I got a Fevour

Virgil

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I look into the draft and our options, the more I want us to take Dan LeFevour. First off, just think of the signs we could make. "I Gotta Fevour". I mean c'mon, he's got one of the better qb names since Colt Brennan.

But in all seriousness, the only knock I can see on this kid is the competition he was up against. But with that, look at Joe Flacco. The kid can run if he needs to, he's got a good, not great arm. Better than Brady I'd say. And the best part is, we'd pry be able to trade up into the late 2nd to get him, leaving us our first two picks.

Now, i'm a believer that if our Offense is on the field more, our D will only get better. You pick up either a T, McClain, or if one of those top 2 DT's fall with the first pick, a DT or OT in the second (whichever wasn't picked in the first), and then LeFevour, I think we are in great shape for the future.

I'm actually okay with bringing in Thigpen for a season for LeFevour to learn behind and bring him onto the field in spurts.

Overall, I think we stand as good a chance with this kid as anyone else. At worst, I see him as the 3rd best QB in the draft. Please feel free to rebuff

The more I find out about this guy the more I like him. I'd be very happy to see him in a Bills uniform next year. I'm guessing that just before the draft he'll be graded as a high second round pick.

Buddy said that arm strength is his yardstick for measuring NFL quarterbacks. LeFevour is definitely in the mix. Here are the yardage leaders for career. Keep in mind there are differences in length of playing time, though.

1 Colt McCoy, Texas 13253 (spread offense)

2 Case Keenum, Houston 12950 (spread offense)

3 Dan LeFevour, Central Mich. 12905 (spread offense)

4 Max Hall, BYU 11365 (spread offense)

5 Tim Hiller, Western Mich. 11329 (variation of the spread)

6 Todd Reesing, Kansas 11194 (spread offense)

Tebow is 12th on this list (Spread option), Bradford 14th (operates from center a fair bit; but base set is a spread set).

Watch Case Keenum. He's the leader in yards per game (323.8 yards per game average) with a passing efficiency of 155.47. That's from a spread offense.

Zac Robinson in the 5th is also a possibility. They ran a spread at OSU.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/car...eerPassB14.html

Did he really say that? He obviously, knows a lot more about football than I do but that's the logic that led to JP being drafted. I would look at the necessities of a NFL QB this way;

1. Intelligence - The position calls for so many decisions a dumb guy will find it a lot harder.

2. Size 6'3" - 6'6" IMO, the ideal size for a QB is 6'4". He needs to be able to see the field and shorter is not better. Obviously that is not a hard and fast rule. Drew Brees is 6'0".

3. Speed of good decisions made. I think that's an obvious one.

4. Leadership ability. Will his teammates take a bullet for him or hope a bullet takes him?

5.. Ability to "feel" pressure. This, to me, is just something some guys have and others don't. It's nothing that can be taught. The better QB's seem to know when to step up to miss a sack instinctively.

6. Arm strength. I don't give a flying :beer: if he can score on every possession by throwing 20 yard passes consistently. It's great for ticket sales if he can launch one on the money for seventy yards but I'd rather win consistently than be entertained once in a while.

7. Mobility. IMO, too much mobility in a QB (i.e. MV, RC, and DM coming out of college) can be a problem. They are often to eager to use their feet rather than their QB abilities until they are older. A QB can't be a solid stone but Jim Kelly and other HOF QB's haven't had the mobility of an ill snail.

JMO

If Buffalo got a stud OT and Lefevour out of this draft

The more I find out about this guy the more I like him. I'd be very happy to see him in a Bills uniform next year. I'm guessing that just before the draft he'll be graded as a high second round pick.

Did he really say that? He obviously, knows a lot more about football than I do but that's the logic that led to JP being drafted. I would look at the necessities of a NFL QB this way;

1. Intelligence - The position calls for so many decisions a dumb guy will find it a lot harder.

2. Size 6'3" - 6'6" IMO, the ideal size for a QB is 6'4". He needs to be able to see the field and shorter is not better. Obviously that is not a hard and fast rule. Drew Brees is 6'0".

4. Leadership ability. Will his teammates take a bullet for him or hope a bullet takes him?

5.. Ability to "feel" pressure. This, to me, is just something some guys have and others don't. It's nothing that can be taught. The better QB's seem to know when to step up to miss a sack instinctively.

6. Arm strength. I don't give a flying :beer: if he can score on every possession by throwing 20 yard passes consistently. It's great for ticket sales if he can launch one on the money for seventy yards but I'd rather win consistently than be entertained once in a while.

7. Mobility. IMO, too much mobility in a QB (i.e. MV, RC, and DM coming out of college) can be a problem. They are often to eager to use their feet rather than their QB abilities until they are older. A QB can't be a solid stone but Jim Kelly and other HOF QB's haven't had the mobility of an ill snail.

JMO

Couldn't have said it better myself, I believe that Lefevour has alll those traits, plus the experience of playing in cold weather, and would be a great pick for the bills in the 3rd.

I'm just wondering how many games you watched him play in this year that you gotta a fever for LeFevour?

LeFevour is a spead QB who played in the MAC. CMU faced 2 tough defenses this year from BCS conferences, Boston College and Arizona, and LeFevour bombed in those games. A combined 310 yds, 58% 0TD's and 2 INT's, the offense scored 16 total points and more importantly they were beaten badly in both games . I'm sorry but the guy made a living off of MAC defenses and please save the Big Ben comparisons.

Finally, saying his arm is better than Bradys is one of the dumbest things that I've ever read on these boards. Brady is a HOFer, who has played in tough weather his entire career at UM and now NE. His arm has been strong enough to throw for 5000 yds and 50 TDs in a season, not to mention his 3 SB rings. The contrast is utterly ridiculous.

Seriously, if you jump on a guy's bandwagon, come with something more than ridiculous speculation and conjecture.

Sorry John you are way off base. It was not Lefevour vrs BC and Arizona it was the entire Central Michigan team against those teams. In the Senior Bowl the teams were relatively equal and LeFevour was the best QB on either team. The rap on Brady coming out of college was that his arm strength was average at best. Brady did not get drafted in the first three rounds. At the same stage of their careers LeFevour is a higher rated prospect and he will be drafted higher than Brady was. The odds are that LeFevour will not make it to the hall of fame I don't believe anyone is writing that. However there were a lot of players taken before Brady's number was called on draft day.

JMO

sounds like #1 overall pick!

I don't understand why when people talk about optimism and players they would like to take a chance on, there are so many people who are positive they will fail.

Honestly, player success rate of people drafted in the first is less than 50%. And by that, I mean ever making 1 Probowl. The whole thing is a crapshoot.

All I can say is that the same rhetoric was being spewed when Philip Rivers was being considered as an NFL QB. He didn't play against the best talent at NCST, his arm wasn't that strong, he has a funny throwing motion. Rivers, at NCST, was one of the leaders in pass yardage, effiency and QB rating in NCAA. He also was considered a 3rd ronder to a reach until he hit the combine and all star games. Lefevour will be that dude.

1 Colt McCoy, Texas 13253 (spread offense)

2 Case Keenum, Houston 12950 (spread offense)

3 Dan LeFevour, Central Mich. 12905 (spread offense)

4 Max Hall, BYU 11365 (spread offense)

Watch Case Keenum. He's the leader in yards per game (323.8 yards per game average) with a passing efficiency of 155.47. That's from a spread offense.

I want this guy as my QB, only because of his name.

When the Bills score - Case and Point.

When the Bills win - Case Closed.

When he throws an amazing pass - It will be hard to defend this Case.

I could keep gong....

I want this guy as my QB, only because of his name.

When the Bills score - Case and Point.

When the Bills win - Case Closed.

When he throws an amazing pass - It will be hard to defend this Case.

I could keep gong....

This cat sounds legit on paper. I agree here....but has anyone watched him play?

If so:

Is he fighting soup cans? Or playing legit teams and defenses?

Is he mobile at all?

Whats his O-Line look like?

All I can say is that the same rhetoric was being spewed when Philip Rivers was being considered as an NFL QB. He didn't play against the best talent at NCST, his arm wasn't that strong, he has a funny throwing motion. Rivers, at NCST, was one of the leaders in pass yardage, effiency and QB rating in NCAA. He also was considered a 3rd ronder to a reach until he hit the combine and all star games. Lefevour will be that dude.

This is what the "experts" thought of Philip Rivers pre combine/all-star games. USA Today didn't have him rated as top 50. CBS Sports had Cody Pickett as a better prospect.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geut2V.HVLVQYA...l/story/6344096

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu6dj_HVL0i8B...raft-list_x.htm

• 2 weeks later...