ESPN Truth and Rumors: Buffalo and Vick

sharper802

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just scroll down a little. It's paid-access only for the full article, but the gist of the headline is that we're rumored to be a candidate for Vick.

It's a rumor. Wake me up if something actually happens, and I'll figure out how I feel about it then.

Tell us something we don't already know. He has been rumored to come here even before he went to The Eagles. Wake me up when there is some real info.

I've actually come around on this idea. The Bills have no QB, and even if they draft Clauson/Bradford, there's no way (hopefully) that the coaches would be dumb enough to throw a rookie into this mess of an offense behind this terrible line. Even drafting a rookie LT isn't going to solve the issues immediately, there is still a learning curve for last year's rookies, there will be injuries again, etc.

Thus, maybe a veteran guy that can run like mad is the right QB for 2010, even if he's not a good pocket passer. So, screw it....bring him on.

As far as the dog bit, the guy was punished and served his time. It's in the past.

I could care less what he did. He got charged with a crime for animal cruelty and went to prison. Try prosecuting the people who torture pigs, cows and chickens to make the crap on the tailgate grills.

The question is whether the bills can get to the playoffs sooon. Most of our resources should be going to upgrade our offensive and defensive lines. If we can get Vick for Lynch (who isn't the nicest guy ever to wear an NFL uniform his own self) would upgrade the team immediately. We can draft our "franchise" quarterback some time in the next two years. In fact I'd rather we get Vick than McNabb (who I guess is a nice guy) as I don't think McNabb has the mobility to survive a good but developing offensive line with two rookie tackles.

Vick makes a lot of sense to me.

I could care less what he did. He got charged with a crime for animal cruelty and went to prison. Try prosecuting the people who torture pigs, cows and chickens to make the crap on the tailgate grills.

The question is whether the bills can get to the playoffs sooon. Most of our resources should be going to upgrade our offensive and defensive lines. If we can get Vick for Lynch (who isn't the nicest guy ever to wear an NFL uniform his own self) would upgrade the team immediately. We can draft our "franchise" quarterback some time in the next two years. In fact I'd rather we get Vick than McNabb (who I guess is a nice guy) as I don't think McNabb has the mobility to survive a good but developing offensive line with two rookie tackles.

Vick makes a lot of sense to me.

+1

This is the best scenario Ive seen about Vick and how we could have him in a long time. Get rid of the gun toting Lynch. Vick has to be a good boy or hes done forever. Lynch isnt smart enough to realize that yet. A year suspension looms over his head every day. I for one dont believe he will be model. I say get rid of him for what you can. If we get a stopgap at QB until we either draft, or pick up our "franchise" QB in FA im all for it. Would allow us to draft a stud LB like McClain, get a strong LT in the 2nd round, and then go all defensive line and LB for the remainder of the draft.

I don't believe the issue at hand has anything to do with ones eating habits, but rather the sense of right, wrong and everyday sanity. When's the last time you met someone who beat dogs to death, electrocuted dogs or drowned them. Hunters don't do that, sick people do. It's just not a healthy mind. He served his time, so he's good there and paid his judicial debt, but that has no bearing on the court of public opinion.

What he said. :worthy:

I don't know what I'll do if they sign him. It will make me physically ill and I might have to put my Bills fandom on hold. It would be hard to do so but I would really despise the signing.

I am getting so sick of all this dog business, it has to stop!!! Are you a !@#$ing vegetarian?? Millions of Chicken's are slaughtered weekly, where is the remorse for them? They sit in a pen their whole lives being stuffed with hormones and then get their heads chopped off. But my god! Vick killed some dogs, and I own a dog! I'm never gonna let this stand He's a terrible human blah blah blah, what a crock of ****. Just get over it, he served his time let it be.

:worthy: - Awesome!

He made a mistake. Definitely. But being in Philly, this guy has been a good team player. He's repented of his mistakes. And he's actually improved as the year has gone on. He's really worked hard to get back to where he was. I think he'll break out this year. But I think Philly will pick up his option. (unless it's too late).

if brohm is so good why did packers let him get away for nothing?

don't worry about what the Packers did. he wasn't fitting that west coast system. the packers also cut kurt warner; tampa bay gave up on steve young; atlanta gave up on farve.