Sabres fans...

I'm a lifelong fan of the Sabres, but not living in WNY and not having Versus, I haven't had a chance to watch this Sabres team. Opinions on this team? Are they worth the investment in time and money or are they terminally incomplete? I do see they lost to a premier team last night, is that indicative of their performance this year? Basically, I'm debating whether or not to purchase the Center Ice package for the playoffs. Do you think they'll make a decent run at the cup this year or one-and-done?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a lifelong fan of the Sabres, but not living in WNY and not having Versus, I haven't had a chance to watch this Sabres team. Opinions on this team? Are they worth the investment in time and money or are they terminally incomplete? I do see they lost to a premier team last night, is that indicative of their performance this year? Basically, I'm debating whether or not to purchase the Center Ice package for the playoffs. Do you think they'll make a decent run at the cup this year or one-and-done?

Although I'm Sharks I do follow the Sabres and I am a fan. I've watched probably 10 Sabre games this season. Imho, they are maybe a player or two away. I think they are very close to being a top contender. They are built nicely from the goalie out. Nice D. Need a bit of scoring up front. Hell, Myers and Miller alone would be worth the price of Center Ice. For me anyway.

Basically, I'm debating whether or not to purchase the Center Ice package for the playoffs.

Do you have DirecTV? If so, call them up, ask for customer retention (important step!), and tell them that you're really upset that they don't carry Versus. If they don't offer it up, ask them if you can get the rest of the NHL season for free on Center Ice to make up for not having Versus. One of my coworkers called and complained a month or two ago, and they up and offered it to him without him even having to ask.

Do you have DirecTV? If so, call them up, ask for customer retention (important step!), and tell them that you're really upset that they don't carry Versus. If they don't offer it up, ask them if you can get the rest of the NHL season for free on Center Ice to make up for not having Versus. One of my coworkers called and complained a month or two ago, and they up and offered it to him without him even having to ask.

Ditto, I called in Novemeber, complained about not carrying VS and have been enjoying Center Ice at no cost since.

They have a few quality wins on the schedule so far...Pittsburgh, Washington, a couple against NJ, Chicago, Detroit to name a few...mostly though, they've been feeding on the detritus of the Eastern Conference (and there's A LOT of detritus this year in that conference).

I think they're a few pieces away from a Stanley Cup bid, but who knows what could happen if they get hot during the playoffs? A lot will depend on if they're able to hold off Ottawa from stealing first place in the Northeast Division.

Um, that's pretty much the most brilliant thing I've ever heard!!!! I'm going to try it.

I'm a Pens fan and see 90% of their games on Fox Sports Pittsburgh; but just about every other one of their playoff games is on versus.

If the Connolly line continues to click and the Roy-Vanek combo wakes up (Vanek is showing signs recently), they will be in a nice spot. They'll add something near the deadline, but who knows what that will be.

I do! And that is just brilliant! As soon as I'm done working, they're getting a call from me since they've been pissing me off as of late.

ive caught a good number of games this season and the team is worth watching.

i agree with other posters who say they are one or two guys away from being a true Cup Contender. or at least a couple years away if their young stars can mature and come into their own.

however, as they are right now, they are DEFINITELY at least a playoff team and a potentially strong one at that.

Miller is playing out of his skull, but we need some production from our goal scorers.

most likely, no matter who makes it to the Cup from the East this year will probably get destroyed. it's definitely a Western Conference year.

the loss last night was kinda strange, and if not for 10 minutes of bad hockey, they would have won. Even with that bad hockey, they still only lost 5-4.

Go Sabes!

also, a note regarding getting games on tv, Center Ice Package, etc...

my friends signed up this year for NHL GameCenter Live and ill go on record as saying this is friggin awesome!

especially if you have a computer that you can connect to your tv.

what you get is access to almost every game. you can even watch MULTIPLE games at once, in a sort of Brady Bunch split screen. and keep your sound on whichever game you want.

you can click around to different games if you see a score/game that is particularly interesting.

the picture is HD where available (based on the cameras in the arena).

all in all, if anyone is ever wondering if this is worth the purchase, i strongly recommend it.

I do! And that is just brilliant! As soon as I'm done working, they're getting a call from me since they've been pissing me off as of late.

Did anyone try calling? The girl I spoke to said she could basically give me 50% off (i.e., would pay $60). I want it for free though. Not sure what my next step should be.

Did anyone try calling? The girl I spoke to said she could basically give me 50% off (i.e., would pay $60). I want it for free though. Not sure what my next step should be.

Did you talk to Customer Retention?