Evan Bayh to retire?

Magox

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks sparky!! The last NINE years we have gone from a surplus to a ridiculous deficit.

Yep, you're really that stupid.

Maybe at some point you'll realize that the economy of the 1990s was a total charade and that's the reason why the 2000s ended up the way they did or you'll continue to be the lemming that you are right now and keep being part of the problem. Guess which one the smart people will bet on?

Bad (cheap) money policy + stealing from social security + artificially inflating the housing market + the dawn of the information age + 7.5 years of flat energy prices + unprecedented stock speculation WERE NOT the results of sound fiscal policy.

Yep, you're really that stupid.

Maybe at some point you'll realize that the economy of the 1990s was a total charade and that's the reason why the 2000s ended up the way they did or you'll continue to be the lemming that you are right now and keep being part of the problem. Guess which one the smart people will bet on?

Bad (cheap) money policy + stealing from social security + artificially inflating the housing market + the dawn of the information age + 7.5 years of flat energy prices + unprecedented stock speculation WERE NOT the results of sound fiscal policy.

Well hello Mr. Smart guy... since everyone is dumb to you. Again, what's your background? Oh that's right you're shy.

So everything.. lowest unemployment % in like 40 years, surplus, etc. were all a charade. Ok, with that being said... wouldn't the next administration try to shore up everything if it was so bad? Just asking. Lets see if you can respond in a decent way instead of being your usual self.

Thanks sparky!! The last NINE years we have gone from a surplus to a ridiculous deficit.

Those who say that we were in a surplus either are extremely partisan or don't understand how those numbers were derived. The shifting of S.S funds, benefit of the Cold War ending which led to much lower defense spending, beginning of housing boom which came from easy money federal interest rate policy and the push for (CRA) which led us to the bust that we are in today, and who could forget the tech bubble. The tech bubble led to tremendous gdp growth and tax revenues, specially through stock trades.

Guess when that bubble burst? Thats right, as soon as GW came into office, POP! Guess what happened then? That's right, a recession. Then shortly after that recession, guess what happened? That's right, 9/11. Guess what happened then? That's right, another recession. Guess who had Bin Laden in his cross hairs, that could of helped avoid not just 9/11 but the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? That's right, Clinton.

So please, spare me with this on the surface logic, it doesn't fool anyone who knows anything about anything.

Those who say that we were in a surplus either are extremely partisan or don't understand how those numbers were derived. The shifting of S.S funds, benefit of the Cold War ending which led to much lower defense spending, beginning of housing boom which came from easy money federal interest rate policy and the push for (CRA) which led us to the bust that we are in today, and who could forget the tech bubble. The tech bubble led to tremendous gdp growth and tax revenues, specially through stock trades.

Guess when that bubble burst? Thats right, as soon as GW came into office, POP! Guess what happened then? That's right, a recession. Then shortly after that recession, guess what happened? That's right, 9/11. Guess what happened then? That's right, another recession. Guess who had Bin Laden in his cross hairs, that could of helped avoid not just 9/11 but the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? That's right, Clinton.

So please, spare me with this on the surface logic, it doesn't fool anyone who knows anything about anything.

First off, thank you for posting a good post. Not simply attacking. I appreciate you giving me more information. Truly do.

As far as the Bin Laden statement though, our country has been making mistakes like that for a long time. Financing the wrong people/groups etc. Yes, Clinton had him in his cross hairs and didn't take the necessary action. Mistakes have been made even after 9/11.

Well hello Mr. Smart guy... since everyone is dumb to you. Again, what's your background? Oh that's right you're shy.

Shy? :lol:

So everything.. lowest unemployment % in like 40 years, surplus, etc. were all a charade.

I didn't say low unemployment was a charade. I said the "surplus" was a charade. Jesus, even Al Gore let the cat out of the bag so many times Saturday Night Live wouldn't leave it alone. "Lockbox"?

Ok, with that being said... wouldn't the next administration try to shore up everything if it was so bad? Just asking. Lets see if you can respond in a decent way instead of being your usual self.

The time to shore up your fiscal house is when things are going well, not when massive corrections are all hitting at the same time. That said, there isn't much Washington can do until they fix/eliminate entitlements and seriously pare down the DoD. There are SERIOUS short term consequences to each of those things, which is why NEITHER party is willing to even discuss them.

Yeah, the 1990s were rosy - on paper. There was unprecedented stock market growth, which led to unprecedented capital gains and the tax revenue that goes with it. There was a new investor class based on Roth/IRA/401k/SEP/etc. and they couldn't pour enough money into the market because the returns were off the charts (Tech Spec/Internet Age). There was the global flattening of energy prices (Oil spent most of its time hovering at $18/BBl), which led to growth all around the world because when people aren't spending a lot of money on gasoline and heating oil, they have a lot more money to waste on durable goods - which has a great downstream effect. There was cheap money - as much as the Fed could print. Banks were lending because EVERYONE was borrowing (my home loan rate when from 8 to 5 in a two year period). It didn't even matter if they were a risk. Lend, lend, lend. It was pretty much all based on flawed economic principles but it ended up being the perfect storm for quite a while.

Then the bottom dropped out, which is what happens when you build a house without a foundation.

So the market inevitably corrected and the government was the last to realize it. The choice of President didn't change anything, other than who ended up with a larger percentage of taxpayer money. The same likely holds true right now, unless this administration actually passes Health Care and/or Cap and Trade. Then you're going to see a collapse of epic proportions in the not too distant future.

To those of you who understand what's been going on, this is overly simple. There are obviously many more factors. But frankly I'm tired of the ridiculous "There was a surplus and now there isn't!" lie that continues to be told and the audience that regurgitates it isn't sophisticated enough for me to waste time going into minutia.

There was never a surplus. There was STILL money being stolen from Social Security to pay for government. The rest of the largess was virtually all based on serious fundamental economic flaws and book cooking that makes Enron look positively innocent.

Lets see if you can respond in a decent way instead of being your usual self.

You get exactly the response you've earned. Friggin' hypocrite.

Shy? :lol:

I didn't say low unemployment was a charade. I said the "surplus" was a charade. Jesus, even Al Gore let the cat out of the bag so many times Saturday Night Live wouldn't leave it alone. "Lockbox"?

The time to shore up your fiscal house is when things are going well, not when massive corrections are all hitting at the same time. That said, there isn't much Washington can do until they fix/eliminate entitlements and seriously pare down the DoD. There are SERIOUS short term consequences to each of those things, which is why NEITHER party is willing to even discuss them.

Yeah, the 1990s were rosy - on paper. There was unprecedented stock market growth, which led to unprecedented capital gains and the tax revenue that goes with it. There was a new investor class based on Roth/IRA/401k/SEP/etc. and they couldn't pour enough money into the market because the returns were off the charts. There was the global flattening of energy prices (Oil spent most of its time hovering at $18/BBl), which led to growth all around the world because when people are spending a lot of money on gasoline and heating oil, they have a lot more money to waste on durable goods - which has a great downstream effect. There was cheap money - as much as the Fed could print. Banks were lending because EVERYONE was borrowing. It didn't even matter if they were a risk. Lend, lend, lend. It was pretty much all based on flawed economic principles but it ended up being the perfect storm for quite a while.

Then the bottom dropped out, which is what happens when you build a house without a foundation.

So the market inevitably corrected and the government was the last to realize it. The choice of President didn't change anything, other than who ended up with a larger percentage of taxpayer money. The same likely holds true right now, unless this administration actually passes Health Care and/or Cap and Trade. Then you're going to see a collapse of epic proportions in the not too distant future.

To those of you who understand what's been going on, this is overly simple. There are obviously many more factors. But frankly I'm tired of the ridiculous "There was a surplus and now there isn't!" lie that continues to be told and the audience that regurgitates it isn't sophisticated enough for me to waste time going into minutia.

There was never a surplus. There was STILL money being stolen from Social Security to pay for government. The rest of the largess was virtually all based on serious fundamental economic flaws and book cooking that makes Enron look positively innocent.

You get exactly the response you've earned. Friggin' hypocrite.

Shy.. yes. I have asked you countless times about your background and why you believe you are so better than me. Send me a private message if you need to. Again you know nothing about me. I am not going to say that you are some sort of genius because you are posting on TBD.

Shy.. yes. I have asked you countless times about your background and why you believe you are so better than me. Send me a private message if you need to. Again you know nothing about me. I am not going to say that you are some sort of genius because you are posting on TBD.

The implication is whether I care what you think. I don't.

Then shut the F up with your condescending tone. Don't throw stones and then hide.

You're in no position to make demands. And thanks for not spending even a second on the meat of that post and instead whining like a little B word about whether someone is "qualified" to make what are obviously cogent observations of the situation as it is.

Shows exactly what you bring to the table - as if there was a question.

You're in no position to make demands. And thanks for not spending even a second on the meat of that post and instead whining like a little B word about whether someone is "qualified" to make what are obviously cogent observations of the situation as it is.

Shows exactly what you bring to the table - as if there was a question.

I can make any demand I want. Talk about whining like a B word? You throw stones then hide? Come on, you are so damn smart you should be proud to state your qualifications.

I never quite understood how people could crow about the budget surplus while simultaneously ignoring the simple fact that the national debt increased despite it.

I can make any demand I want.

:ph34r:

Talk about whining like a B word?

Do you really not know when to use a question mark?

You throw stones then hide? Come on, you are so damn smart you should be proud to state your qualifications.

Hide? I'm right in front of you. You don't have a single tool in the box to refute anything that I've posted, so instead you vainly try to attack the messenger. It's nothing more than overt desperation from someone who knows they're getting their ass kicked.

I never quite understood how people could crow about the budget surplus while simultaneously ignoring the simple fact that the national debt increased despite it.

I'll admit that I don't everything (I know, insert your joke here). However, instead of attacking a person state things that they should look into. Magox did that earlier and I appreciate it.

:ph34r:

Do you really not know when to use a question mark?

Hide? I'm right in front of you. You don't have a single tool in the box to refute anything that I've posted, so instead you vainly try to attack the messenger. It's nothing more than overt desperation from someone who knows they're getting their ass kicked.

AGAIN. You claim that you are so damn smart. As far as I know you are awesome with google, wikipedia and blogging. That's it. Were you beat up a lot as a kid? Kicking ass on a message board? That is so pathetic.