Who the !@#$ Are You

Chef Jim

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when 50% of the band dies they should just pack it in?

When they are as important to the sound as Moon and Entwhistle were. 3 dead members of New York Dolls--but it's the loss of Johnny Thunders that keeps them from actually the New York Dolls. Last night there were more non Who members on stage than actual Whoateers.

At some point the name, and what it stands for, has to stand for something. Otherwise you end up with KISS putting random dudes in Ace Frehley makeup. Right now the Who is a nostalgia based moneymaking scheme. Call me a purist or naive or whatever, but I find Who, inc depressing.

I love the Who and thought it was pretty good. Obviously, Roger can't hit some of the notes the way he used to given his age and the way he sings.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed it much more than I would have enjoyed some of the crap there is now in music. I will never forget Britney Spears horrible performance lip syncing one of her songs during the SB half time show.

How about instead of having a commercial break after every other play, they ditch the geriatrics at halftime and use the time to play all the extra commercials. The flow of the game will be improved and halftime will actually be worth watching.

:wallbash: That's actually a pretty good idea.

I love the Who and thought it was pretty good. Obviously, Roger can't hit some of the notes the way he used to given his age and the way he sings.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed it much more than I would have enjoyed some of the crap there is now in music. I will never forget Britney Spears horrible performance lip syncing one of her songs during the SB half time show.

I though they were just fine.

I also thought that the Prince performance in '07 was very good.

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when all the idiots in the crowd start singing the songs. If I wanted to hear a massive crowd sing off key, I'd find something else to do. Me, I want to hear the band, so shut the !@#$ up.

What annoys me is when they pay allow a bunch of "fans" to stand around the stage and look enthused.