dick turned down by Princeton

bkc

Eagles hired former Bills head coach Dick Jauron to coach the team's defensive backs.

Jauron replaces Brian Stewart, who left to take over as defensive coordinator at the University of Houston. Per Peter King, Jauron tried to land the Princeton head coaching job only to be turned down. He'll be asked to fix the team's subpar safety play in 2010.

good enough to be our head coach not good enough to be the 250 best college coach

Eagles hired former Bills head coach Dick Jauron to coach the team's defensive backs.

Jauron replaces Brian Stewart, who left to take over as defensive coordinator at the University of Houston. Per Peter King, Jauron tried to land the Princeton head coaching job only to be turned down. He'll be asked to fix the team's subpar safety play in 2010.

good enough to be our head coach not good enough to be the 250 best college coach

Wow he really has been busted down the ladder - appears that he did not even get a wiff at a DC role somewhere.

Jauron... a college coach? Yup... I can see his recruitment ploy right now.

"We really like the way you defend and we really think you can be a really great player for a really great university. We would really appreciate it you would visit, we think you will really like it. And, then would really like you to sign this letter of intent"

Damn... I can't even see how a sub DIII athlete, that has no chance of playing college ball at any level, could get excited about playing after meeting with Jauron.

Princeton hired a new head coach about a month and a half ago.

Surace - a Princeton Alum - replaces Hughes.

So, if he threw his hat into the ring for that job it happened probably right after Ralphie gave him the axe.

Frankly, I'm glad he wasn't hired. I attend Princeton games from time to time and I don't know what he would have done to their program - but it hasn't been great shakes for awhile. It would have been kind of fun watching him though.

Screw him, he's a Yalee anyway.

You forgot to mention that the Bills gave him an extension. Insanity multiplied by stupidity. :thumbdown:

Wow he really has been busted down the ladder - appears that he did not even get a wiff at a DC role somewhere.

I don't want to bash jauron anymore, but I just can't help it. To all the posters here who said he was a good coach, respected around the league, just didn't have the talent to work with, etc. What does it say to you when he gets beat out for a d coordinator job by the guy who served under him for three years, then doesn't get any looks anywhere else? I mean, you look at a guy like mike nolan who failed as a head coach similar to the way DJ did, and he gets picked up as D coordinator right away twice. I'm sure people around the league like DJ as a person, but they definitely don't respect him as a coach.

DJ: I really think you have the speed to be a great corner. You have great hands and your agility is unquestionable. As far as tackling goes, we can work on that throughout the season.

Recruit: You do know I'm a WR right??

DJ: What's your point?

George Wilson is glad he thought that way.

And the hate for Jauron is so laughable. He didn't get the job done and got fired. But he is a classly and good guy. And now he's getting paid $3 million to coach dbs on one of the best NFL teams. Good for him and I wish him well.

George Wilson is glad he thought that way.

And the hate for Jauron is so laughable. He didn't get the job done and got fired. But he is a classly and good guy. And now he's getting paid $3 million to coach dbs on one of the best NFL teams. Good for him and I wish him well.

Dude.. no way Jauron is making anywhere close to 3 mill to be DB coach. lol

I don't want to bash jauron anymore, but I just can't help it. To all the posters here who said he was a good coach, respected around the league, just didn't have the talent to work with, etc. What does it say to you when he gets beat out for a d coordinator job by the guy who served under him for three years, then doesn't get any looks anywhere else? I mean, you look at a guy like mike nolan who failed as a head coach similar to the way DJ did, and he gets picked up as D coordinator right away twice. I'm sure people around the league like DJ as a person, but they definitely don't respect him as a coach.

Most colleges want their HC to stay and build their program. The Ivy League is no exception to that. Trust me.

Dick probably put out feelers right after he got canned and the prospect of coaching in the Ivy League was probably attractive. I has a certain panache. I think Princeton chose their alum for two reasons. Number 1 - he's an alum, and recruiting and alumni contributions are a big part of the campus corporate world. Number 2 - like it or not, Jauron would be more of a "flight risk" than Bob Surace in the view of many. Surace was center at Princeton when Ross Tucker was there - not that that means a hill of squat, but it's an interesting factoid.

I really think that is Jauron's speciality area and he will succeed there. Our secondary this past season was good and Jauron used to be a secondary player himself. This could certainly work out for him and the Eagles.

Most colleges want their HC to stay and build their program. The Ivy League is no exception to that. Trust me.

Dick probably put out feelers right after he got canned and the prospect of coaching in the Ivy League was probably attractive. I has a certain panache. I think Princeton chose their alum for two reasons. Number 1 - he's an alum, and recruiting and alumni contributions are a big part of the campus corporate world. Number 2 - like it or not, Jauron would be more of a "flight risk" than Bob Surace in the view of many. Surace was center at Princeton when Ross Tucker was there - not that that means a hill of squat, but it's an interesting factoid.

My post was about him not landing a DC job in the NFL, had nothing to do with the princeton thing

Jauron... a college coach? Yup... I can see his recruitment ploy right now.

"We really like the way you defend and we really think you can be a really great player for a really great university. We would really appreciate it you would visit, we think you will really like it. And, then would really like you to sign this letter of intent"

Damn... I can't even see how a sub DIII athlete defensive back, that has no chance of playing college ball at any level, could get excited about playing after meeting with Jauron.

fixed

DJ: I really think you have the speed to be a great corner. You have great hands and your agility is unquestionable. As far as tackling goes, we can work on that throughout the season.

Recruit: You do know I'm a WR right??

DJ: What's your point?

Hey, it's Dick's new defensive scheme, the 3-0-8.

Ya got yer shallow weak safety, yer deep weak safety, and yadda yadda yadda.