Eric Wood walking again

IF he ever lines up. With an injury like that there is a good chance he won't be back and even if he does, he may never be the same.

I'm calling you out on this. It's completely false. He just broke his leg. In the wide spectrum of sports injuries, its really not that severe. Sorry to ruin your hate-parade.

Seriously. Why are people thinking broken bones don't heal? it is not like he blew his knee or something.

I don't think anyone said that his broken bones won't heal. I'm no doctor, but I would think there's a pretty big diffenence between simply breaking your leg and having both bones in your lower leg snapped completely in half. Nobody knows at this point where Wood will be 8 months from now (probably his doctors included). There's a lot of variables in a serious injury like that. I think the good thing to take out of this is that it doesn't seem to sound like a career threatening thing whether he is back next season or not.

I don't think anyone said that his broken bones won't heal. I'm no doctor, but I would think there's a pretty big diffenence between simply breaking your leg and having both bones in your lower leg snapped completely in half. Nobody knows at this point where Wood will be 8 months from now (probably his doctors included). There's a lot of variables in a serious injury like that. I think the good thing to take out of this is that it doesn't seem to sound like a career threatening thing whether he is back next season or not.

There really isn't. The severity only matters if its a nonsurgical situation. He's a man, they can perform surgery, as in, realign his bones back into place. They'll heal. He'll be back to 100%. It's that simple. Nothing other than the bones were broken. If you guys remain so clueless on the rehab procedure of broken legs you're all going to be in for a pleasant surprise next season.

There really isn't. The severity only matters if its a nonsurgical situation. He's a man, they can perform surgery, as in, realign his bones back into place. They'll heal. He'll be back to 100%. It's that simple. Nothing other than the bones were broken. If you guys remain so clueless on the rehab procedure of broken legs you're all going to be in for a pleasant surprise next season.

I hope he makes it back 100%, and there's a good chance he will. However, compound fractures are somewhat more complex, especially if there is any vascular damage from the break. There is also the possibility of muscle atrophy, which makes one leg shorter than the other. Based on the info so far, it looks like Eric will avoid those problems. He's also getting top notch care. Mostly, he's just a tough determined kid with the right mindset, so I'm thinking he'll be fine.

Isn't this basically the same injury that Tim Krumrie had? If memory serves, he was never close to the same as before when he finally returned.

I would hope the medical field has improved in the 20+ years since that injury.

My thoughts exactly, The Rotoworld blurb seems to ignore the fact that this is ERIC "ONE TOUGH HOMBRE" WOOD!! HE'LL BE BACK!! :blink:

Dude, seriously. Just accept the fact that medicine might possibly be more complex than you seem to imagine it being. Or don't, it really doesn't matter to me.

There's a very good chance he'll be back just fine, but enough of a concern that he might not, for various reasons.

This is great news. The biggest piece of bad news all of last season was Eric Wood's injury. I really wanted the core of Levitre-Hangartner-Wood finish out the season and have something to build off of next season. Sure they still played 10 full games with each other and part of the 11th but something about having that core for 16 games might have been real progress as far as building an O-line.

I feel like if we can get Wood back at the level he was pre-injury and Butler that would round out the right side of our O-line and we can then focus on drafting a LT to protect the blindside. And even if Wood can't come back its good that he can walk just for his quality of life (Although I doubt there was any serious possibility that his mobility was in jeopardy)

IF he ever lines up. With an injury like that there is a good chance he won't be back and even if he does, he may never be the same.

They said the same thing about jack kemp in like 1962 or so when he broke his hand w the chargers. Total BS. This guy will be back better than ever. Today's treatment is so better than years ago with data we have. Wood will be there opening day, write it down.

:w00t:

From TSN: Bills G/C Eric Wood, a ’09 firstround pick, said his recovery from a gruesome leg fracture November 22 is not going well and that hecould miss the 2010 season. He only recently was able to ditch his wheelchair and start walking. “I’m walking finally, which was a long time coming,” he said via the team’s website. “I walk around in a boot all day when I’m up. I try to stay off of it as much as possible. I’m rehabbing it seems like all the time. It’s almost like you’re a little kid teaching yourself how to walk and get all the strength back.” Wood said there is no timetable yet on when he’ll be able to begin working out and resuming football related activities. He said he has no interest in a second surgery to have the rod in his leg or the screws removed.

Doesn't sound good at all. Looks like Levitre and Incognito as the starting guards to begin the '10 season.

From TSN: Bills G/C Eric Wood, a '09 firstround pick, said his recovery from a gruesome leg fracture November 22 is not going well and that hecould miss the 2010 season. He only recently was able to ditch his wheelchair and start walking. "I'm walking finally, which was a long time coming," he said via the team's website. "I walk around in a boot all day when I'm up. I try to stay off of it as much as possible. I'm rehabbing it seems like all the time. It's almost like you're a little kid teaching yourself how to walk and get all the strength back." Wood said there is no timetable yet on when he'll be able to begin working out and resuming football related activities. He said he has no interest in a second surgery to have the rod in his leg or the screws removed.

Doesn't sound good at all. Looks like Levitre and Incognito as the starting guards to begin the '10 season.

If you read the Buffalo Snooze article (which this TSN article does a piss-poor job of referencing), you'd have noticed that NOWHERE in it did Wood say his recovery "is not going well." From where they got that idiocy, I'll never know. He said he's targeting training camp, would like to be back for OTA's but realizes it probably won't happen, and is aware that he could possibly miss the 2010 season if he rushed himself back, like his former teammate Michael Bush did.

But hey, I thought TSN was also dead, like PFW. Guess I was right. :w00t: