per rotoworld (via ESPN)

BeastMode54

This is insanity. How is Vick better? Based on what measure? His level of hype? Maybe. The guy missed two NFL seasons in jail and did jack squat as a backup in Philly but he's "better than anything we have!" :blink: Vick was never a great QB, and spending time in jail did nothing to hone his skills. Forget about the dogfighting. Vick will be a colossal flop in Buffalo because he simply isn't any good. But don't let that stop attention-starved Bills fans hoping for 15 minutes of fame on SportsCenter.

PTR

This is the truth.

Maybe he would be a minor upgrade from what we have, but there are many minor upgrades out there... without the distractions and BS. I dont want this guy here influencing any players.

signing vick IMO would be a completely wrong direction for the team at the QB position.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On January 9, 2010, in the Eagles' NFC Wildcard game against the Dallas Cowboys, Vick threw the longest touchdown pass of his career, connecting in the second quarter with rookie Jeremy Maclin for a 76-yard score. On January 11, Reid named McNabb the Eagles' 2010 starter. Vick said, "I know I can still play at a high level." When asked if he wants the Eagles to pick up the second year of his contract, he replied, "I hope so...I feel like I'm probably better than I ever was in my career, as far as the mental aspect of the game."

I see that vandals (Eagle fan) have been busy on his Wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick

This is insanity. How is Vick better? Based on what measure? His level of hype? Maybe. The guy missed two NFL seasons in jail and did jack squat as a backup in Philly but he's "better than anything we have!" :wallbash: Vick was never a great QB, and spending time in jail did nothing to hone his skills. Forget about the dogfighting. Vick will be a colossal flop in Buffalo because he simply isn't any good. But don't let that stop attention-starved Bills fans hoping for 15 minutes of fame on SportsCenter.

PTR

More good sense from my favorite morning show cyborg! :blink:

As always...what do the numbers say? If Vick isn't better than what we have now show us the numbers? I don't know myself ....but I would bet some money that it is not even close between Vick and our current guys. Look at TDs which of course include his rushing tds. I would also be really interested in seeing what his team 3rd down conversion rate is compared to our current guys. What was his record as a starting QB?

I would imagine that in most every statistical category Vick is better. Again, I haven't looked it up, but I would put a significant amount of coin on the numbers supporting Vick.

The numbers are not really valid anymore, since its been almost 4 years since he has played significantly. He was never much more than 50 percent completion rate, but played on a team that had best overall run game and a pretty good defense.

His rushing ability helped them considerably with those rankings, but doubt he will last a season, or be as good as he was, as he is hitting 30 which is typically the age when athletic ability starts to drop off for running backs, or people who rely on athletic ability purely. Hes never been one to put allot of time into the film room, and learning the offenses, so unless that has changed, if his athletic ability or speed dips much at all, he will be a liability as a QB.

I hope the Bills stay far away from his lying behind as possible.

Big arm, small brain. He's never been a QB in his life and I doubt he's going to start now.

Exactly. and BTW the 4 QB's that played in the championships weren't very mobile. Seems standing in the pocket, reading a defense and delivering the damn football is still the most important thing top QB's do.

I would rather not have some gimick that is nothing but an overhyped RB put in a QB's number.

Vick has better arm strength than losman. He also better wheels and better awareness when running. Losman has a lot

better accuracy. Neither is able to read a defense.

Basically Vick is a perfect fit for Miami and their wildcat. Unless we are implementing and making him a gadget QB he won't fit here. He is a terrible starting QB.

If this is true then I would pull the remainder of my hair out if we signed him. All I can see is JP bouncing one off the turf on a throw to the flat. :blink:

The numbers are not really valid anymore, since its been almost 4 years since he has played significantly. He was never much more than 50 percent completion rate, but played on a team that had best overall run game and a pretty good defense.

His rushing ability helped them considerably with those rankings, but doubt he will last a season, or be as good as he was, as he is hitting 30 which is typically the age when athletic ability starts to drop off for running backs, or people who rely on athletic ability purely. Hes never been one to put allot of time into the film room, and learning the offenses, so unless that has changed, if his athletic ability or speed dips much at all, he will be a liability as a QB.

I hope the Bills stay far away from his lying behind as possible.

DUDE!...You're killin' me. "The numbers are not really valid anymore" ??? You then follow that up with probably the only numbers that don't suggest Vick is a better QB. His age 29 and his completion percentage 53.7%. No he is not a traditional pocket passer. BUT, he is very effective and he led his teams to wins and play off appearances.

I think you're letting your personal feelings about the man cloud your judgment of the player.

I am not advocating for or against having Vick on the team.......

I would like to ask this and I have mixed feelings about it.....

- Michael Vick did a terrible terrible thing...........

- Michael Vick went to prison.....lost everything he had basically because of what he did and rightfully so

- His debt to society is repaid

- Does anyone here believe that a person has a right to redeem themselves after a situation like this? Or are they just forever scumbags who should have gotten the death penalty or stayed in prison so they should be rid of them.

My wifes father was a hardcore gang member in his younger days and he did unspeakable things that sent him to prison. When he got out he reformed himself and became one of the most respected church pasturs for years before he eventually retired. There is not a man on this earth I would not trust more with my family or my life then this person.

Should Vick be given another chance on life? What has his attitude been like since he has gotten out of prison?

a chance on life is one thing...a chance to make millions of dollars playing a game is another. Having a convicted felon in the NFL makes the league look bad...and when you consider he always tries to make it sound like he was the victim, it's even worse

This so called proud franchise is ridiculed as being the Raiders of the East. Out of the five decades of existence the Bills have been losers in four of them. In the one decade that this team flourished the owner fired the person responsible for its success. Let's get serious here.

My feelings about Vick playing here are not established yet. But what I can say is that he is better than any of the other qbs we currently have. Vick has paid the penalty for his ugly crimes. If anyone thinks that the Bills are composed of a cast of angels they are being naive. I certainly wouldn't give up much to get him in a trade but I wouldn't automatically dismiss getting him. When you are a bottom feeding team all options for improvement should at least be considered.

And I'm sure they will. I have to assume that Ol' Buddy has a plan and he won't pass up blatant opportunities to make the team better. He did work under some of the best football minds in San Diego. I don't think that Mike Vick is what they are looking for, but if he ends up being the best option, I can see a scenario where they bring him in. This is supposedly, one of Chans strong points, working with the pieces he has and crafting an offense that moves the ball AND scores points. DickJ just creamed in his pants. :blink:

a chance on life is one thing...a chance to make millions of dollars playing a game is another. Having a convicted felon in the NFL makes the league look bad...and when you consider he always tries to make it sound like he was the victim, it's even worse

Get over it!

If the guy worked at burger king nobody would have a problem with it. That guy goes back to work, you could care less and you get on with your life. Because the guy makes millions in the national football league you judge him by a different set of standards and want to continue to punish him.

Why don't you go find some loser sob that was convicted of dog fighting that maybe works at the local super market and picket his place of employment for hiring him. Go burn all your Ozzy Osbourne CDs because the guy killed 17 cats and bit the heads off of live animals. If you are that complete in your convictions I applaud you. But as usual most of us are somewhat hypocritical in our beliefs.

The guy did his time and literally lost EVERYTHING in the process. Let the guy go back to freakin' work at his chosen profession and people should keep their jealously of how much money he makes doing it to themselves.

Oh, how short-term our memories are...we so quickly forget that Mike Vick led the Falcons to the playoffs, single-handedly.

I don't care what a guy has done in his past, I want some gamers, some ballers...on this team. Mike Vick is just that. I doubt he will be brought in as our future QB, but as a stop-gap until we develop somebody. If Miami could get 11 wins out of the Wildcat with their offense, add Vick (re-sign T.O?) to Jackson, Lynch, Evans and Parrish...that is a entertaining offense. It is also an offense people will certainly have to game-plan for, to account for all of those guys. Add in Tebow or LeFevour in the 2nd or 3rd...there are a lot of parts to work with...and that is Gailey's specialty.

Sign Vick.

Resign T.O. or sign Chambers.

Get an 2 OT's out of Butler, Bell, Meredith, Watkins...move Wood to C, so interior line is (Levitre-Wood-Incognito).

LB McClain or the G-Tech DE/OLB in the 1st.

QB Tebow in the 2nd.

DT Cody in the 3rd.

RB/WR McCluster in the 4th.

:blink:

Get over it!

If the guy worked at burger king nobody would have a problem with it. That guy goes back to work, you could care less and you get on with your life. Because the guy makes millions in the national football league you judge him by a different set of standards and want to continue to punish him.

Why don't you go find some loser sob that was convicted of dog fighting that maybe works at the local super market and picket his place of employment for hiring him. Go burn all your Ozzy Osbourne CDs because the guy killed 17 cats and bit the heads off of live animals. If you are that complete in your convictions I applaud you. But as usual most of us are somewhat hypocritical in our beliefs.

The guy did his time and literally lost EVERYTHING in the process. Let the guy go back to freakin' work at his chosen profession and people should keep their jealously of how much money he makes doing it to themselves.

I've never had an Ozzy Osbourne CD in my life :blink: You Vick lovers make no sense whatsoever..but then again, people who support habitual criminals rarely do

Get over it!

You are full of ****. Please supply a link or keep your bull **** to yourself

If Gailey can make Kordell a decent quarterback he's got a shot at getting production out of Vick. For a late round pick why not take a look see?

If it does happen the Bills ticket offices will again be high fiving eachother for another easy year of selling tickets with a mediocre team. :blink:

http://www.wgr550.com/Report--Gailey-to-co...er-Vick/6255443

If Gailey can make Kordell a decent quarterback he's got a shot at getting production out of Vick. For a late round pick why not take a look see?

If it does happen the Bills ticket offices will again be high fiving eachother for another easy year of selling tickets with a mediocre team. :blink:

http://www.wgr550.com/Report--Gailey-to-co...er-Vick/6255443

Chan was given the credit for Slash, not making Kordell a decent quarterback, that honor was given to Mularky

I dont want any part of Vick and I dont think the ticket sales would increase with him either

if the Bills really want him, they could just sit and wait ...Philly has till March or end of Feb or something like that to decide to either keep Vick or release him before they have to pay him an extra $5mil( I believe its $5mil anyways)...of course if this does happen, they'd have to compete with other teams for him just like as if he was a FA...Philly could decide to keep Vick if they keep hearing teams are interested in him in hopes that they can get draft pick for him.

Chan was given the credit for Slash, not making Kordell a decent quarterback, that honor was given to Mularky

I dont want any part of Vick and I dont think the ticket sales would increase with him either

You bring a another circus show in like vick why wouldn't they increase? With him as the starting quarterback the media will be all over it more so that they were with TO. Sure having him might give the Bills a bad image. But you know what they say.. no publicity is bad publicity. I say if anything the season ticket sales will stay the same from last year, even with all the turnover from this year.

of course ticket sales would increase ya dope! like the other poster said, it is a genious marketing move, will sucker fans into buying season tickets again (possibly me included) just like TO did last year...for those out there that think his dog killing actions will push fans away are crazy, look at philly, even they increased their ticket sales and actually GAINED sponsors...bring him onnnnnnnnn....that way we might actually win more than 5 games

I've never had an Ozzy Osbourne CD in my life :blink: You Vick lovers make no sense whatsoever..but then again, people who support habitual criminals rarely do

Guy... there is a middle ground Mr Extremist. Extremists rarely are able to make "sense" out of logic.

Mike Vick to my knowledge has only been convicted of dog fighting crimes. I'm not sure how that makes him a habitual criminal but then again you all or nothing extremists see no middle ground. Support is a strong word. Tolerate some bad person and legal choices the man made? Lost every penny he had along with his self respect and reputation? Did his time and paid his debt to society and actively is trying to make up for his mistakes?....Tolerate? yes....support....Not there yet.