Thigpen

Inter divisional trades tend to be expensive, but since Thigpen is an extra in Miami, maybe we could give them Incognito straight up. He is a starting caliber guard and if you can fix his head, he'd be a nice addition for them, and not cost us any draft picks. I'm probably crazy, but just an idea.

From what I have been led to believe, Incognito isn't under contract with the Bills, so they can't trade him. Plus, if they wanted him they could have signed him just like the Bills did. And from what the organization has said, Nix knows what he is doing, so why would he trade for Thigpen, just another QB like we already have a roster full of-career backups and #3's.

Inter divisional trades tend to be expensive, but since Thigpen is an extra in Miami, maybe we could give them Incognito straight up. He is a starting caliber guard and if you can fix his head, he'd be a nice addition for them, and not cost us any draft picks. I'm probably crazy, but just an idea.

Incognito's head is not fixable. It is damaged goods. It is an "as is" product. :w00t:

If the Dolphins release Thigpen, then the Bills should give him a look. Otherwise, I would say pass on trading for him. I may be the only Bills fan on the planet that has the confidence that a sound offensive mind like Gailey will find a way to make one of the guys we currently have actually somewhat productive.

He's a seventh round draft pick from Coastal Carolina, after the season Pioli came in and brought his quarterback from his former team. Most late drafted qb's don't get a fair shake because somewhere on the roster is a high drafted guy who makes alot more money. They have more invested in him they want him to succeed. Thigpen went from starting the season as a third string to starting how many guys can do that ? He's only 25 and has had personal success rather than "he's been with two team so he must stink" how about "football god Bill Parcells wanted him enough to trade for him"

I think he's another good option - will he wow this board? nope nobody will but they will win games. Can't trade Incognito he's going to be starting at guard.

If the Dolphins release Thigpen, then the Bills should give him a look. Otherwise, I would say pass on trading for him. I may be the only Bills fan on the planet that has the confidence that a sound offensive mind like Gailey will find a way to make one of the guys we currently have actually somewhat productive.

Yes! Release = give him a shot if he even wants to be here...

From what I have been led to believe, Incognito isn't under contract with the Bills, so they can't trade him. Plus, if they wanted him they could have signed him just like the Bills did. And from what the organization has said, Nix knows what he is doing, so why would he trade for Thigpen, just another QB like we already have a roster full of-career backups and #3's.

Since there will be no salary cap in 2010 and Incognito has 5 accrued seasons in the NFL, he'll be a RFA. The Bills will surely tender him at the lowest level and be able to keep him for the year.

And the Dols put a claim in for Incognito when the Rams released him in the middle of the 2009 season, but since the Bills had a lower record the previous season, they got him. I wouldn't trade Incognito for him, and I doubt the Dols would want to trade him to a division rival in any case.

bingo... the only reason he is even being mentioned is because chan built an offence around him that played to his strengths... i mean, the guy was supposed to be a 3rd string at the CHIEFS, and wound up starting, then got traded after finishing... oh yes... 2-14... i think we have better on our roster.

I think gailey could do better with edwards or lossman with the talent we have here than he did with the nothingness of talent in KC... and I have hope for brohm, but if our staff feels the need to bring in someone in FA, so be it

Technically he is not, but he is an RFA, so I guess if they wanted to they could trade his rights. But hopefully not for Thigpen.

Incognito is still owned by the Bills assuming that no new CBA is signed prior to the beginning of March, since he's only been in the league four years, he's an RFA. Also, Miami did place a waiver claim on him after he was let go by St Louis, but since we were worse off as a team, we got him instead of them. I could see them trying to get Thigpen simply because they may not want to use the high pick on a QB this year and/or feel that they want to see what they have currently on the roster with some added competition.

No, you're not the only one. I think it makes much more sense for THEM to see what they have before going to trade route. Maybe they'll get one of them working. If not, hello Mike Vick and welcome to your new home.

WE SHOULD be signing Incognito give our situation with Eric Wood.......

Your Nuts. Give up a starter, for a scrub QB