Bills need a NT from the north

LaDairis

Cody - Bama

Dan Williams - Tenn

Torrell Troup - Central FLA

Cam Thomas - UNC

Kyle Love - Miss St

We need someone we can trust to show up and play well when it is cold and snowy. None of these has any experience doing that.

I agree that it'd be nice if they had this experience, but I don't think it's as important as at the skill positions. See Wilfork, Vince.

Cody - Bama

Dan Williams - Tenn

Cam Thomas - UNC

Kyle Love - Miss St

We need someone we can trust to show up and play well when it is cold and snowy. None of these has any experience doing that.

The Bills practice in an indoor facility and only see the field on game days. They're no better in cold weather than the DTs you mention.

I agree that it'd be nice if they had this experience, but I don't think it's as important as at the skill positions. See Wilfork, Vince.

If we exclude ourselves from drafting players from the football factories from the south we will suck for a LOT longer.

A NT from the south would love to play in the cold. The problem with playing NT is not that you get too cold but that you are sweating like a dog from battling 2-3 OL people every play. If it is slippery every def. player will be impacted even if they grew up in White Horse, Yukon because the offense knows what it is trying to do on a play and the defense has to react.

It's just plain historical fact that NTs from the North are better - Sherman had a number of fantastic NTs that got great penetration and he was able to devestate the South and burn Atlanta to the ground...

The NT class of 1864 was SICK.......

This coincided with an exceptionally weak class of offensive linemen from the South and thus the Civil War ended in defeat for Dixie - it's always about who does a better job in the trenches...

2 things... 1st did OSU, UofM or PSU have any good NTs draft worthy this year?

2nd - Pat williams may "retire." what are the odds Buddy can talk him into 1 more year with the bills?

does anyone know his contract status with the vikings?

Cody - Bama

Dan Williams - Tenn

Cam Thomas - UNC

Kyle Love - Miss St

thats a terrible argument, it doesnt matter where they came from as lineman, their not handling the ball, if you eliminate the best talent pool in the nation from your drafting you are setting yourself up for failure

It's just plain historical fact that NTs from the North are better - Sherman had a number of fantastic NTs that got great penetration and he was able to devestate the South and burn Atlanta to the ground...

The NT class of 1864 was SICK.......

This coincided with an exceptionally weak class of offensive linemen from the South and thus the Civil War ended in defeat for Dixie - it's always about who does a better job in the trenches...

This is the greatest post I've read in weeks. :lol: