Favorite vocalist-any category

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are thousands of great ones, but this reminded me of James Dewar Pity he never had more exposer.

Maybe I should have titled this "favorite vocalists who are not household names" Sinatra,Plant,Etc.

Probably doesn't qualify as a non-household name, but I've always been fond of Brad Delp's (Boston) singing. For female, I'll say Shirley Manson (Garbage).

I know there are thousands of great ones, but this reminded me of James Dewar Pity he never had more exposer.

Maybe I should have titled this "favorite vocalists who are not household names" Sinatra,Plant,Etc.

Dewar (RIP) was one of the greatest, and most underrated, rock vocalists. Bridge of Sighs is a tour de force on many levels. Jack Bruce is another very good singing bassist, but IMO Dewar was even better.

Lowell George could sure sing.

But I think my favorite is Van Morrison:

http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569466647708855

Dewar (RIP) was one of the greatest, and most underrated, rock vocalists. Bridge of Sighs is a tour de force on many levels. Jack Bruce is another very good singing bassist, but IMO Dewar was even better.

Lowell George could sure sing.

But I think my favorite is Van Morrison:

http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569466647708855

+ 1 on Bruce. I think many think the vocals on Cream where Clapton's.

Roy Orbison

I would actually have to put Roy on my all-time list too. Oh Pretty Woman is difficult to top after these many years. Only the lonley, Crying...top notch stuff. Still some of my favorites when they come on during my work-outs.

A couple others that I enjoy during workouts are...Mercy by Duffy. The Golden State by John Doe. Also must admit an affinity toward the vocalizations of Lady Antebellum...terrific harmonies.

Good call Lew!

I would actually have to put Roy on my all-time list too. Oh Pretty Woman is difficult to top after these many years. Only the lonley, Crying...top notch stuff.

Good call Lew!

Dude,

Don't get me wrong, I am really glad you're doing well. It is good to have you back. Everyone was worried. The Googlebot even cried and rusted himself shut. Don't ask how Sammy got rid of the rust cuz if the Googlebot finds out there is gonna be a fight.

And......

I guess I never really appreciated all the work you do around here. The place has gone to heck and a handbasket. I gave Sven some of your work but for all of that Nordic bravado he can't keep up. Some of the clients are pissed. Code name London Marriott for one.

But......

You better get back here in a hurry because there is a storm a brewing. When I told code name Ennifer Janiston about your Sprial Vaginitis it seemed to really freak her out at first. Then I think it started to turn her on. She wouldn't spend any time with Sven and as you know I want no part of that so she has been waiting for you. At this point she is like that old horse Fury kicking down the stall doors and everything. I have thus far been able to keep your home address a secret but I think she is tracking Ginny's shipments of Werther's Originals so be careful.

You better get back here in a hurry because there is a storm a brewing. When I told code name Ennifer Janiston about your Sprial Vaginitis it seemed to really freak her out at first. Then I think it started to turn her on. She wouldn't spend any time with Sven and as you know I want no part of that so she has been waiting for you. At this point she is like that old horse Fury kicking down the stall doors and everything. I have thus far been able to keep your home address a secret but I think she is tracking Ginny's shipments of Werther's Originals so be careful.

:unsure: Spiral Vaginitis...good stuff!

Dude,

But......

Galactric equilibrium has been restored....crayonz and beerball are at it again.

As for the topic of this thread .... Freddie Mercury .... case closed