Lets play who is safe and who is not!

billsfan_34

With the chatter coming from the FO and new head coach, one has to believe Many a Bill are a little nervous right now. How about we have some fun with this and pick 10 that are safe and 10 that are gone. I will start.

SAFE....Fred Jackson, Levitre, Wood, Nelson, Byrd, Stroud, Williams, Fitzpatrick, Evans, Stevie Johnson.

GONE...Edwards, Hamden, Ellison, Whitner, Lynch, Denney, Mccargo, Palmer, Youbuty, Corto.

I know everyone will have their own opinions on who stays and goes, just interested to see what everyone else thinks. Also, I took no consideration into where players were drafted for obvious reasons.

Youbuty has been "safe" since day 1 - he never went in hard enough for a tackle to be anything other than safe

I would say definitley coming back:

Offence: Bell, Butler, Evans, Levitre, Nelson, Hangartner, Wood, Jackson

Defence (if 4-3): Schobel, Williams, Johnson, Pozluszny, Mitchell, Byrd, McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner, Wilson, Nic Harris, Lankster, Carry Harris, Maybin, Wendling

Maybe coming back:

Offence: Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm, Lynch, Hardy, Johnson, Schoumann, Fine, Stupar, Meredith, Incognito, McIntyre, Jenkins

Defence: Bryan Scott, Whitner, Stroud, Palmer, Corto

Not coming back:

Offence: Chambers, Parrish, Reed, Klopfenstein, Simmons, J.Scott, McKinney, Hamdan

Defence: Ellison, McCargo, Youboty, Kelsay, Ellis, Denney, Buggs, Draft

There's some guys that I put on here I would only bring back as special team guys, i.e. Wendling, Corto, Jenkins...there's some other guys I didn't bother putting on here that they signed very late in the year or off the practice roster...some of them may stay, who knows

probably safe but not 100%-Lynch (I think we would consider trading him for a 2nd but we just won't get an offer and are better off keeping him)

Huh? I think we would be lucky to get a 4th for him. I also dont think we are better off keeping him. He is not worth the carnival he brings. And I wonder with the knowledge that he will be a fulltime backup to Freddie how he will react.

Will he decide to get high? Contemplate shhoting someone? Get drunk and run people over? Or will he strive to be the best that he can be, accept the hand given to him and show up and be a good teamate?

My guess is you will still find him hanging around a gas station in Lackawanna.

Trade him or cut him. We will be better served without him.

Gone: Ralph Wilson. Not to be morbid but we're playing a game here so there's my thought.

also Denny, McCargo, everyone who played right tackle this year, Hamden, Fitz, Parish, Reed, Ellison

My guesses. Most often wrong but what the hell;

Offense;

Safe; Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm, Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Butler, Meridith, Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Johnson, Josh Reed (will be re-signed) Nelson, Hennessey, McIntyre and Hardy

Gone; Inognito (not disciplined enough), Parrish, Omon,

Defense;

Safe; Schobel (comes back if team runs a 4-3 or splits time with 3-4/4-3), Stroud, Williams, Mitchell, Poz, Wendling, Wilson, Byrd, Whitner, McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Lankster, Johnson and Florence.

Gone; Ellis (finally), McCargo, Corto,

Safe; Moorman and Lindell

JMO

I dont mean this in a nasty way...can you explain to me what makes whitner good? I just dont see it. I think he talks the talk...you know the rest.

Youboty is always hurt..and back to what nix said..its a tough mans game and you have to be tough. We have players that dont play thru injury.

The reason we have been bad for so long is exactly because guys like Donte Whitner are on the team. He SUCKS plain and simple. The guy is just not a good athlete. He is small, can't cover anyone, has no ball instincts, and gets injured every year because he gets beat up playing in the box because he is TOO SMALL. I may be harsh, but anyone who thinks he is even remotely above average has not watched his play over the past 4 years, and compared it to other safeties around the league. I see no reason whatsoever that he is back. He is in the last year of his contract. No way we give him an extension. He just has NO upside.

I agree about Youbouty.. He is ALWAYS hurt. We can replace him with Lankster and Corey Harris. It is time we upgrade all positions that do not have studs in them. And that definitely means Whitner is gone. He is worse than Byrd, Wilson and Scott. An upgrade at the strong safety position would be nice, with Scott and Wilson providing depth.

The reason we have been bad for so long is exactly because guys like Donte Whitner are on the team. He SUCKS plain and simple. The guy is just not a good athlete. He is small, can't cover anyone, has no ball instincts, and gets injured every year because he gets beat up playing in the box because he is TOO SMALL. I may be harsh, but anyone who thinks he is even remotely above average has not watched his play over the past 4 years, and compared it to other safeties around the league. I see no reason whatsoever that he is back. He is in the last year of his contract. No way we give him an extension. He just has NO upside.

I agree about Youbouty.. He is ALWAYS hurt. We can replace him with Lankster and Corey Harris. It is time we upgrade all positions that do not have studs in them. And that definitely means Whitner is gone. He is worse than Byrd, Wilson and Scott. An upgrade at the strong safety position would be nice, with Scott and Wilson providing depth.

Amen!