I want to govern. I can do more good on my own than under the leadership of Harry Reid." Takes a lot of nuts to do that, I think.

I see what you're saying, but I think a more effective way to show dissidence would be to remain Congress and vote out of lockstep if that's what he wants to do. The more D's and R's that break away from the pack, the better. Retiring and having a seat filled with another lemming senator won't do anyone any good.

Bankruptcy, War, Corruption, Energy Issues, Lack of Industry, etc. - All of those problems started about a year ago? Let's face it no one has addressed those issues for the last 9 years. I certainly wouldn't say that the democrats are more to blame. Part of the problem, yes.

I'm moaning because Republicans tell everyone and everything to get F'd right now. Then come back and say that they are not being heard. Really? Put out some solid solutions, make your ideas be heard. Not that hard. Hell, they B word and moan about the Stimulus yet they praise how it's helping their areas. They ask for details to be public, their request is granted and then they B word and moan some more.

Not saying you, but I love how people here say that they are independent yet they failed to B word and moan the eight years prior to Obama. A true Independent would be non-stop bitching for the past nine years - not just do it now because they don't like democrats (even though they classify every democrat as being liberal) or how Obama was elected on lofty goals. Which BOTH sides do. Not saying that's right, but that is how elections are won. I have to ask the question, if McCain would have won, would they have given him more than a year to fix everything?

Bankruptcy, War, Corruption, Energy Issues, Lack of Industry, etc. - All of those problems started about a year ago? Let's face it no one has addressed those issues for the last 9 years. I certainly wouldn't say that the democrats are more to blame. Part of the problem, yes.

Nine? Newsflash, Sparky: The problems in America started long before George W. Bush took office. You can go back to before WWII to watch the beginning of the slide

Nine? Newsflash, Sparky: The problems in America started long before George W. Bush took office. You can go back to before WWII to watch the beginning of the slide

Thanks sparky!! The last NINE years we have gone from a surplus to a ridiculous deficit.