Andre Reed needs to be inducted this year.

basskik11

I don't remember many defensive coordinators game planning to stop Cris Carter!! D.C's always game planned for Andre Reed. How can you justify Jim Kelly as a H.O.F.er and not the wide receiver that helped him attain many of his numbers. Just ask Buddy Ryan what he thought about Cris Carter.

What did he think of Carter?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

And politics should not get in the way with atleast 2 other quality WR's being eligible (Rice and Carter).

So it's crowded with WR's. So what?

All 3 should go, and Reed should be right there with them.

Agreed.

And politics should not get in the way with atleast 2 other quality WR's being eligible (Rice and Carter).

So it's crowded with WR's. So what?

All 3 should go, and Reed should be right there with them.

reed never had anyone near moss' caliber to draw attention away. you got moss on your team, at best your #2, period. in most cases reed was #1.

I'd say that there are not very many WRs in the league of Rice and Carter.

Rice, slam dunk, but Carter? Reed had great hands as well, and could run circles around Chris Carter. Now this isn't to

take anything away from Carter, but Reed could and did many times take a 10 yard slant to the house or for huge gains. Reed is one of the all-time great run after the catch guys, in the same league as Rice and actually was stronger that Rice.

Now that he's gone, and after 10 years (or thereabouts) of watching others try to fill his shoes, his accomplishments stand out greater than ever. In his prime, it got so we took him for granted, and since, he's been sorely missed.

I still recall watching him haul in a deep pass in the preseason of his rookie year, and thought, "damn, he's going be a good one." The last time I thought the same thing was in Thurman's rookie preseason.....

Both stood out, immediately.

Coming from you that's a compliment. How did you get away from your nazi board?

Bee Oh Oh, HHHHH Oh Oh. I'd tell you you're missed but everyone sees your retarded posts over here and remembers why you're gone.

Do us all a favor and try another humorous thread like the Buster Ramsey one. That was pure gold. <_<

I agree when you saw all the crossing patterns he ran over the middle, right into the teeth of the defense, no other WR did it as consistently. Redskin fans whined about Art Monk, but all he did was run short fade patterns to the sidelines, away from the defense. And Reed was often the #1 WR for the Bills, attracting the most attention from the defense. Whereas Monk as low as #3 for the Skins "Posse."

The problem is Reed too often disappeared in those 4 Big games....The Voters who are from that generation will always go against him and hold those 4 games against him.

Aint going to happen. Rice and Carter will go in and face it Reed just isn't in their league.

I don't think Carter is in the same league as Rice.,,,Heck..I don't think he is in the same league as Reed...

However, Carter has remained in the limelight for the last 5 years doing TV...That helps a lot.

Was watching Mike and Mike at the gym this morning and they had a number of hall of famers talking. The consensus of M&M and Munoz and later (non hall of famer...but a voter!) John Clayton was that Rice was a shoo in and that Chris Carter was the front runner of the other receivers. The way I see it Rice is without a doubt a hall of famer. Chris is a border line hall of famer, and I don't see Tim Brown or Andre Reed getting in. Shannon Sharpe is a weird pick and I don't see him getting in, but he has a unique background as a TE/WR.

The Buffalo Bill who I think should be next to go into the hall of fame is Steve Tasker, but I'd be surprised (and delighted) if that happened.

I think LeBeau is pretty much a lock. His playing career was decent, but I do not think it is enough to make it into the Hall. Of course, it always helps your numbers when Night Train Lane is on the other side and Yale Lary is the safety. The reason he is a lock is because there is mounting criticism for the lack of assistant coaches in the Hall. Even though the rule state that the selection committee is only allowed to look at LeBeau's playing career, some have already stated that they will ignore the rules and factor his career as a coach in their decision. Little does not belong. He is pretty much the Marshall Goldberg of this year.

Allowing me to play devil's advocate for a sec, it's true that having some Hall of Fame talent 'round you can only help. Imagine if you were a QB and could have weapons @ your disposal like Marion Motley and Dante Lavelli...

Rice, slam dunk, but Carter? Reed had great hands as well, and could run circles around Chris Carter. Now this isn't to

take anything away from Carter, but Reed could and did many times take a 10 yard slant to the house or for huge gains. Reed is one of the all-time great run after the catch guys, in the same league as Rice and actually was stronger that Rice.

Now that he's gone, and after 10 years (or thereabouts) of watching others try to fill his shoes, his accomplishments stand out greater than ever. In his prime, it got so we took him for granted, and since, he's been sorely missed.

I still recall watching him haul in a deep pass in the preseason of his rookie year, and thought, "damn, he's going be a good one." The last time I thought the same thing was in Thurman's rookie preseason.....

Both stood out, immediately.

You mean good ole' #46?