Bills and Tebow

HooperBills

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last thing we need is another unproven rookie QB. I would pass on all of the QB prospects and bring in a veteran. Shoot.. we already have an unproven Brohm.. I'd give him a shot before drafting a yet another rookie. I would spend all my draft picks on OL and LB's..

yes but we need Dline as well; Brohm will legitimize the qb position

What makes you think he can be developed?? Development is for guys who have all the skills, but not the understanding of the game, usually played at smaller schools. See Phil Simm's. Tebow has the mental part down, his problem likely is the physical part, and rarely can that be developed. There's been plenty of other "winners" in college who are flops in the NFL. For the past four years if Tebow played for Syracuse, would he still be "winner" today? I doubt it. You have to be very wary of players, particually QB's whop play for schools that have potential NFL stars at every position. It becomes real easy to look great and become labeled as a winner when surrounded by all this talent. See Vince Young. I don't have anything agaisnt the guy, but based on how others college players in similar situations struggle in the NFL I would be very surprised if he works out. Just becasue he's a "winner" won't help in the NFL as so is many of the others players and those whom aren't winners get ahead on skills.

If you want to develop him to be a wildcat QB, I'm fine with that though I wouldn't use more than about a 4th rounder on him. Plus Nix's comments about drafting players who can exceed in this climate makes me doubt we'd be going to a wildcat.

i agree with this as well. i dont pretend to be an NFL scout and tell people where exactly he "should" be on the flip side, im not too keen on McNabb, but i WOULD be if we picked him up as a 1 or 2 year band aid while we develop Tebow.

Ok, so if the Bills get a LT is the 1st round, if Tebow is still there, should they pick him up in say the 2nd? 3rd? Let me know what you think, and please no Jesus comments, yes we know he is Christian, it really has nothing to do with this.

AS long as we go 19-0, Jesus is all right with me. Seriously build a team, play ball, wear contacts if you need them and GOOOOOOOO BILLLLLLLLLLS!

Hey, I think I'm what you would consider a "Jesus Freak" and I don't really want Tebow on the Bills. :thumbsup: If he was there in the 4th? Maybe. I hope the guy succeeds, I really do, but I don't think he's a good prospect for the NFL at QB.

But are you a giant-breasted whore? :doh:

I would take absolutely him in the third round.

Even if he never pans out as an NFL starting QB, he would be a good value. If he evolves to a decent backup, even better.

Wildcat, short yardage back, emergency QB, H-Back and possibly spot TE duty. Hell, he could probably come in and play ILB in a 3-4 as a rookie. :thumbsup:

Mentally, physically and emotionally he is a first round prospect. Mechanically, not so much.

What makes you think he can be developed?? Development is for guys who have all the skills, but not the understanding of the game, usually played at smaller schools. See Phil Simm's. Tebow has the mental part down, his problem likely is the physical part, and rarely can that be developed. There's been plenty of other "winners" in college who are flops in the NFL. For the past four years if Tebow played for Syracuse, would he still be "winner" today? I doubt it. You have to be very wary of players, particually QB's whop play for schools that have potential NFL stars at every position. It becomes real easy to look great and become labeled as a winner when surrounded by all this talent. See Vince Young. I don't have anything agaisnt the guy, but based on how others college players in similar situations struggle in the NFL I would be very surprised if he works out. Just becasue he's a "winner" won't help in the NFL as so is many of the others players and those whom aren't winners get ahead on skills.

If you want to develop him to be a wildcat QB, I'm fine with that though I wouldn't use more than about a 4th rounder on him. Plus Nix's comments about drafting players who can exceed in this climate makes me doubt we'd be going to a wildcat.

im not comparing him to any past situations. every player, every year, is different. trying to fit them into a mold based on others' past performances isn't fair, or a smart way to build a football team.

sure, plenty of winners havent amounted to anything in the NFL. but plenty of other winners have. Jim Kelly was from a National Championship caliber team (not comparing him to Kelly, just giving you the flip side of your point).

and there is no rule written anywhere that says players can only be developed mentally and not physically. there were lots of people that wrote off Philip Rivers because of his unorthodox delivery. that has since been adjusted. granted, Tebow is much further behind Rivers in mechanics, but it could be done. i think that based on what ive seen of his work ethic.

i agree that he is far from NFL starting caliber. but so are most of the QBs we've had over the past decade. i like his intangibles. and given the (crappy) QB class in this draft, id rather take a risk on a big, physical kid with a ton of heart and dedication than any of the pantywaists out there.

maybe it will work out for him, maybe it wont. trying to "be right" about a player's future is futile since so many variables play into everyone's career. talent on the team that drafts him, coaches who have to develop him, etc. Maybe if Joey Harrington went to a different team, he would have had more success. no one can say for sure.

anything is possible.

i agree that he is far from NFL starting caliber. but so are most of the QBs we've had over the past decade. i like his intangibles. and given the (crappy) QB class in this draft, id rather take a risk on a big, physical kid with a ton of heart and dedication than any of the pantywaists out there.

anything is possible.

Tebow is gone by the bottom of the 2nd round. GONE. Somebody, Somewhere is going to pick this guy and win with him. :thumbsup:

All the critics will eat crow.

It's easy to look great when you play on a stocked team, for a game-changing coach, and rarely have to face competition as good as your team or better.

It's VERY easy to be a leader and show heart when you win 99.99% of the time.

I'm so tired of all this Tebow ballwashing. It's absurd. Even for TSW.

That's not the flip side at all. Kelly wasa winner, but he also had talent, so if you have both halves the odds go up in your favor. If you only have one of the two which for the most part is where Tebow is, you have a better chance of succeeding with talent.

sure, plenty of winners havent amounted to anything in the NFL. but plenty of other winners have. Jim Kelly was from a National Championship caliber team (not comparing him to Kelly, just giving you the flip side of your point).

Scouts better be right about players most of the time, so to say it's futile is crazy. Am I a scout, is any one here on this board, highly unlikely so granted our opinions aren't very good in the grand scheme of things. I certainly can't scout anyone but am good enough with numbers and statistics to know most players in similar situations fail. Heart only carries you so far, you need the skills.

trying to "be right" about a player's future is futile since so many variables play into everyone's career.

Last thing we need is another unproven rookie QB. I would pass on all of the QB prospects and bring in a veteran. Shoot.. we already have an unproven Brohm.. I'd give him a shot before drafting a yet another rookie. I would spend all my draft picks on OL and LB's..

I agree, though we need a qb at some point in the draft. I wouldnt mind at all if we got a guy like mcnabb or pennington for a few years as a mentor, but we need a qb i'd say at least by the 2nd or 3rd round

XTC, are you trolling, stirring the pot, or just ignorant?

Well, ignorant is the response you would like to hear, so why don't you just run with that one!

Oh yeah, welcome to the board!

Glad I could be of service (dragging you out of the ranks of the lurkers that is) You're welcome!

I would love to have Tebow on this team.

Everyone talks about us needing a QB, LT, LB, etc. What this team needs are "football players" and Tebow is exactly that.

... And Tyler Hansbrough was a basketball player. Now he's a scrub on the Pacer's bench. THE PACER'S BENCH. Yeah. He's that bad.

I said it in an earlier Tebow thread, Hansbrough is the best comparison for Tebow out there. He was a hell of a COLLEGE basketball player (player of the year). The media loved him, UNC fans adored him, he also had his share of haters. Like Tebow, he also played on a stacked team. And yet, despite his heart (and he has heart), despite him being a "basketball player", he is nothing but a scrub who comes off the bench for one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Yeah. Tebow is going to end up just like that. Watch.

... And Tyler Hansbrough was a basketball player. Now he's a scrub on the Pacer's bench. THE PACER'S BENCH. Yeah. He's that bad.

I said it in an earlier Tebow thread, Hansbrough is the best comparison for Tebow out there. He was a hell of a COLLEGE basketball player (player of the year). The media loved him, UNC fans adored him, he also had his share of haters. Like Tebow, he also played on a stacked team. And yet, despite his heart (and he has heart), despite him being a "basketball player", he is nothing but a scrub who comes off the bench for one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Yeah. Tebow is going to end up just like that. Watch.

Dude...you're comparing a football player to a basketball player :worthy: