I got a Fevour

Virgil

I'm just wondering how many games you watched him play in this year that you gotta a fever for LeFevour?

LeFevour is a spead QB who played in the MAC. CMU faced 2 tough defenses this year from BCS conferences, Boston College and Arizona, and LeFevour bombed in those games. A combined 310 yds, 58% 0TD's and 2 INT's, the offense scored 16 total points and more importantly they were beaten badly in both games . I'm sorry but the guy made a living off of MAC defenses and please save the Big Ben comparisons.

Finally, saying his arm is better than Bradys is one of the dumbest things that I've ever read on these boards. Brady is a HOFer, who has played in tough weather his entire career at UM and now NE. His arm has been strong enough to throw for 5000 yds and 50 TDs in a season, not to mention his 3 SB rings. The contrast is utterly ridiculous.

Seriously, if you jump on a guy's bandwagon, come with something more than ridiculous speculation and conjecture.

Funny that you leave out the Michigan State game where DL passed for 328 yards and 3 tds or the DL was the msot productive Qb at the Senior Bowl.

And you are using complete hinsight when looking at Brady. Do you think he would have been a 6th round pick if people knew he would be a HOFer? Of course not. There were a ton of questions about his arm strength and for his first several year, he had a reputation as a QB who "checked down" alot.

Plus for all the knocks on the MAC talent level, that is sort of a plus on DL. He wasn't playing with NFL players and still putting up monster #s. He is the one teams geared to stop every game and they rarely succeed.

DL is a football player, plain and simple.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a trade off, but it didn't matter for the Saints. Brees never completed a pass in the SB longer than 15 yards in the air, but his short throws were incredibly accurate...

LeFevour and Brees have a lot in common.

exactly, I don't think anyone will ever confuse Lefevour arm with elway, but he's a winner and can make all the throws he needs to make, if he turns out like brees I'm ok with that. I think people get a little fixated on guys with "cannons". IMO Lefevour is a guy that can handle the weather, and pressure in buffalo.

Funny that you leave out the Michigan State game where DL passed for 328 yards and 3 tds or the DL was the msot productive Qb at the Senior Bowl.

And you are using complete hinsight when looking at Brady. Do you think he would have been a 6th round pick if people knew he would be a HOFer? Of course not. There were a ton of questions about his arm strength and for his first several year, he had a reputation as a QB who "checked down" alot.

Plus for all the knocks on the MAC talent level, that is sort of a plus on DL. He wasn't playing with NFL players and still putting up monster #s. He is the one teams geared to stop every game and they rarely succeed.

DL is a football player, plain and simple.

Great freaking post. ;)

I have no idea whether DL makes it in the NFL or not, but your points are valid.

That cuts both ways-he also wasn't playing against B10/B12/SEC defenses consistently either.

I'm just wondering how many games you watched him play in this year that you gotta a fever for LeFevour?

LeFevour is a spead QB who played in the MAC. CMU faced 2 tough defenses this year from BCS conferences, Boston College and Arizona, and LeFevour bombed in those games. A combined 310 yds, 58% 0TD's and 2 INT's, the offense scored 16 total points and more importantly they were beaten badly in both games . I'm sorry but the guy made a living off of MAC defenses and please save the Big Ben comparisons.

Finally, saying his arm is better than Bradys is one of the dumbest things that I've ever read on these boards. Brady is a HOFer, who has played in tough weather his entire career at UM and now NE. His arm has been strong enough to throw for 5000 yds and 50 TDs in a season, not to mention his 3 SB rings. The contrast is utterly ridiculous.

Seriously, if you jump on a guy's bandwagon, come with something more than ridiculous speculation and conjecture.

Yes, they ran the Spread, but nowhere near the way Tebow did in Florida. He knows how to play under center. And yes, I think he has better arm strength than Brady did coming out of college. Did I say we was going to break Brady's records? No, that's just you assumming and you know what happens when you assume...it makes you look like an idiot.

Also, I'm not gonna repost the stats that PTR did, but they also speak for themselves.

Ok. Couple issues with this. You cannot call him a spread QB just because of the system he was in. Senior Bowl he went under center just fine...where Tebow under center fumbled I think twice?

My other issue is that you name off two games that you say are tough defenses and LeFEVOUR bombed!? Most MAC teams don't stand a chance against BCS conference teams and last time I checked for a QB to succeed he needs his O-Line and Recievers to play their parts too. I believe during the season on this board there were people defending Trent and Fitz saying that the blame can't rest solely on the QB. Though I do think we have a QB issue I agree that everything can't be blamed on the QB especially for TWO GAMES.

From the Senior Bowl 2010 Aftermath on Bleacher Report:

QB Dan LeFevour (Central Michigan, North):

As far as QB's go, the story all week was Tim Tebow this, Tim Tebow that with a little bit of Cincinnati's Tony Pike (who was decent today) sprinkled in. Truth is, I don't know how LeFevour has been overlooked for so long. He was easily the best signal caller today going 5 for 10, 97 yards and a TD. He even had a momentum swinging rushing TD. More importantly, he looked very comfortable in the pocket. This all only adds to his impressive college stats. While at CMU he passed for almost 13,000 yards. For his performance today he was given the North's most outstanding player award. Perhaps today's performance will reap more rewards come April.

Projection: He's a Bill Parcell's type QB - an accomplished four year starter. He goes between the third and fourth with huge upside.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/336393-...ners-and-losers

That cuts both ways-he also wasn't playing against B10/B12/SEC defenses consistently either.

Of course it does. But knock the MAC if you will, they are up there recently in producing QBs. I'm guessing not one other guy on that offense DL played on is going to be drafted. And the one game where he played with/ against big level competition, the Senior Bowl, he was arguably the best QB in the game. Some guys are just gamers.

I can't sit here and fall out say DL will be a stud QB. No one can on any QB in the draft at this point. I will say I'd liek our draft much better if we get a LT and DT with our first 2 picks and DL rather than a QB at #9.

The one thing you can point to with LeFevour that none of the other big QB hypes in the draft can say is LeFevour played at a consistently high and winning level all 4 years at Central Michigan. 3 MAC crowns in 4 years! Over 70% completion rate for 4 years. People say Tebow knows how to win? LeFevour won all 4 years. How may QBs win their conference 3 out of 4 years as a starter?? This is a guy who will succeed in the NFL and we can probably grab him in the 3rd round, instead of wasting a #1 pick on some one-season wonder boy.

Buddy Nix says he looks for guys who've been great for several seasons. I think he has LeFevour on his radar.

PTR

I would like us to trade down, get another 2nd and Take 'Fever' with our #9 pick in the 2nd round. I agree the kid has an arm and all he does is win consistantly. Those are the qualities Nix said he looks for.

If your logic was true then no QB from the MAC or D1AA would ever succeed in the NFL. So how do you explain Tony Romo, Ben Rothlesberger and Joe Flacco?

PTR

If your logic was true then no QB from the MAC or D1AA would ever succeed in the NFL. So how do you explain Tony Romo, Ben Rothlesberger and Joe Flacco?

PTR

Not really. Biscuit made the point that the because he was in the MAC and the talent was lacking, his success is greater than that of someone at a bigger program who was surrounded by talent. I rebutted that it could be construed another way in that he didn't have to face better defenses. Your point about Flacco, Roth or Romo really doesn't address what I was referring to.

I really, really do not think the bills will take this guy. think about it rationally, he does not possess the arm Nix wants; the bills have other pressing needs and are moving to a 3-4 defense and thus will have to address dline and lb personnel. don't get your hopes up. they'll likely bring in a vet to compete with Brohm and Fitzgerald - Nix wont take a weak armed project in deference to addressing other personnel needs. think about it rationally

The CMU OL wasn't very good this year at all.

In the bowl game vs. Troy, CMU lost the "pro prospect" battle by a wide margin, especially the Troy DL vs. CMU OL issue, where Troy has two pro prospects at DE and a junior DT, Eugene Kinlaw, who will be no lower than a Third Rounder next year. They got heat on Dan all game.

The only reason CMU beat Troy was Dan. Dan's receivers were all body catchers, so Dan had to put the ball in the breadbasket for a completion.

Dan doesn't have a really strong arm and will float anything more than 25-30 yards in the air, but he is by far the most developed, best reader of defenses in this Draft. He has a very neat quick compact overhead motion, gets rid of the ball quickly, and is lethally accurate with short passes.

With this OL, Dan is about the best rookie option, but Dan will negate some of Evans' talents deep.

The Brady comp is not correct. Dan's game is closer to Brees than Brady. And when Brady faced a ferocious Giant pass rush, he wasn't very HOFish either...

Do yourself a favor and fix the OL first before you waste another high pick on yet another kid QB who will just be mauled behind your pathetic OL.

Superb analysis.

I really, really do not think the bills will take this guy. think about it rationally, he does not possess the arm Nix wants; the bills have other pressing needs and are moving to a 3-4 defense and thus will have to address dline and lb personnel. don't get your hopes up. they'll likely bring in a vet to compete with Brohm and Fitzgerald - Nix wont take a weak armed project in deference to addressing other personnel needs. think about it rationally

So we will suck another year because we keep **** for the QB position instead of addressing it now? Brilliant. Oh and in 2011 we still have problems because the guy is still developing. So maybe 2 years from now we are going to do ok...

So we will suck another year because we keep **** for the QB position instead of addressing it now? Brilliant. Oh and in 2011 we still have problems because the guy is still developing. So maybe 2 years from now we are going to do ok...

yes...two years from now we are going to do ok...

exactly, I don't think anyone will ever confuse Lefevour arm with elway, but he's a winner and can make all the throws he needs to make, if he turns out like brees I'm ok with that. I think people get a little fixated on guys with "cannons". IMO Lefevour is a guy that can handle the weather, and pressure in buffalo.

The most successful QBs in the NFL have three key attributes: they quickly identify the defense; they make very fast decisions, and they throw with accuracy. Cannon arms and the ability to throw waaaaay down field are great add-ons but not necessary. Those first three attributes are.

The most successful QBs in the NFL have three key attributes: they quickly identify the defense; they make very fast decisions, and they throw with accuracy. Cannon arms and the ability to throw waaaaay down field are great add-ons but not necessary. Those first three attributes are.

yup, and thats what Lefevour can do, IMO, and he's been a great leader, and winner, not to mention 8 of his 35 wins were come from behind victories