I do want to sincerely THANK Jauron and crew...

When grading out the currant team we have I would say that after giving our secondary some thought and an honest opinion. I grade them out at about a B+ - A- but here's the thing, an A- secondary easily gets bumped up to an A+ with a pass rush. And a pass rush that has a secondary as good as ours will be even that more hungry to annihilate opposing QB's.

If we can just get the type of pressure on QB's that the Jets do then we can have our own Darrell Revis in McKelvin.

I know most fans know the coalition between the pass rush and secondary play but for those that don't? Well, guys we have 1/2 of what could be a #1 defense here and now we are going to start to build a front 7 that should play well in hand with whats already here. This is an exciting time to be a Bills fan. Seriously, it is. Good moves left and right abound and we can only believe that those same good decisions will carry over to FA and Drafting. I haven't felt this good about what's to come for the Bills literally ever, ever thats right I said it-ever. I was 7 when the Bills drafted Bruuuuuce so I wasn't able to follow as closely due to being a child, and finally I starting to pay close attention around 88-89. This is a new feeling to me as a Bills fan. I've been kicked in the past but this time it seems different. Many of you on here know that I'm not always the positive poster but maybe that will start to change no, I mean **** they've already turned Darth back into Anakin

His teams were prepared for the games they played most of the time, but he wasn't going to win games as much as he was not going to lose them which was his ultimate downfall. You can't push that message to your players or they will begin to think too much instead of just play. It killed Edwards and it could possibly have an effect on the number of injuries although that may be a stretch.

Good guy, understood the game very well and was not too far off from being a playoff type of coach but just didn't have the next piece of the puzzle that the guys who consistently get in have.

Someone sooner or later will slam you on your "our own Darrell Revis in McKelvin" but your right. Except not being quite as big, McKelvin has just as much if not more athletic ability than Revis. Remember, Revis was getting "turned around, caught outta position, etc." quite a bit in his first couple seasons too. All the sudden the guy gains some expirience and the Jets develope a PASS RUSH and boom, it's a total disgusting manwhore lovefest for Revis from the announcers everytime the Jets are on TV. Maybe Revis will soon want Clements money and he can go to San Fran too.... :lol:

That's what I was wondering.

You suck at your job, you get fired. Just because you do 1/7th of your job on TV doesn't mean I feel any worse than I do for anyone else who gets fired due to incompetence.

I feel bad because he seems like a great guy and now he can't even get a job at his Alma Mater. That sucks.

I feel bad because he seems like a great guy and now he can't even get a job at his Alma Mater. That sucks.

He's a nice guy who just doesn't excel at his chosen career path. Head coaching isn't for him. That sucks just like the people who leave my company or yours who it turns out "weren't a good job fit".

I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment. Its always a big speedbump in life when you realize you need to shift job paths, especially at Dick's age, but I think he's had PLENTY of chances, more than most would, to try to excel in the path of head coach. Didn't work out. Maybe sunglasses model? (I kid.)

Jauron the coach wasn't nearly as much the problem as whomever constructed that team. Just awful personnel management. Draft high character suckjobs and let all of your really good players go. I can't believe I still have season tix.

I do wish him well in future endeavors (beginning in Philly) because he really is a good guy.

It's funny how some posters see the world as black or white with no hints of gray.

DJ wasn't all bad: he genuinely had his team well prepared, got his players to play hard for him and did an outstanding job of building our secondary.

However, he had many problems that he just couldn't overcome: poor game-day decisions, poor player personnel decisions (and I do believe that the draft picks were mostly on him) -- but his biggest downfall was his complete and utter disregard for the offense and refrain from hiring a top notch OC to run the offense. If the offense had even been competent (say ranking around 15th rather than 30th in the league) during his tenure, he would STILL be here.

I know most fans know the coalition between the pass rush and secondary play but for those that don't? Well, guys we have 1/2 of what could be a #1 defense here

It only took them drafting /signing 3x the players to find that 1/2 of a defense!

YOu are thanking him? For what exactly? He was out coached. He went way to easy on the players which in my opinion caused the injury issues. 3 years in a row the Bills had a rediculous amount of injuries.

Sure he helped draft a few good players. big deal.

His teams were prepared for the games they played most of the time, but he wasn't going to win games as much as he was not going to lose them which was his ultimate downfall. You can't push that message to your players or they will begin to think too much instead of just play. It killed Edwards and it could possibly have an effect on the number of injuries although that may be a stretch.

Good guy, understood the game very well and was not too far off from being a playoff type of coach but just didn't have the next piece of the puzzle that the guys who consistently get in have.

Classy guy, yes. But it is clear he had no idea how to construct an offense, given the fact he ditched his OC and starting LT the week before the season opener, then continued with the ill-fated no-huddle.