Rumor: Pennington Being Considered

BillsNYC

back-up to Brohm

how about starter and mentor to brohm

Clear out edwards and fitz and go in the pennington ,brohm next year \

Cleary if something dynamic comes along jump on it but this off season in not shaping up as one were we are going to hit a home run at the Qb position

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, we've been punked. BSD should stand for "bull s##t daily". This is just the fertile imagination of pretend journalist Pat Moran from BillsZone.com. I'm still waiting for one of his so-called rumors to actually pan out!

PTR

But...but...but...Promo! It's on the inter-webs!

Seriously, hasn't Moran consistently proven that he has zero sources? All the guy does is use common sense and then passes it off as a "rumor from a source" to drive up traffic to his website.

Of course the Bills would "consider" Pennington since he's a FA QB and the Bills need to upgrade their QB spot. They'll also "consider" trading for Michael Vick and Tyler Thigpen and drafting Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen. Should I post this on a website and say that my source told me so? I bet people will notice me then!

Just say no to this guy, he never breaks anything...merely speculates.

Pennington should consider coaching. He'd be an excellent QB coach IMO.

However, the JESTS have Matt Cavanaugh and Miami's QB coach has been there just two years, and I think Sporano is happy with the job he's done with, well - Pennington and Henne.

I don't see him coming to Buffalo. No. Gailey may have some interest in him, but I suspect that's a one way street.

What part of Neither are a starting calibre QB are you guys still missing? There isn't one QB on this roster that should even sniff starting snaps.

First off, I did say that the Bills should draft Bradford or Claussen if they are there.

Newsflash, Pennington is no longer starting QB material. I would take Fitzpatrick over Pennington at this point of their careers any day of the week. If Fitzpatrick doesn't play well enough, then Brohm is given the chance to start. If neither of them are the answer then Brown (4th, 5th rd pick) gets a shot. If Brown doesn't show enough potential then the Bills go QB in the first round of 2011.

You can't have all the questions answered in one year. If the QBs aren't there then they should build up the lines and go with what they have for a year. McNabb is NOT coming here, that's a pipe dream. McNabb will either play for the Eagles or be granted his wish to play for a team that's playoff ready like the Cardinals or Vikings. The Eagles are not going to do McNabb bad like that and force him to play for the downtrodden Bills in a trade. Vick is a possibility that I threw out there but when it comes down to it, I don't really want him.

Oops, we've been punked. BSD should stand for "bull s##t daily". This is just the fertile imagination of pretend journalist Pat Moran from BillsZone.com. I'm still waiting for one of his so-called rumors to actually pan out!

“I am certain they (Buffalo) are at least considering him as an option right now”

The operative word tells you what kind of 'source' he has... :unsure:

PTR

Hey...least its something to talk about.

Pennington is an upgrade over anyone on the current rooster, and also signals that the Bills may be considering Bradford/Clausen at a #1 and looking for a smart vet to a) hold the reigns for a year or two and b) tutor the rookie on the position.

He's a smart QB that will come cheap and would be a better addition that just about anyone else that will be available. As far as the endless 'noodle arm' arguments, I seem to recall a lot of games where that noodle arm beat the Bills.

If they are going to draft a QB #1, this would be a good move.

Pennington is an upgrade over anyone on the current rooster, and also signals that the Bills may be considering Bradford/Clausen at a #1 and looking for a smart vet to a) hold the reigns for a year or two and b) tutor the rookie on the position.

He's a smart QB that will come cheap and would be a better addition that just about anyone else that will be available. As far as the endless 'noodle arm' arguments, I seem to recall a lot of games where that noodle arm beat the Bills.

If they are going to draft a QB #1, this would be a good move.

5 wins, 5 losses...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...ennCh01/splits/

Considering how bad we've been this past decade that is not a good record at all.

5 wins, 5 losses...

Considering how bad we've been this past decade that is not a good record at all.

True, he shouldn't come here.

But his best yardage totals came against Buff and NE-2 "cold weather" teams. And his completion percentage and total yards were best in December---relatively few in Miami.

First off, I did say that the Bills should draft Bradford or Claussen if they are there.

Newsflash, Pennington is no longer starting QB material. I would take Fitzpatrick over Pennington at this point of their careers any day of the week. If Fitzpatrick doesn't play well enough, then Brohm is given the chance to start. If neither of them are the answer then Brown (4th, 5th rd pick) gets a shot. If Brown doesn't show enough potential then the Bills go QB in the first round of 2011.

You can't have all the questions answered in one year. If the QBs aren't there then they should build up the lines and go with what they have for a year. McNabb is NOT coming here, that's a pipe dream. McNabb will either play for the Eagles or be granted his wish to play for a team that's playoff ready like the Cardinals or Vikings. The Eagles are not going to do McNabb bad like that and force him to play for the downtrodden Bills in a trade. Vick is a possibility that I threw out there but when it comes down to it, I don't really want him.

how can you say hee id not starting qb anymore . His last full year he took a team that won 1 game the year before into the playoffs.

5 wins, 5 losses...

The Bills haven't been that bad; about the same record as the Jets during Pennington's tenure in NY.

I'm not saying the guy is Manning; but he's a smart veteran and team leader who would be a good mentor to a rookie QB. Part of the reason the Bills have struck out so badly with QBs over the past 20 years is because they never nuture young guys who need to learn the pro game.

It's not like there are any better options. Like it or not, the Bills have at least 2 years of rebuilding before there is any chance of them being a serious contender. We're talking about a transition QB for the next year or two.

Via Twitter:

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/02/...-be-considered/

Personally, I don't think he had the arm strength for Buffalo in his prime, let alone now. Not questioning his leadership or football intelligence, he's a great football player, just a better fit for a dome or warm weather team.

Oh God no. :unsure:

The man does not have any shoulder left and I've seen my Bills make him look bad a number of times. This would be a joke.