Expect The Bills To Use The Pistol Offense

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this on Wikipedia: "Prior to the Chiefs implementing the spread offense, Thigpen had been playing erratically with the Chiefs, and he suddenly became poised and effective running the new offense.[46] His passer rating has climbed from 44.3 to 76.9 in the five games following his initial start at Atlanta.[46] "

Any chances they are attempting to replace Thigpen's name with Edwards or Brohm? I wouldnt be surprised if we make no major moves at QB, except for maybe a late round pick.

Also, what does this mean to our running game? Doesnt this offense focus more on passing?

Well that settles it. The Bills defense got whipped,because the Buffalo Bills have been the measuring stick of good defense since 2005 :wallbash:

Dick I wasn't advocating the pistol just referencing a past game where my team, The Bills, played against it which is my only frame of reference for that offense. Grrrrrrrr :D

I must say the LeFevour arguments and his supporting stats are sinking in on me...I really want to see what he does at the combine as that will drive his draft position.

I'm actually really afraid of the combine boosting LeFevour's draft status too much. Remember Rivers? Going into the combine he was maybe a 1st rounder.

It's gonna be interesting. There are very specific teams that need a QB and they all pick in the top 10. I feel like we are gonna really get hosed, not in the 1st round, but the second or 3rd.

What traits in a QB does Gailey's offense require? Honestly I keep hearing fast/athletic QB's brought up when talking about what QB's Gailey would prefer. Does a QB need to be fast to run the pistol? I can't imagine anyone except Fitz on our current roster that is somewhat fast. I honestly don't think we need a fast QB to run a semi-spread system just one with a strong arm that can make quick decisions.

Can a guy like Kerry Collins run this type of system? I am asking because I think a stop gap vet will be brought in to hold the fort and teach Brohm.

What traits in a QB does Gailey's offense require? Honestly I keep hearing fast/athletic QB's brought up when talking about what QB's Gailey would prefer. Does a QB need to be fast to run the pistol? I can't imagine anyone except Fitz on our current roster that is somewhat fast. I honestly don't think we need a fast QB to run a semi-spread system just one with a strong arm that can make quick decisions.

Can a guy like Kerry Collins run this type of system? I am asking because I think a stop gap vet will be brought in to hold the fort and teach Brohm.

I think a mobile QB works best with the pistol offense. A QB who can run the ball. Most QB's that can run the ball are generally quick/fast.

I don't think that Brohm would be considered the best fit for this offense

Tim Tebow

Tebow fits the pistol for sure. You don't need to be Mike Vick to run the pistol, however, Trent Edwards and Brian Brohm are not ideal fits. Guys who are somewhat fleet of foot can pull it off, guys like a Thigpen, Sanchez, Garrard, Cassel, Romo, McNabb, Alex Smith, Rodgers, etc.

Don't forget though that at his introductory press conference, Gailey mentioned that to play in Buffalo, he thought it was necessary to have a quarterback with a strong arm.

I must say the LeFevour arguments and his supporting stats are sinking in on me...I really want to see what he does at the combine as that will drive his draft position.

LeFeovur is the real deal.... sorrry bradford won't cut it in the nfl.