Westboro Baptist Chruch get out-protested!

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no IMO needed. They are genuinely insane and filled with rage. It's hard to even figure out what the WBC is on about. We, as a culture, don't hate enough? Is that really a problem?

They know exactly what they're doing. They want attention and they continue to get it. You constantly see people mentioning this stuff, or radio shows inviting them on just so the host can make fun of them. This is exactly what they want. In the long run, I'm sure brings money to their church. Even out of the thousands who insult them, if just one listens, the WBC gets what they want. Someday people will learn to just ignore this "church" instead. That is the only way they will ever go away.

They know exactly what they're doing. They want attention and they continue to get it. You constantly see people mentioning this stuff, or radio shows inviting them on just so the host can make fun of them. This is exactly what they want. In the long run, I'm sure brings money to their church. Even out of the thousands who insult them, if just one listens, the WBC gets what they want. Someday people will learn to just ignore this "church" instead. That is the only way they will ever go away.

No, unfortunately I don't think we will.

Yeah, I probably should have worded that as "I HOPE THAT someday people will learn to ignore this 'church'."

since ignoring them probably wont happen, i think the next best thing is if this trend catches on and people make each of their protests a big party.

how great would it be if, from here on out, every time the WBC showed up a "free love"-type party broke out around them?!?

the article points out that they quickly lost their momentum once the other people started getting more attention. i think the best way to deal with the WBC is for people to show up, make a joke out of their hate, and have a good time.

the article points out that they quickly lost their momentum once the other people started getting more attention. i think the best way to deal with the WBC is for people to show up, make a joke out of their hate, and have a good time.

That's the key.

Nothing kills the mojo of an attention whore like the whoosh of the spotlight being swung to a new target.

Great article...thanks for posting. :wallbash:

no, it means they value the people's right to murder their unborn children, if they unfortunately deem it necessary. that does not mean they advocate the putting babies into pits to fight to the death.

not even a valid comparison for an argument

Fixed that for you.

These clowns rolled into the Cincy area a year and a half ago, to try to spew at a fallen soldier's funeral. A local motorcycle club (not Pagans or H*ll's Angels - old guys riding these cruiser bikes) confronted them and chased them off.

We are a religious bunch here - these jerks are far from it.

These clowns rolled into the Cincy area a year and a half ago, to try to spew at a fallen soldier's funeral. A local motorcycle club (not Pagans or H*ll's Angels - old guys riding these cruiser bikes) confronted them and chased them off.

There's supposed to be a biker group nationwide that chases them off like that. What really surprises me is that no one has taken Phelps out yet. Would anyone other than his lunatic family even care?

no, it means they value the people's right to choose a medical procedure, if they unfortunately deem it necessary. that does not mean they advocate the putting babies into pits to fight to the death.

not even a valid comparison for an argument

:wallbash:

Consider yourself on retainer :wallbash:

Hopefully, you'll never need my services but I am there for ya! :wallbash:

since ignoring them probably wont happen, i think the next best thing is if this trend catches on and people make each of their protests a big party.

how great would it be if, from here on out, every time the WBC showed up a "free love"-type party broke out around them?!?

:P

I have seen these people in NY, Phiily, and now San Francisco. Tell me, how can they afford these trips and sustain their existance? The obvious would be to think donations from other loonies, but the detective side of me thinks that there is more to it than meets the eye.

IIRC, they are, legally, bilking the welfare system.

From your link, there was this link in your link, so I linked it.

http://thechive.com/2010/02/01/25-sexy-motivational-posters/ :P:wallbash:

Am I supposed to get motivated between my legs?

Big fan of vacuuming babies out of their mothers' wombs and shredding 'em, are you?

You're an idiot. Comparing late term abortion to a couple of cells just shows how little of a grip you have on the issue. Just because somebody supports the right of a woman to remove a couple of cells doesn't mean they support all abortion procedures. Keep your strawman out in the field. Jackass!!

dude, take your ridiculous crusade out of this lighthearted thread.

Amen. (Sorry I just couldn't let his stupidity slide on the above post.)

What he said!

You're an idiot. Comparing late term abortion to a couple of cells just shows how little of a grip you have on the issue. Just because somebody supports the right of a woman to remove a couple of cells doesn't mean they support all abortion procedures. Keep your strawman out in the field. Jackass!!

It's always such a good time hearing you spout, yes it is. Feel the open-minded-progressive love. All you people are hypocrites. You preach open-mindedness...unless someone disagrees with you. Try being intellectually honest for a change.

Oh, and Dankenstein, have a great day.

I have seen these people in NY, Phiily, and now San Francisco. Tell me, how can they afford these trips and sustain their existance? The obvious would be to think donations from other loonies, but the detective side of me thinks that there is more to it than meets the eye.

Dont have time to look for a link but the founders are all lawyers. They sue people who attack them ect. to get money to preach their "message'

There's supposed to be a biker group nationwide that chases them off like that. What really surprises me is that no one has taken Phelps out yet. Would anyone other than his lunatic family even care?

Patriot Guard Riders. The WBC loons decided to show up at a local soldier's funeral. The Guard did NOT do what you'd call a "counter-protest"; they merely showed up in enough force that when they lined up side-by-side and held up American flags, they shielded the mourners from any sight of the WBC's incendiary signs.

Off-topic: the Westboro nutters' protests have nothing to do with abortion.