One year wonders = Maybin?

DarthICE

"It's based on a body of work," Nix said. "If you get a guy who's always done it, I think he'll continue to do it. These one-year wonders who you think nobody else has found? They're probably going to get you in trouble.

Hummm and what did maybin do before his last year in College? Oh yeah he wouldn't have even been on the field if not for the guy in front of him having issues.

Maybin = the classic example Nix is talking about.

"It's based on a body of work," Nix said. "If you get a guy who's always done it, I think he'll continue to do it. These one-year wonders who you think nobody else has found? They're probably going to get you in trouble.

Hummm and what did maybin do before his last year in College? Oh yeah he wouldn't have even been on the field if not for the guy in front of him having issues.

Yet it never stops draft pundits and posters like us to drool oover one-year wonders in college, declaring them future hall of famers.

PTR

the "who no one else has found" part really doesn't fit that well with Maybin. But the one year wonder sure does. I mean part of that though with Maybin is really only played the one year.

one thing seems clear though, he wasn't really on board with the Maybin pick and judging by how close he is with Modrack, and how at the time of last year's draft Nix probably didn't have much say in the room, I'm gonna guess that Tom wasn't a full Maybin believer either.

How do you know that? He's had one season under his belt. Don't start dogging a guy after one year. Give him a chance. Even though Chris Ellis was a third round pick he's the king of suck right now and I doubt he'll make the team this year. JMO

the "who no one else has found" part really doesn't fit that well with Maybin. But the one year wonder sure does. I mean part of that though with Maybin is really only played the one year.

one thing seems clear though, he wasn't really on board with the Maybin pick and judging by how close he is with Modrack, and how at the time of last year's draft Nix probably didn't have much say in the room, I'm gonna guess that Tom wasn't a full Maybin believer either.

I don't remember where I read it, but Modrak wanted Cushing. It was Jauron who was extremely high on the Maybin pick and convinced the FO to select him..

I don't remember where I read it, but Modrak wanted Cushing. It was Jauron who was extremely high on the Maybin pick and convinced the FO to select him..

I believe it. I'm sure the Scouts present the choices to the head coach to decide what direction he wants to go out of a few candidates.

I believe it. I'm sure the Scouts present the choices to the head coach to decide what direction he wants to go out of a few candidates.

Fortunately Nix, Modrak and Gailey say they are all on the same page. I think this draft might end up being our best one in years.

I heard Maybin was Jaurons pick also.It'll take years to recover from Mr Incompetents decisions

Did anyone on this board know that Maybin was named to the freshman all Big Ten team in 2007?

Does anyone care.Its what have you done for me lately and Mr Maybin held out, and did absolutely nothing on the field.He has collosal bust written all over him.

Did anyone on this board know that Maybin was named to the freshman all Big Ten team in 2007?

the questionable pick of Maybin doesn't mean that he won't pan out. But we chose to draft him knowing he was a project and would take at least a year before he might be able to really contribute. That fact alone just makes the pick WAY riskier, in a already very risky business.

the questionable pick of Maybin doesn't mean that he won't pan out. But we chose to draft him knowing he was a project and would take at least a year before he might be able to really contribute. That fact alone just makes the pick WAY riskier, in a already very risky business.

I agree with this. Difficult/impossible to call someone a bust after a year. Risky pick, indeed. Let's give it a year or two more to see if he's a bust.

If Maybin doesn't come into camp wearing 20lbs more muscle then I doubt he'll ever make it as an NFL DE. The positive that he has going for him is that he came out a year early and still has some growing and filling out to do.

I would think that if he's not contributing by game 10 of next year then he should look at moving to LB or he may have a short NFL career.

Personal motivation is a strange thing, some have it, others don't. We'll find out if Maybin has it......

If Maybin doesn't come into camp wearing 20lbs more muscle then I doubt he'll ever make it as an NFL DE. The positive that he has going for him is that he came out a year early and still has some growing and filling out to do.

I would think that if he's not contributing by game 10 of next year then he should look at moving to LB or he may have a short NFL career.

Personal motivation is a strange thing, some have it, others don't. We'll find out if Maybin has it......

If the Bills move to a 3-4 then Maybin has to, IMO, be used as a LB and he has the physical tools to excel at that position. :lol: