dick turned down by Princeton

bkc

Eagles hired former Bills head coach Dick Jauron to coach the team's defensive backs.

Jauron replaces Brian Stewart, who left to take over as defensive coordinator at the University of Houston. Per Peter King, Jauron tried to land the Princeton head coaching job only to be turned down. He'll be asked to fix the team's subpar safety play in 2010.

good enough to be our head coach not good enough to be the 250 best college coach

What is with the hate here?

He got a job that will pay him much more money and your headline and emphasis is the one he didn't get. Sometimes people don't get along in interviews or seem to be an exact fit for a specific job. This isn't anything more than that.

He did his best here. It wasn't good enough. That probably had an awful lot to do with the fact that the personnel here was below-par as well as Jauron's own problems. And it's over.

DJ: I really think you have the speed to be a great corner. You have great hands and your agility is unquestionable. As far as tackling goes, we can work on that throughout the season.

Recruit: You do know I'm a WR right??

DJ: What's your point?

worthy of me laughing aloud to myself in japan....

When you have been around TBD as long as me, you are bound to make bad predictions.

For instance, I thought that Rob Johnson would be a very good quarterback. I even thought Pat Williams was all but finished when he left Buffalo. Yeah, I said these things. :thumbsup: Still, once in a while a guy is also going to click.

Many times I posted that Jauron was ill fit to be anything but a defensive backs assistant. The problem he will have in Philly is that Reid is too smart to devote almost all of his rescouces to the secondary because he is a true football man, not an idiot, or a senile fool. So, Jauron will have to build a secondary with lesser picks, one that probably won't be playing 80 yards off the receivers.

That said, I'm not all that sure how well be will fare at his new job, and I also think that Fewell is going to lay an egg with the Giants. Cold Weather is not the place for their idiotic defensive strategies.

Nice men, but good riddance to both.