I do want to sincerely THANK Jauron and crew...

I agree. I mean have Buffalo fans ever felt this bad about a coach after he was fired? I don't think so.

Hell, I feel bad that we're still talking about him.

Bad isn't the right word........lessee........nauseated, maybe? Yeah.....that's more like it.

Good guy, understood the game very well and was not too far off from being a playoff type of coach but just didn't have the next piece of the puzzle that the guys who consistently get in have.

He may have understood the game well, but that didn't translate since oftentimes he was out coached. And, he didn't really seem to expect to win. I mean, I didn't even get the sense that Jauron felt he was a coach that could lead guys to victory.

I love all the idiots that suggest they know DJ personally enough to claim he's a "good guy" or whatever. The guy sucks as a head coach, PERIOD! He was hired to develop, lead, and make a winner. Did anyone believe it was going to happen? Never. What else matters? Does being anything other than a winner make one a winner? I'm thrilled RW had to pay for his stupid decision. He won't learn from it. At least he can burn to the tune of the $7+ Million he had to give him to leave. He just put me thru 4 more crappy years as a fan, and I can't get those back.

I feel bad because he seems like a great guy and now he can't even get a job at his Alma Mater. That sucks.

He's a Yalee, not a Tiger. AFAIK he never applied for the job at Yale. He wanted the job at Princeton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Jauron

Jauron rushed for 2,947 yards
at Yale
, setting a school record that stood from 1973 to 2000, and was thrice named to the All-Ivy League First Team, the only Yale football athlete to be so honored. His school-record streak of 16 consecutive 100-yard rushing games was not broken until 2006. Jauron was awarded the Nils V. "Swede" Nelson Award for sportsmanship following his junior season and the Bulger Lowe Award, given to the best Division I-A/I-AA player in New England, after his senior season.

The guy's a class act... not a good HC, but a class act.

I guess people are missing the point of why I started this thread, go figure... :wallbash: TSW isn't known for that now are we?

I was just thanking Jauron and Co. for putting together a potentially very good secondary and saying that I felt bad that such a nice guy sucks so bad and has so many that dislike him. If you don't agree with either of those sentiments then that's cool but please stop taking it out of context...

I was wrong about the Princeton thing my bad, I forget he was a Yale alum.

his game day coaching decisions were pivital in not winning more games...the indecision, coaching afraid. The guy is obviously a classy, nice guy but he's a brutal head coach.

Classy yes - I don't know about coaching afraid - he never blamed others for the losses.

I still don't know how a coach is responsible for a kick returner that can't down the ball or for only having LB's available to him that wouldn't make most teams' practice squads

That's what I was wondering.

You suck at your job, you get fired. Just because you do 1/7th of your job on TV doesn't mean I feel any worse than I do for anyone else who gets fired due to incompetence.

Only in america can you be the head person in charge fail badly and get paid millions of dollars !

Thanks Dick , and Thanks Marv the last four years were like one long root canel. DJ is now were he belongs and should have stayed a D-Backs coach. Thanks so much!!!

I guess people are missing the point of why I started this thread, go figure... :( TSW isn't known for that now are we?

I was just thanking Jauron and Co. for putting together a potentially very good secondary and saying that I felt bad that such a nice guy sucks so bad and has so many that dislike him. If you don't agree with either of those sentiments then that's cool but please stop taking it out of context...

I was wrong about the Princeton thing my bad, I forget he was a Yale alum.

The guy was a nice person, but what he did on draft day 06-08 was draft players who will not be contributors much longer. If, after four seasons all Buffalo has is only secondary, that's not success. It's abject failure.

Buffalo used two firsts on DB's, one of whom may not even be on the team next year, and signed several UFA's in the course of DJ's four off-seasons. Of course they should have a solid secondary, they spent a lot of resources on it.

But you can continue thanking DJ (and Marv) next season when the team must rebuild their front defensive front 7 and find OT's capable of pass blocking. Even without a move to the 3-4, Buffalo needed a lot of help on both sides of the LOS. For goodness sakes they gave up 150+ yards rushing per game last season! And that was worse than what they yielded in DJ's first season. See a trend here?

At the rate DJ and company were going, it would have taken them 15 years to rebuild off the TD era.