Is WR also a need in the draft???

By the looks of things, all signs are pointing to Owens not being here next year, making Lee Evans the number one again, although he was the number one last year (technically). Josh Reed is a free-agent, and I'm officially declaring Hardy a bust. Steve Johnson showed some upside two years ago, and never really got a shot this year with T.O. here, so do the Bills go after another WR either in the draft, or preferably(IMO) free-agency?

By the looks of things, all signs are pointing to Owens not being here next year, making Lee Evans the number one again, although he was the number one last year (technically). Josh Reed is a free-agent, and I'm officially declaring Hardy a bust. Steve Johnson showed some upside two years ago, and never really got a shot this year with T.O. here, so do the Bills go after another WR either in the draft, or preferably(IMO) free-agency?

If they don't re-sign Josh Reed then a little, but OT, QB, ILB, OLB, and DT are far more pressing needs. JMO

Rookie WRs rarely make impacts. I'd rather get a veteran in free agency and draft a WR in Rounds 4-7.

I'm not high on Hardy either, but I think he and Johnson should have their chance to earn a job in the starting lineup.

Reed is an enigma. He seems to be a valuable slot receiver at times and has been touted for his blocking ability. But he has dropped as many balls as T.O. and goes invisible for games at a time. No one has value because they know the playbook, because that will be thrown away with the new coaching staff on board. So I don't know if Reed will be kept or not. He certainly is not in line for a "big bucks" contract and he is a known quantity. Which means he probably gets Wilson's vote.

Regarding other WRs, I hope we pick on or more up as free agents, but not in the draft. Hey, it's our turn with Sam Aiken.

He started with New England, then came to us, then went back to NE (where he looked good). It's time he returned here. :thumbsup:

Yr 3 is usually the "breakout yr" for wrs, given the obstacles Hardy has had to overcome, I'd wait it out and see what happens this year, same with Johnson, they have to get extended playing time to form a legit judgement on where they are, with that said, the kid from ohio, white, looks like a welkerish type guy that could really help the offense, though I haven't done any research on him yet.

I wouldn't look to the draft a WR we already have 2 young receivers that haven't gotten a chance to prove themselves. I would either sign a verteran FA like Malcolm Floyd from the Chargers who would be available or pick up a undrafted WR after the draft to compete in Training Camp. If we plan on making a change to the 3-4 the majority of picks need to go to the defense.

Guest dog14787

Usually takes 2-3 years for a WR to become a starter in the NFL,

Wishful thinking, but Anquan Boldin would sure look good as a Buffalo Bill ...

Really? Hardy has been active for how many games? This is his second year in the league and he has missed more than a whole year with the injury and rehab. MAN am I glad you aren't our general manager. Even if he was healthy it takes 3 years to get the NFL game most people say.....*SHEESH*

With Owens, Reed and Parrish possibly all on their way out, WR certainly is a need, both in terms of a starter and for depth. My guess is that they'll be in the market for a decent veteran, possibly re-signing Josh Reed, plus will add a rookie in the middle rounds to provide some quality longer term competition for James Hardy and Steve Johnson

Wrong.

This year alone:

Collie, Harvin, Maclin, Nicks, Knox, even Crabtree all had more catches than Evans.

Rookie's can make an impact in the right situation. It's not saying much but all of those guys had better QBs than we had not to mention somewhat better to MUCH better offensive lines. How quickly we have also forgotten the impact of Dick Jauron. All year he was the cause for all of our ills.

WR is a need if TO doesn't come back HOWEVER there are much more pressing needs for the Bills in the 1st 3 rounds (LT, QB, DT, OLB, TE, just to name a few) so it is a need but at least for this draft it is going to have to be put on the back burner. Steve Johnson and James Hardy are going to have to do for now if TO doesn't come back. Maybe a 4th or 5th round pick will be spent on WR.