New Defensive Coordinator - George Edwards

ajm

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Five-Star Floyd" is going to be pisssssed!

http://rutgers.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1037814

What also helped make Floyd's decision a little easier was that he has already talked with Florida's new defensive coordinator George Edwards, formerly of the Miami Dolphins.

Floyd said Friday he's impressed with Edwards' credentials and NFL experience. That was one of the big keys in getting the 6-foot-3, 310-pound prospect to Gainesville.

Looks like he took the Kiffin route: one month at Florida and onto another job.

Let me qualify this by saying I'm a big Gator fan, but this stinks of recruiting shenanigans. Lure young kids to Gainsville under the guise of coaching continuity -even with meyers expected LOA- then bail the day after Signing Day..

Otherwise, I've never heard of the guy..

How old is Porter? Maybe a mentor for Maybin? One on each side. Wilfork, Franklin, Jamal Williams and Hampton could all be on the market for NT as well. The Bills could then target Dan Williams or Terrence Cody to spell one of them in the 2nd or a trade up into the late 1st round..........ooooooh yeah brothers......and sisters too!!!! ;)

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...c4-74e731938c0e

woah some interesting stuff in there!

Buffalo’s new defensive boss will be making changes to the Bills defensive scheme, which has exclusively employed a 4-3 front the past nine seasons.

Defensively, we will start from a 3-4 alignment,” said Edwards. “But we will do what we feel is best for our players. We are not going to give anything away about exactly what we will do, but personnel will dictate what you can and what you can’t do. As far as the initial alignment, the 3-4 is what we will start off with and we will adjust from there.”

Buffalo’s new defensive boss will be making changes to the Bills defensive scheme, which has exclusively employed a 4-3 front the past nine seasons.

Defensively, we will start from a 3-4 alignment,” said Edwards. “But we will do what we feel is best for our players. We are not going to give anything away about exactly what we will do, but personnel will dictate what you can and what you can’t do. As far as the initial alignment, the 3-4 is what we will start off with and we will adjust from there.”

WOW

(And if this is the defense that Edwards is practicing against, I doubt even more he makes the team!)

NO, ****. 34 is the new fad just like the tampa 2 was.

Well then, there should be some NT's available, the Bills better land one of em' and like I said earlier target Dan Williams and Terrence Cody in the draft to spell that guy. Not sure if Kyle Williams fits at NT or not. I wonder where he'll fit? I'd say Stroud and Johnson as the ends, Paul P and Mitchell as the ILB's.

WOW

(And if this is the defense that Edwards is practicing against, I doubt even more he makes the team!)

On the other hand, maybe he'll finally learn how to read the 3-4...