Ran into Eric Wood & Brian Brohm

Dawgg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Levitre, Hangartner, and Incognito, the Bills don't need to rush Wood back.

Wood moves to center; thus Levitre Wood Incognito = solid, mean interior line (refreshing!)

I was just going to say this...

The Bills NEED Wood back as soon as possible, given he is healthy and on schedule. An interior line of Levtire-Wood-Incognito, would make for a big, mean and nasty trio on the inside that would be solid for years to come. Plus, Hangartner did not impress me much against bigger d-linemen. He stayed healthy, I'll give him that, but I think he would be a better backup, along the interior of the line.

Now...I believe out of Butler, Bell, Meredith and Watkins, they can find an LT/RT combo that works, and they can make do with that. Especially, if we get Michael Vick or a guy who can move out of the pocket. This would allow us to fill other needs in the draft. Free agency could bring in a tackle. But, unless we draft a rookie QB #1, we could make do. If we get a 1st round rookie QB, we need to revamp the offensive line.

I also think if we get Vick, we can make do with our weapons. If we don't and we draft Clausen, we need to get him some more weapons, which creates more holes to fill.

We have to fill needs as easily and quickly as possible. We now have to prepare for the 3-4! :lol:

Thanks for the refresher on Incognito my man. Still, it's encouraging that a move to center was at least planned for him so it's something to keep an eye on. It was believed before all his "issues" happened that before all was said and done he would have been the best O-line prospect to ever come out of Nebraska. As long as he can keep his head on straight I hope the Bills keep him in their plans.......

I'r rather let Incognito play RG and have Wood and Hangartner duke it out for the C spot.

Have you been perusing this board long? Who has "given up" on Brian Brohm? Everything I have read here, indicates that he is the second coming of Aaron Rodgers...

I don't know if you can count me as "given up" on the guy, because I never supported him. Can you give up on something you never approved of? If anyone has given up on Brohm, it was Green Bay, on the day they waived him & the rest of the league when nobody put in a waiver claim.

As far as the people in Louisville who rave about the guy, I'm sure you can go to many colleges where NFL busts had good college careers where they still rave about the guy. Just look at all the Heisman winning QBs who flopped in the NFL. That's because for certain players, Brohm included, their college career just doesn't translate into the NFL. It took Green Bay only 1 year to figure that out.

I saw them there too! It was great to see Wood up on his feet all night having a good time. He had a boot on his leg but no crutches. Him and Levitre were hanging out a good bit together inside the bar area with us. Seemed like good guys.

Is Woods being stalked by Bills' fans? :thumbdown:

Wood moves to center; thus Levitre Wood Incognito = solid, mean interior line (refreshing!)

And perhaps most important given the immaturity Incognito has shown in his career we do seem to have semi-viable plan Bs to go with at these interior line positions if Incognito has personality meltdowns as he did in his college career and as a young pro.

The Levitre/Wood/Incognito trio seems like a gritty, young, and talented trio which MAY prove to have the production and chemistry to build around.

However, the horrific injury suffered by Wood and Incognito's false starts at Nebraska and which made him available as an FA to the Bills simply leave questions about their long term viability which can only be answered by them on the field.

However, the presence of Hamgartner and Butler give the Bills former reasonable starters in the past at these positions who while not folks one would bank on as long terms answers (Hamgartner due to age and Butler due to injury history) they are pretty good plan Bs if Wood comes back slowly, Levitre does not continue to develop and improve or Incognito goes off the rails personally again. I like where we are in regard to the interior line and is one place where I am pretty sure the Bills can keep all of these players contractually if they choose but it means someone is gonna sit who actually probably deserves to play.

I don't know if you can count me as "given up" on the guy, because I never supported him. Can you give up on something you never approved of? If anyone has given up on Brohm, it was Green Bay, on the day they waived him & the rest of the league when nobody put in a waiver claim.

Um, Green Bay not only did not waive him this past November, when Buffalo made him an offer, GB immediately moved to match BFLO's. Mike McCarthy is extremely high on Brohm.

Here's the relevant quote from Wikipedia: "Brohm was signed off the Packers practice squad by the Buffalo Bills on November 19, 2009 after the Bills waived Gibran Hamdan."

Now...I believe out of Butler, Bell, Meredith and Watkins, they can find an LT/RT combo that works, and they can make do with that.

I seem to remember hearing the same thing last year. Yeah, yeah, out of Bell, Langston Walker, Levitre and Butler, we can find an LT / RT combo that works.

Don't kid yourself.

Um, Green Bay not only did not waive him this past November, when Buffalo made him an offer, GB immediately moved to match BFLO's. Mike McCarthy is extremely high on Brohm.

Here's the relevant quote from Wikipedia: "Brohm was signed off the Packers practice squad by the Buffalo Bills on November 19, 2009 after the Bills waived Gibran Hamdan."

You're right, they didn't waive him, but the minute they put him on the practice squad, they were saying, loud as a bullhorn, that they didn't value him much.

How many other 2nd round picks from the year before were on NFL practice squads last year? I can't say for sure, but I doubt there was a single one.

I seem to remember hearing the same thing last year. Yeah, yeah, out of Bell, Langston Walker, Levitre and Butler, we can find an LT / RT combo that works.

Don't kid yourself.

Langston could have play RT or LT but we tried the no huddle and he was to fat and didn't have high stamina.

That would be an intimidating interior line in a few years after Wood and Levitre get some experience. I think Butler will do well at tackle so all we need is some mean S.O.B. at left tackle then we can have one of the nastiest lines in the NFL.

That would be an intimidating interior line in a few years after Wood and Levitre get some experience. I think Butler will do well at tackle so all we need is some mean S.O.B. at left tackle then we can have one of the nastiest lines in the NFL.

Bulaga's his name, provided he's still there at #9.

...However, the presence of Hamgartner and Butler give the Bills former reasonable starters in the past at these positions who while not folks one would bank on as long terms answers (Hamgartner due to age...

Umm, I'm fairly certain that football careers can be expected to last well beyond 27, even for linemen.