OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL THREAD

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caldwell was very classy in defeat.

I'm happy for the Saints, you know Manning and the Colts will be there again but this just felt like the only time the Saints will ever get this shot.

Especially happy for Drew Brees! And especially thankful the idiots in Miami decided to take a pass on him for Dante Culpepper! :worthy: Imagine facing tom Brady AND Drew Brees twice a year!?!

The closer this game gets the more I like the Saints. This is how I see it going...

Sean Payton is a clone of Bill Parcells. I think Sean will come up with a brilliant game plan to try to keep Manning off the field. If the Saints win the toss and defer to the second half, Sean will try to recreate Kelly's Bills' offense staying off the field for a full hour like the Giants did. The Saints ball hawk defense will get 3 turnovers while their offense gives up only 1.

The score will be 21-21 after the end of the fourth quarter leading to the first overtime in Superbowl history. The Colts win the toss. Manning is intercepted on the first drive by Jabari Greer who returns it to field goal range. Saints win 24-21.

you must be somewhat psychic good call. not exact but good.

Caldwell was very classy in defeat.

I'm happy for the Saints, you know Manning and the Colts will be there again but this just felt like the only time the Saints will ever get this shot.

Especially happy for Drew Brees! And especially thankful the idiots in Miami decided to take a pass on him for Dante Culpepper! :worthy: Imagine facing tom Brady AND Drew Brees twice a year!?!

Imagine if we traded for him.

The Jets could not hold the Colts to 21 but you think the sants will. It is the SB and the saints will play harder but so will Indy. But Goodell could ask the Refs to be NO MVP again. IMO the Colt's are undefeated. Goodell loves history.

I guess I was wrong.

I'm rooting for the Colts. here's why: I think Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and one of the best of all time. But I have Tom Brady fans tell me all the time about how much Brady is better. And the only argument they have to fall back on is that "Peyton Manning can't get it done in the postseason, which is when it counts". If he leads the Colts to a victory, they won't have a leg to stand on

--------------

coach purses

I'm rooting for the Colts. here's why: I think Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and one of the best of all time. But I have Tom Brady fans tell me all the time about how much Brady is better. And the only argument they have to fall back on is that "Peyton Manning can't get it done in the postseason, which is when it counts". If he leads the Colts to a victory, they won't have a leg to stand on

Did you fall asleep or something or not have access to television/radio the sb ended hours ago the saints won :thumbsup:

Let us know when the fires and looting starts

I guess we will see whether this turns into a version of Detroit on Halloween but actually the crime reports from the massive parties in the Big Easy the night before the SB were that despite a pretty massive amount of public drunkiness there were actually few if any arrests reported that night.

My guess is that this was a combination of even the criminal element not wanting to risk 24 hours in jail when there was an SB to watch the next day and the NO police having little desire to imprison or watch folks during SB Sunday.

However, my sense is a part of this is that folks in NO have seen some bad times during Katrina and that the SB does represent a significant societal turning point for these Louisianas. My guess is that there will like be a significant # of arrests which go with large alcohol use. However, folks generally will be in a great mood and the violence reaction will be pretty rare amongst most folks.

Please keep an eye on the crime reports if you really believe in this prediction and comeback and tell us if it turns out to be true or false.

Please keep an eye on the crime reports if you really believe in this prediction and comeback and tell us if it turns out to be true or false.

I've gotten used to seeing too many reports when a city wins a Championship seeing people start bonfires in the street and flipping cars. This includes Syracuse back in 2003 when the Orange won the national championship. I'm surprised that people who should be in a good mood decide it wold be fun to flip a car.

you must be somewhat psychic good call. not exact but good.

Thanks for giving me props after your initial smackdown. :thumbsup:

The Payton/Parcells connection was too big to dimiss. Payton's coaching and decision making was just as big of a factor as Brees' performance in them winning that game. That onside kick floored me.