So, "the pill is gone..."

Griz

I feel sorry for him.

IMHO he was a casualty of FO mismanagement. While I agree he had no place in the future of the Bills and therefore had to go, he was thrust in a no win situation by being placed in a position he wasn't remotly qualified (or prepared) for and handed a rag-tag at best group of players.

I think he deserves to be a coach somewhere ... and I think he'd be a good one. I wish him luck

First time since I can't remember that he's not been part of the organization. Feels weird, but it's a sure sign things are changing, and I suppose that's good.

Is it possibile that you can enlighten us, as to who "the pill" might be?

I feel sorry for him.

IMHO he was a casualty of FO mismanagement. While I agree he had no place in the future of the Bills and therefore had to go, he was thrust in a no win situation by being placed in a position he wasn't remotly qualified (or prepared) for and handed a rag-tag at best group of players.

I think he deserves to be a coach somewhere ... and I think he'd be a good one. I wish him luck

I don't feel sorry for him at all, he sucked. You guys want to cuddle up to him and make excuses because he was the clipboard holder here for so many years. He sucked as an OC in NFLE and sucked as a QB coach here.

I don't feel sorry for him at all, he sucked. You guys want to cuddle up to him and make excuses because he was the clipboard holder here for so many years. He sucked as an OC in NFLE and sucked as a QB coach here.

Agreed. Too often we want to stay with the familiar and it may be what's killing us.

PS -Don't forget that he sucked as a QB too. Great guy though. Met him in Myrtle. Good people. Have no idea what he did to earn the job in Tampa, but good luck.

It was AVP's 1st shot at OC and under ridiculous circumstances (firing of OC beginning of year, injuries). Give the guy a break! Yes, he was in over his head, but I will not be at all surprised if he re-surfaces as an OC 4 or 5 years down the road after he gains some more experience. One day, he WILL be a good OC somewhere in the future, but that time just was not now. It's best for both the Bills and AVP that he move on at this point in time.

There is a reason he was snatched up again to work with a future franchise QB. The guys a good coach inside of 5 years he will be O-coor again somewhere

Alex is a Bill and A Good Guy many newbies here do not know or understand the History of the Bills, like in life they only care about NOW That is why we have tasteless jokes about Buster Ramsey Dying or Hitler or on and on lets show some class, not only your ignorance Things Like the support for Beerball show the best in this site, the others the things that are bad, Lets Grow up a Tad OK

I feel sorry for him.

Thanks.

There is a reason he was snatched up again to work with a future franchise QB. The guys a good coach inside of 5 years he will be O-coor again somewhere

yeah he was an awesome qb coach. our offenses where stagnant when he was incharge of off qulity control, whatever that is? We also watched our last two qb's REGRESS under his tutalage. Our offense was abismal this year, the worst I have ever seen it.

What about that coaching resume screams success to you.

Alex is a Bill and A Good Guy many newbies here do not know or understand the History of the Bills, like in life they only care about NOW That is why we have tasteless jokes about Buster Ramsey Dying or Hitler or on and on lets show some class, not only your ignorance Things Like the support for Beerball show the best in this site, the others the things that are bad, Lets Grow up a Tad OK

Okay, maybe it's a little harsh, but just what did the Pill accomplish as a Bill or for the Bills other than a meaningless TD pass in SB 26? He's done little more than occupy a void. That's my oberservation and opinion. Good coaches find a way to get stuff done and we just didn't see that with the Pill. Again....great guy though...

Count me as one who doesn't think he did a very good job in 2009. I know he didn't have much to work with and he was thrown in with Turk's O. But, he was OC for the entire season. He could have changed things up if he wanted but really didn't. Why it was painfully obvious to anyone watching that our QBs sucked and our RBs were good, did we continue to pass 2/3 of the time? In some games Fred only got 10 carries or so. Does not smack of offensive genius to me. As others have pointed out, the QBs under his tutelage didn't seem to turn out very good. Again maybe his fault but maybe not. But still, that's what he was paid to do. I wish him the best, but I really won't miss him.