Joey Porter

shaker4187

We are so ridiculously thin at OLB that I would sign him just to have a body there who knows the position. Worst case, he looks bad in camp or we find someone better and we cut him.

Does anyone recall how old London Fletcher was when he joined the Deadskins? He had 9.5 sacks this year with the Dolphins. Don't you think that we could use that production on our defense. Would you rather have Jerry Porter playing LB for Bills or Maybin? Exactly.... I think it would be a good pickup considering it is a position of need.

Also wasn't Pat Williams 'too old' and that is why TD didn't sign him? What is he now 37? And the guy is a probowl talent still.

That 30 year old barrier doesn't apply any longer.

That might be a bit of a bold statement there. Yes, players don't just shrivel up and become ordinary joes on their 30th bdays, but let's be honest.... There is a trend that after 10 years in a violent sport, they tend to get a step or two slower, more prone to injury, etc.

Favre played well last year but I don't see anyone saying that mcnabb and manning have 10 more years. An example does not prove a rule like that. It's possible, but generally unlikely that he will be a probowler for 5 more years.

reports are that they are the only 2 people in football that know him.

Signing Porter, assuming he actually leaves the Dolphins is a no brainer. Apparently we want to move to a 3-4? News flash......we dont have the players, either at LB or DL. It will take at least 2 years to GET the players via draft. SO, you sign Porter for 1 year. He's as good or better than anyone we have at LB. So you upgrade and buy yourself a year to acquire more talented youth.

Watch the Pats go after him if he's out there.

correction - to spite.............. :nana:

It would be beneficial for the simple fact joey would play harder then ever just despite miami. His LB coach is now our DC and he was also around Chan in pburgh...if we can get him cheap then y not?