OH GOD NO!!! THE BILLS FOUND A NEW QB!

Bill Cowher

I would like to have Thigpen in the mix, but it's not going to happen. If he's actually a solid talent, Parcels will not let him go, espcially to a division opponent. And if he is willing to let him leave, that probably means he's not that good.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll say it, I'd be downright excited. Thigpen quite possibly has tremendous upside. Let's bring him in and make the three of them fight it out (Trent, Brohm and Thigpen). If Trent wins that show down then next year would truly be make or break for him.

If one of the other two lights it up then great. . . we found our QB of the future.

At the very least, one of the three QBs should be good enough to be a back up QB.

Most impotant, Thigpen in '10 means we can focus on using our #9 on an OT this year-- And worry about the franchise QB next year IF NEED BE.

Agreed

so your serious...thigpen, brohm and lefevour are better than vick...i mean are u really REALLY serious? how long have you been watching football? i mean whats your motivation? tell me your just mad about the dogs because ill give you a pass, but if thats not the case you need your head examined. But your opinion is yours im just tryna see where your coming from?

I am a fan of bringing in Vick. But Thigpen did fairly well on an absolutely horrible team with horrible talent that would make the bills look like super bowl champs. Just saying.

sounds like thigpen, brohm, and Lefevour will be it for us this year, btw, thigpin would be a good teacher for Lefevour, if anybody. IMO, those 3 are STILL BETTER THAN VICK.

I seriously doubt Bills draft Lefevour. He does not possess the Nix approved QB attributes; moreover, the move to a 3-4 almost ensures a heavy concentration on dline and lbs in the draft. Don't get your hopes up too high

I seriously doubt Bills draft Lefevour. He does not possess the Nix approved QB attributes; moreover, the move to a 3-4 almost ensures a heavy concentration on dline and lbs in the draft. Don't get your hopes up too high

Gailey ran the spread in KC with thigpin right?

Lefevour ran the spread at CMU right?

Thigpin and Lefevour have a similiar playing style from what I can tell, plus you throw in brohm, I dont see why you dont thin k lefevour would be a fit for buffalo, and what are Nixs' approved QB attributes?

Hey everyone, the franchise QB that everyone is hoping for...isn't in the first round this year. It's not in the free agent pool this year. We will not have the QB of the future on our roster this year. This is a REBUILDING process. The goal is to find a QB this year that will be good enough to hold us until we do have that franchise QB.

A Matt Kofler or Gary Maraingi type of year

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :worthy: YOU CANT BE SERIOUS..so we got

1. Trent Edwards = scared to throw to receivers and super fragile

2. Ryan Fitzwhatever = Old journeyman QB whos maybe thrown over 250 once

3. Brian Brohm = A second year guy who got booted from the f*ckin practice squad

now add SUPPOSEDLY

4. Tyler Thigpen = a third string QB from another team

:D:thumbdown:

and we think were gonna go somewhere hell we'd be better of starting jimmy clausen or tim tebow behind our sh*t stained line.

why are some of you happy again because im a lil lost in this celebration. I know some of you are opposed to vick and mcnabb but id take those two over those four stink bombs any day. Hell give me clausen (who has no winning record) or tebow (whos suspect) and ill get a bit more excited...

ladies and gentlemen your 2010 Buffalo Bills!

Interesting thought how effective smith could be in the pistol that gailey runs.

the pistol that gailey runs? This rumor on ESPN or wherever this came from is the same place that a couple of weeks ago said it looked like we were going to hire Leslie. Coach Gailey doesn't run "the pistol". He didn't run it in Dallas. He didn't run it in KC when Brody Croyle was the starter. He didn't run in Pittsburgh. Coach Gailey evaluates his talent and figures a way to use them best. He may like Tyler Pigpen and consider acquiring him, but not to shoehorn a system into the Bills which really doesn't sound like it takes advantage of our strengths in running the football.

The first thing Buddy said at the Coach Gaily PC was that you gotta have a good QB to win in the NFL. I think that's probably one of his first orders of business. Somehow I don't think Tyler Pigpen was what he had in mind. If the Fish came out and really wanted Trent or Fitz or Brohm, would we trade him to them for fair maket value? Think about it. But, who knows?

No Thigpen. If he was any good he would be playing right now. Give Brohm a chance. I am not going to say he will be a savior but we don't know. Also lets draft a QB. Competition is always good and if they both pan out we can trade one in the future.

the pistol that gailey runs? This rumor on ESPN or wherever this came from is the same place that a couple of weeks ago said it looked like we were going to hire Leslie. Coach Gailey doesn't run "the pistol". He didn't run it in Dallas. He didn't run it in KC when Brody Croyle was the starter. He didn't run in Pittsburgh. Coach Gailey evaluates his talent and figures a way to use them best. He may like Tyler Pigpen and consider acquiring him, but not to shoehorn a system into the Bills which really doesn't sound like it takes advantage of our strengths in running the football.

The first thing Buddy said at the Coach Gaily PC was that you gotta have a good QB to win in the NFL. I think that's probably one of his first orders of business. Somehow I don't think Tyler Pigpen was what he had in mind. If the Fish came out and really wanted Trent or Fitz or Brohm, would we trade him to them for fair maket value? Think about it. But, who knows?

you are right, Gailey never ran the pistol with those players,

HE RAN THE PISTOL WITH TYLER THIGPIN, a version of the spread offense that utilizes thigpins limited talents.