If the Bills are smart they will trade up to #2 and get Ndamukong Suh

Bill Cowher

He's in my opinion a once in a decade player. All signs are pointing to the Rams taking a Bradford right now. What would it take to move up 7 spots? I'm not exactly sure. But you find a way to do it even if you have to over pay for him! If you want to get a lot better sooner rather then later you do whatever it takes to get this beast!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no way in hell it would take two number 1's it would take a lot though. and it would be worth every penny

to move up from 9 to 2, yes it would take 2 #1's, like this year and next yrs #1, plus probably a 2-3, and a 4 maybe, there's a chart with points designated for each pick, so for the sake of argument lets say a #2 is worth 10000 pts and #9 is worth 3000 pts, do the math and figure out what it would take to make an even trade. especially when you are dealing in future picks, more than likely, we would have to pull a ditka to move up to #2, or give away good picks in future yrs, like the giants did with san diego. Either way, like DarthIce said, Suh isn't a good fit in the 3-4, and it would be too costly too move up that much.

no way in hell it would take two number 1's it would take a lot though. and it would be worth every penny

It's funny how it would take less time to look up the information for this than it would to make the post. The second overall pick has a value of 2600 pts, the Bills 1st, 2nd, and 3rd total 2065 pts. So yeah, they'd have to give up next years 1st. Therefore it's definately not worth it.

NFL Draft Trade Value Chart

to move up from 9 to 2, yes it would take 2 #1's, like this year and next yrs #1, plus probably a 2-3, and a 4 maybe, there's a chart with points designated for each pick, so for the sake of argument lets say a #2 is worth 10000 pts and #9 is worth 3000 pts, do the math and figure out what it would take to make an even trade. especially when you are dealing in future picks, more than likely, we would have to pull a ditka to move up to #2, or give away good picks in future yrs, like the giants did with san diego. Either way, like DarthIce said, Suh isn't a good fit in the 3-4, and it would be too costly too move up that much.

#2 is worth 2600 points

#9 is worth 1350 points

I appears we would need to give our #9 and a Top 10 for next year. I don't think it would be our #9, plus next yr 1st round, plus, plus, plus......

I would be expensive, but let's not get to carried away with the calculations.....

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_...value_chart.htm

give me a freakin break!! he is a fit for anyone! I don't give a dam what defense you run!!!!!

Only if he plays defensive end. The guy doesn't weigh 350+ which is pretty much what you need for a NT. He weighs right at 300lbs which would be good for a DE in a 3-4 defense

What would you give up to get another Reggie White?

Then again you just might get another Steve Entman-Brian Bosworth- Tony Mandarich- Erik Flowers- John McCargo- Courtny Brown- Kenneth Simms- Mike Mamula- Mike Williams-Reggie Rogers- Huey Richardson

Even when you think you know...you never know!

give me a freakin break!! he is a fit for anyone! I don't give a dam what defense you run!!!!!

can you really put a valid rebuttal up? putting a high number of exclamation points in your posts doesn't make you seem knowledgeable. Judging from your posts in this topic you made I'm pretty sure you don't know too much.

it would take an awful lot to move up, like 2 #1's, or more. With all the holes we have, I seriously doubt we would do something like that.

I agree, we have too many holes to give up a bunch of picks to fill one hole. Also, moving up that high adds millions to the rookie contract, and Ralphie wouldn't have that.

Only the Front Office and H.C. know how they want to rebuild this team, but, rebuild they must. We need to aquire at least six or seven new starters for this coming season. Now, if they showed some courage and real determination in making a move like the one it would take to land Suh, then I'd probably be impressed with it, as long as they still had an answer for the QB position, the DT, the OLB's, and the LT. I wouldn't want to see them go nuts for one guy and not address the other positions...so, if it were three or four quality starters or one superstar, then I think we need the numbers more right now. I would like to see them make some moves to show that as an entire organization they are ready to do whatever it takes to field a good team.

He's in my opinion a once in a decade player. All signs are pointing to the Rams taking a Bradford right now. What would it take to move up 7 spots? I'm not exactly sure. But you find a way to do it even if you have to over pay for him! If you want to get a lot better sooner rather then later you do whatever it takes to get this beast!

what a massive mistake this would be

the Bills are several players away from being a contender not 1, we need to TRADE DOWN...gather extra picks. 3 2nd's 3/4 3rd's getting us 6/7 players in the top hundred. this way our depth is stronger and we can throw waves of players at opponents.

1 great DE will not improve us that much, and I do not see Suh as a NT, which is definately a position we need.

The problem with the point charts -- the early picks have changed in value SO much since those have started floating around. 70 mil contracts have changed everything in the top 10 as far as "value"

but yes, it would still cost a ton to move up those spots, a number 1 next year and additional picks/players would be a starting point... Atleast roughly....

Yes, Yes ! I have argued that point many times when people suggest the Bills should move down in the draft for more picks! I disagree with their philosophy even though I understand the reasoning. I think there is 3-5 players in this draft that may be future hall of famers someday and Suh should be one of them...there may be some hidden gems as well ! What it boils down to is Quality not Quantity !! I'd give up my 1st, 3rd, 6th, 6th, 7th, and 7th without blinking for SUH !!!!! If my hand was forced I'd consider giving up my 4th rounder too, but we really need the 2nd rounder to get a L OT if available, if not then the best player available at a position of need in which we have many! Heck, I'd throw in M. Lynch with those picks and give'em Roscoe Parrish, and T.Edwards too !!!!!!! I'm tired of mediocrity and mediocre players !!!!!

G e T SUH Buffalo !!!!!!!!! Get SUH Buffalo !!!!!!!!!! :nana:

Yes, Yes ! I have argued that point many times when people suggest the Bills should move down in the draft for more picks! I disagree with their philosophy even though I understand the reasoning. I think there is 3-5 players in this draft that may be future hall of famers someday and Suh should be one of them...there may be some hidden gems as well ! What it boils down to is Quality not Quantity !! I'd give up my 1st, 3rd, 6th, 6th, 7th, and 7th without blinking for SUH !!!!! If my hand was forced I'd consider giving up my 4th rounder too, but we really need the 2nd rounder to get a L OT if available, if not then the best player available at a position of need in which we have many! Heck, I'd throw in M. Lynch with those picks and give'em Roscoe Parrish, and T.Edwards too !!!!!!! I'm tired of mediocrity and mediocre players !!!!!

G e T SUH Buffalo !!!!!!!!! Get SUH Buffalo !!!!!!!!!! :nana:

yup exactly!!! throw in donte whitner in the trade too! The people that want to call me dumb for suggesting such a CRAZZZY IDEA just make me laugh. they want some more whitners and maybins with the 9th pick. can I throw in whitner and everyone else we picked up in that draft for ngata??? here baltimore you can have our whole 2006 draft rounds 1-7 for ngata. Take them all!!! 1 8(8) Donte Whitner S Ohio State

1 26(26) John McCargo DT NC State

3 6(70) Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State

4 8(105) Ko Simpson S South Carolina

5 1(134) Kyle Williams DT Louisiana State

5 10(143) Brad Butler T Virginia

6 9(178) Keith Ellison OLB Oregon State

7 8(216) Terrence Pennington T New Mexico

7 40(248) Aaron Merz

If the good teams do anything on a routine basis it is never trade up, trade down when a willing partner(sap otherwise known as Marv Levy) can be found, and don't overpay for aging veterans.

Does anyone know where you can find how teams value future year picks? I thought I read that it was valued as that of a pick a round below. So if you traded a first round pick in next years draft, they would value it as a 2nd round pick in this years draft. Example: Panthers trade their first this year for a 2nd round pick last year to draft Everette Brown. I was looking for some confirmation of this however and could not find anything.

If this is the case, it would take this years 1st and 2nd, and next years 1st to move up to pick #2, and that might not even get it done. Then you have to sign him.

No way would Detroit pass up on Suh if they were lucky enough to get him. He's a PERFECT fit for their needs right now.

It's not just what "the points" say, but you also have to factor in what the owner of the pick would demand for a trade...and Detroit would NOT trade the pick if they could get Suh.

I don't think there's ANYTHING the Bills could offer that would let them draft Suh (short of doing the "trade all your draft choices" a la Ditka and Ricky Williams).

right cause a dorsey (6-2, 315) is the same as Suh (6-4 305), plus dorsey, who has 1 spot, the dt in a 4-3, is exactly the same as suh, who has the body to play the end in a 3-4, or the DT in a 4-3. Awesome analysis guys :nana:

Yeah, so sell the farm to move up to #2 overall in yet another rebuilding year? Hoping that a single DT will be the answer to all the franchise's woes?

No thanks buddy.

If you were smart you would delete this post. You are comming accross as an ignorant fool who is completely unoriginal and regurgitates what he hears on ESPN.

Don't get me wrong, I also beleive theat Suh is a beast, but like Bill says, we have far to many holes to fill and we need our draft picks over the next couple years.

By the way, I didn't mean to be rude, just trying to spare you of a flaming. :nana:

Yeah, so sell the farm to move up to #2 overall in yet another rebuilding year? Hoping that a single DT will be the answer to all the franchise's woes?

No thanks buddy.

well, you don't read too well do ya boy?

If you did you would see that i did not agree with moving up to get Suh because it would be far too costly for us. what you guys were doing, which is the classic ignorant "we'll just compare him to the last big name DT we can think of", is wrong.

Suh is the real deal, but with buffalo having so many needs, we shouldn't mortgage out future for 1 player. Learn to read, asshat.

Yet, I see Mr. Suh going to Detroit, but I still see Detroit in the *Detroit.

*S h itt er

*Sewer

*Crapper

*Bottom of the Crap House

*Suk position

One awesome f ing dude ain't everything. I am very content with simply having a 'Better Plan'. That means not trying to flatter some other team by copying them (like Limp Dick did by trying to copy Chicago). Like the stock market- by the time you mimic success- it's already too late.

A full-time 3-4 worries me. I hope we have some sort of a passive-aggressive confusion WTF defense.

well, you don't read too well do ya boy?

If you did you would see that i did not agree with moving up to get Suh because it would be far too costly for us. what you guys were doing, which is the classic ignorant "we'll just compare him to the last big name DT we can think of", is wrong.

Suh is the real deal, but with buffalo having so many needs, we shouldn't mortgage out future for 1 player. Learn to read, asshat.

It's not that I need to learn to read, I didn't care to read your previous posts - in fact I didn't even know they were there. You responded to me bubba, not the other way around...

If you were smart you would delete this post. You are comming accross as an ignorant fool who is completely unoriginal and regurgitates what he hears on ESPN.

Don't get me wrong, I also beleive theat Suh is a beast, but like Bill says, we have far to many holes to fill and we need our draft picks over the next couple years.

By the way, I didn't mean to be rude, just trying to spare you of a flaming. :nana:

i love your name. your a genius. i want to be like you.

What makes you feel that Suh would sign with us. Even if we traded up, We would still have to sign him to an affordable contract. We do not have the Dollars to sign a high-profile draft pick. I'd pick outside the top ten every draft. You get more bang for your buck. Sure you get a great player with a high pick, but the last time we picked someone at 4, was a HUGE bust. This should probably be one of the priciest first rounds ever.

What makes you feel that Suh would sign with us. Even if we traded up, We would still have to sign him to an affordable contract. We do not have the Dollars to sign a high-profile draft pick. I'd pick outside the top ten every draft. You get more bang for your buck. Sure you get a great player with a high pick, but the last time we picked someone at 4, was a HUGE bust. This should probably be one of the priciest first rounds ever.

saying the bills don't have the dollars to sign him may be the single most dumb thing I have ever read on here! The bills have plenty of money to sign whoever they want. What a REDONKULOUS statement. JOKE

You are Bill Cowher. You've had successful (very successful drafts in your past coaching career with the Steelers) without selling the farm to trade up. You've done a great job in the past with the picks you were given. You never before traded your farm for such a trade up as you are now proposing. You stayed put with the picks you had and went to the Super Bowl. Now you are trying to veer away from a proven way of building a solid team. You are throwing away your team building principles. Please Bill Cowher, remember what worked for you before. Multiple intelligent well thought out picks. Not one pick that may or may not work out. Even if Suh did turn out to be a beast like Bruce, he would line up at the LOS, he would look to his left, then to his right, and to his horror he would see a void, a black hole, several holes. All the picks that we had given up for Suh would be on other teams, and we would be missing all the picks we coulda, shoulda, woulda had of new blood to help our Bills. But yes, we still have our Suh. Our beloved Suh. He will sack qb's, stop the run, cover wide receivers, play special teams, throw the ball for td's, run for many tds in his career, and more. He will have so much to do to make up for all the lost picks we would have had. By the time we get a first or 2nd round pick again, his career will be half over. (i'm exaggerating of course)

So, please Bill Cowher, remember with all your might how you built the Super Bowl Steelers. Please don't veer away from what works.

(It's Friday, i've had several beers as i'm sure a lot of you all have. My post is half in counter and half as jest. But seriously. Do what works. Don't sell the farm for one guy. I was content, happy even, sitting on my couch with my beer watching the opening ceremony to the Winter Olympics. Then I see this post on my cell. I had to reply)

I do not agree with you on your post Bill Cowher. But I am glad you are a fanatical Bills fan. For that I cannot be upset.

Go Bills!!