mcnabb WILL be traded

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

I think NFL history points to guys playing well into their late 30's, Promo. Oakland had Rich Gannon who led them to a Super Bowl, and if he hadn't been hurt, would have continued playing a year or two more. That 40 year old Brett Favre is playing at a staggeringly high level, and Warner checked out with PLENTY in the tank at 38. Donovan is also playing for a new contract, so I'd venture to say that he will play next year at a Pro Bowl level, barring injury! I would pull the trigger, because he simply isn't Drew Bledsoe all over again. The beauty might be the ability to groom his successor in the next two seasons or so, I like it just fine IF, and it's a big IF, McNabb gets traded to Buffalo. GO BILLS!!!

Whoa! You are betting the Bills future on the chance McNabb will play well in his late 30's??? Just because Gannon and Favre did it doesn't make it automatic.

PTR

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks McNabb is an average QB...can I have some of whatever it is you're taking. Sounds like good stuff, makes you completely oblivious to the world around you...

IF we could get McNabb for a 2nd round draft pick...for God sakes...DO IT!! One of our needs is QB!! Do you expect to draft anyone in round 2 (QB-wise) that will match Donovan McNabb? Spend your 1st round pick on OL or DL and have a QB that will certainly bring you experience, knows how to get into the playoffs, is YOUNGER than Peyton Manning, can play while we bring along a young guy (whoever that may be).

You get a VERY qualified veteran QB with a 2nd round pick, or take a chance on someone who may not even be on the roster in 2 or 3 years.

Now I'm not convinced that McNabb could even be had for a 2nd rounder, but if he is and we don't make a move... I would be very disappointed.

McNabb is a class act and a proven QB in the NFL... has not won a championship yet... BUT NEITHER HAVE WE!!! Would make a very interesting story if he took us to the promised land....OK...maybe you guys need some of what I'm taking!!!!

That says it all. We could take a second rounder next year to learn off him for the last few years of Donovan's career. This would fill a HUGE hole.

Some reports said that McNabb had no interest in Buffalo. That's apparently false and he'd be open to playing for the Bills, but would rather remain an Eagle, period.

Where did you hear this? I have not seen any reports with regard to this.

No way in hell would I give up more then a 4th round pick for McNabb. People- we have many, many holes to fill. A 32 year old average QB is not how we make the playoffs! I warned about Bledsoe- take heed McNabb

I'm not advocating trading a first rounder to McNabb, but comparing Bledsoe and McNabb is sophistry. McNabb is a far better QB than Bledsoe ever was, and the stats bear that out pretty clearly.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McNaDo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm

McNabb is so freakin' awesome the Eagles want to get rid of him! :thumbsup: Quick, trade them all our picks.

PTR

i have a funny feeling that mcnabb is going to be bledsoe all over again if he ends up in the b-lo.

put up great numbers the first year as he'll feel he has something to prove with the chip on his shoulder.

the next season, numbers go down and everyone is calling for his head.

then fade into bolivia.......... ( :):thumbsup: to who ever gets that reference)

No way in hell would I give up more then a 4th round pick for McNabb. People- we have many, many holes to fill. A 32 year old average QB is not how we make the playoffs! I warned about Bledsoe- take heed McNabb

I agree with everything except average QB. I'll substitute on the downside of his career.

On NFL network, they are convinced that they are going to keep McNabb and Vick. They think that they will trade Kolb. And they talked about the Browns being the team he goes to.

I would give up A LOT more for Kolb than McNabb. I'd go second rounder for him.

i have a funny feeling that mcnabb is going to be bledsoe all over again if he ends up in the b-lo.

put up great numbers the first year as he'll feel he has something to prove with the chip on his shoulder.

the next season, numbers go down and everyone is calling for his head.

then fade into bolivia.......... ( :):thumbsup: to who ever gets that reference)

See the post above from me. The two aren't even remotely comparable. McNabb is 82-45-1 as a starter; Bledsoe was 98-95. 4.6 percent of McNabb's passes go for TDs; 3.7 percent of Bledsoe's did. More importantly, 2.1 percent of McNabb's passes have been intercepted; 3.1 percent of Bledsoe's have. McNabb has thrown for 6.9 ypa (including 8.0 last year); Bledsoe threw for 6.6. McNabb has a 59 percent completion rate; Bledsoe's is 57.2. McNabb's career rating is 86.5 (Jim Kelly's was 84.4); Bledsoe's was 77.1. And guess who was/is more mobile.

The fact that the two QBs are famous top five draft picks doesn't mean you can compare them. McNabb is a far superior player.

See the post above from me. The two aren't even remotely comparable. McNabb is 82-45-1 as a starter; Bledsoe was 98-95. 4.6 percent of McNabb's passes go for TDs; 3.7 percent of Bledsoe's did. More importantly, 2.1 percent of McNabb's passes have been intercepted; 3.1 percent of Bledsoe's have. McNabb has thrown for 6.9 ypa (including 8.0 last year); Bledsoe threw for 6.6. McNabb has a 59 percent completion rate; Bledsoe's is 57.2. McNabb's career rating is 86.5 (Jim Kelly's was 84.4); Bledsoe's was 77.1. And guess who was/is more mobile.

The fact that the two QBs are famous top five draft picks doesn't mean you can compare them. McNabb is a far superior player.

i would not be comparing their careers as a whole, just at the point in their career that they would arrive in buffalo.

that point would be the twilight.

i would not be comparing their careers as a whole, just at the point in their career that they would arrive in buffalo.

that point would be the twilight.

I'd buy that if I thought that McNabb played poorly last year. He didn't. In fact, he was very good despite the fact that the Eagles were missing their offensive sparkplug - Westbrook - for over half the season. He's not that old, in fact, and probably has 2-3 good years left in him.

I didn't realize that Warner made the HOF. As for McNabb, who knows if he will, but the guy is criminally underrated given his very high level of production. Look it up.

Sorry. Didn't mean to be so literal. Warner WILL be a HOF.

McNabb won't be. Comprende muchacho?

McNabb is no Warner.

I'm not advocating trading a first rounder to McNabb, but comparing Bledsoe and McNabb is sophistry. McNabb is a far better QB than Bledsoe ever was, and the stats bear that out pretty clearly.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McNaDo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BledDr00.htm

FAR better? Why not post the stats on total yards, completions and touchdowns?

FAR better? Why not post the stats on total yards, completions and touchdowns?

Bill, you're better than that. Bledsoe played more years!!! He QBed 193 games; McNabb has QBed 128. I mean, it's not even remotely comparable. Of course Bledsoe threw for more yards. The thing you compare them on is their efficiency and productivity rates (and winning, if you're of that mind). McNabb blows him away.

Sorry. Didn't mean to be so literal. Warner WILL be a HOF.

McNabb won't be. Comprende muchacho?

McNabb is no Warner.

What's your rationale other than Super Bowl appearances? Because when you look at their productivity, it's not that different. And McNabb's got some years left in him. Btw, I certainly do think that Warner deserves to go to the HOF.