Lets play who is safe and who is not!

billsfan_34

With the chatter coming from the FO and new head coach, one has to believe Many a Bill are a little nervous right now. How about we have some fun with this and pick 10 that are safe and 10 that are gone. I will start.

SAFE....Fred Jackson, Levitre, Wood, Nelson, Byrd, Stroud, Williams, Fitzpatrick, Evans, Stevie Johnson.

GONE...Edwards, Hamden, Ellison, Whitner, Lynch, Denney, Mccargo, Palmer, Youbuty, Corto.

I know everyone will have their own opinions on who stays and goes, just interested to see what everyone else thinks. Also, I took no consideration into where players were drafted for obvious reasons.

With the chatter coming from the FO and new head coach, one has to believe Many a Bill are a little nervous right now. How about we have some fun with this and pick 10 that are safe and 10 that are gone. I will start.

SAFE....Fred Jackson, Levitre, Wood, Nelson, Byrd, Stroud, Williams, Fitzpatrick, Evans, Stevie Johnson.

GONE...Edwards, Hamden, Ellison, Whitner, Lynch, Denney, Mccargo, Palmer, Youbuty, Corto.

I know everyone will have their own opinions on who stays and goes, just interested to see what everyone else thinks. Also, I took no consideration into where players were drafted for obvious reasons.

SAFE....Fred Jackson, Byrd, Levitre, Wood, Florence, Nelson, Williams, Evans, McGee, Incognito(FA priority)

GONE...Parrish, Reed, Schobel (retired), Youboty, Denney, Chambers, Fine or Schouman, the rest is mystery

QUESTION MARK??... All QBs, Whitner (big mouth but...), Lynch (very good runner and they want to run)

SAFE....Fred Jackson, Byrd, Levitre, Wood, Florence, Nelson, Williams, Evans, McGee, Incognito(FA priority)

GONE...Parrish, Reed, Schobel (retired), Youboty, Denney, Chambers, Fine or Schouman, the rest is mystery

QUESTION MARK??... All QBs, Whitner (big mouth but...), Lynch (very good runner and they want to run)

I totally understand your question marks. Fitzpatrick is a serviceable number 2..can manage a game but only for a few game stretch. Trent is always hurt and just doesnt have the moxy, I believe nix will see this and say good riddens, he just isnt tough enough. And Hamden, well he is awful..ever see him play in pre season? Brohm will be given a shot. And on to lynch, the kid is a nut case and always in trouble, doesnt see the hole and lacks vision. There was a game this year where we were getting crushed and lynch is on the sidelines laughing..im sorry I dont remember which game it was...but I dont think the new FO wants that kind of attitude on the team Thanks for your input!

I think Edwards, Denney, and possibly Youbuty stay

What makes Fitzpatrick safe and Edwards gone....The new regime is not committed to any of the incumbent QBs and may very well cut all of them...

I think Edwards, Denney, and possibly Youbuty stay

Denney no, but Youboty and Ellison are still RFAs and I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back, at least for camp, as inexpensive veteran depth. I think Whitner and Lynch come back also, just because they haven't lived up to their draft position does not make them worthless as players. At worse they provide depth.

I think Denney, Lynch Whitner, Edwards and Youboty will all still be around. Denney is really not bad and while Whitner

and Lynch haven't lived up to their draft status, they are still pretty good players. Edwards and Youboty are cheap so will be given a shot to make the team.

What makes Fitzpatrick safe and Edwards gone....The new regime is not committed to any of the incumbent QBs and may very well cut all of them...

Thats a great point..I think fitzpatrick has more pocket presence than edwards and he is better at playing in the elements. Those are the 2 intangables I see that is the big difference. And your right, they arent commited to any of them, but how can you get rid of all of them and find replacements? Time will tell I guess. The next few months are going to be interesting to say the least.

I think Denney, Lynch Whitner, Edwards and Youboty will all still be around. Denney is really not bad and while Whitner

and Lynch haven't lived up to their draft status, they are still pretty good players. Edwards and Youboty are cheap so will be given a shot to make the team.

I dont mean this in a nasty way...can you explain to me what makes whitner good? I just dont see it. I think he talks the talk...you know the rest.

Youboty is always hurt..and back to what nix said..its a tough mans game and you have to be tough. We have players that dont play thru injury.

Denney no, but Youboty and Ellison are still RFAs and I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back, at least for camp, as inexpensive veteran depth. I think Whitner and Lynch come back also, just because they haven't lived up to their draft position does not make them worthless as players. At worse they provide depth.

The thing is...if ..i mean when we go to a 3-4...ellison wont hold up, he is just too small. Whitner would provide depth, but what if this FO wants to make a statement?

4 categories safe, probably safe but not 100%, could go either way, and likely gone. I am assuming a conversion to a 3-4 isn't happening. Also this includes the chances of resigning a player.

safe- Byrd, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Maybin (Just drafted him 11th overall), McGee, McKelvin, Kyle Williams, Lee Evans, Freddie Jackson, Schobel (If he wants to come back he has a spot on the team), Moorman and Nelson.

probably safe but not 100%- George Wilson, Scott, Lynch (I think we would consider trading him for a 2nd but we just won't get an offer and are better off keeping him), Florence, Corner, Stroud, Lindel, Bell, Meridith and Butler.

could go either way- Kelsay (I would get rid of him but he has hung around so long), Incognito, Denny, Spencer Johnson, Steve Johnson, James Hardy, Josh Reed, Brohm, and Fitz. Anyone else not mentioned in any category

Likely gone- TO, McCargo, Ellison, Simmions, Seth Mckinnie, Kirk Chambers, and Trent Edwards.

Thats a great point..I think fitzpatrick has more pocket presence than edwards and he is better at playing in the elements. Those are the 2 intangables I see that is the big difference. And your right, they arent commited to any of them, but how can you get rid of all of them and find replacements? Time will tell I guess. The next few months are going to be interesting to say the least.

All facts be damned

Safe list also add Evans, Hangartner, Moorman, Lindell, Poz and Mitchel.

I am not so sure that Whitner or Lynch will be gone.