New mock draft

berndogg

I just want to throw a wrench in everyone's thinking, but I think the Bills are going to draft Derrick Morgan out of Georgia Tech. There are assistants coming to this staff from Georgia Tech, and with Maybin being a bust and Schobel being on the down side of his career. This would make sense.

Linebackers can be found lower, and the best LT will be taken as will be the best quarterbacks.

As far as the Colts, I was always impressed the way they built their team. First, they draft a left tackle in the first round then a right tackle in the second round. The next year they drafted Manning. In the third year, they drafted Elderin James. The Bills have got to get a multi-year plan instead of just reacting every year.

Some good thoughts and examples there. I really think we need to go O-line but I can never really argue with going drafting defense as long as it is not MORE help in the secondary.

LOL. I think we will have a shot at the #3 tackle at worst. That may be Bulaga or that other guy who is supposed to go before we get a shot at him.

I'm just against going QB in the first. Whoever we get we have to play. I haven't checked but I doubt many QBs taken in the top 9 picks in the draft didn't end up starters by the end of the year. It's not like we have an ok offensive line we can get by with. OURS IS TERRIBLE. If that wasn't the case a QB is more of an option.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people have also abandoned this forum for lack of intelligent opinions or an over abundance of uninformed ones. Well...that and no one ever admits their wrong even in the face of factual presented and linked evidence.

Like I said, a caustic and abusive style is one of the things that made good people leave. I'm out (of this thread). You win.

QUOTE (bonzaibills @ Jan 28 2010, 09:35 AM) *

McGahee in 3 years with the Bills: 3,365 yds 24 td

McGahee in 3 years with the Ravens: 2,422 yds 26 td

Sure, his ypc is up these days, but I'd have to believe that Ray Rice beating the crap out of the defense all game might have a little something to do with that.

Rushing tds. Add 3 more pass receiving tds in his 3 years with BAL.

Like him or not - he crosses the goal line better than most.

Thanks for that. I hadn't even thought of receiving TDs. Just more proof.

Like I said, a caustic and abusive style is one of the things that made good people leave. I'm out (of this thread). You win.

Ooooh...oooh....what did I win? Seriously though.

I didn't win anything because my goal was to enlighten people to the importance of O-line. At one point I didn't get it either. Someone educated me and I am the better for it. I used to think all we needed was a QB, or a hot WR or a better RB. Sometimes it's a lot of "what came first the chicken or the egg" but pretty much across the board good offenses, successful QBs and RBs have good O-lines. They go hand in hand.

Ooooh...oooh....what did I win? Seriously though.

I didn't win anything because my goal was to enlighten people to the importance of O-line. At one point I didn't get it either. Someone educated me and I am the better for it. I used to think all we needed was a QB, or a hot WR or a better RB. Sometimes it's a lot of "what came first the chicken or the egg" but pretty much across the board good offenses, successful QBs and RBs have good O-lines. They go hand in hand.

One quick note: I did go to the nfl.com site to look for offensive line stats. As far as I can tell, there are none. It's not even a category.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player?seasonId=2...G&Submit=Go

Thanks. All this proves to me, though, is that Manning is incredibly good at getting rid of the ball quickly and avoiding sacks and hits. In the other main category - rushing - the Colts finished 31st in the league (yards per carry). Since presumably a great o-line should produce a better running game than 31st place (and which featured 2 first round picks at RB) I don't know how this proves much about the Colts line. To me, it seems like another indicator of Manning's greatness.

Thanks. All this proves to me, though, is that Manning is incredibly good at getting rid of the ball quickly and avoiding sacks and hits. In the other main category - rushing - the Colts finished 31st in the league (yards per carry). Since presumably a great o-line should produce a better running game than 31st place (and which featured 2 first round picks at RB) I don't know how this proves much about the Colts line. To me, it seems like another indicator of Manning's greatness.

indeed...the guy is a master of reading defenses, he's seen it all and adjusts accordingly.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-draft-version-1

9. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Been here, done that, right, Bills fans? Long searching for the next great quarterback of Western N.Y. -- whether it be Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards -- the Bills take another shot at a potential quarterback of the future in Bradford. I'm told his shoulder should be fully healed by Draft Day. We'll know for sure after a few individual workouts. If both Clausen and Bradford are gone, look for Buffalo to scoop up an offensive tackle.

I will be extremely pissed if we draft bradford with McClain and Bulaga still on the board. I know we need to address the qb situation, but Bradford is too big a question mark to take with the #9 overall pick. McClain and Bulaga both looked like they could've been NFL starters in 2009, both are at positions where we have a need, much safer picks in my opinion.

me too. Draft BPA, not for need. If we drafted Bradford instead of highest rated player we would be making the same retarded draft mistakes we have made the past 10 years

!@#$ McClain, we dont' need a god damn LB when we need QB, and both lines first. Getting a LB with the 9th pick = a dumb ass move Donahoe or Marv would pull

you do realize we had safeties, and practice squad noob linebackers starting this year right? McClain was the leader of the best defense in college football for 2 years and has the physical attributes to be great at the next level as well. mcclain would be the safest pick in my opinion. There is not 1 quarterback or offensive linemen that will be around for us to pick that we can say HOMERUN when we pick him. Why take the risk and continue to set the franchise back.

9. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Been here, done that, right, Bills fans? Long searching for the next great quarterback of Western N.Y. -- whether it be Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards -- the Bills take another shot at a potential quarterback of the future in Bradford. I'm told his shoulder should be fully healed by Draft Day. We'll know for sure after a few individual workouts. If both Clausen and Bradford are gone, look for Buffalo to scoop up an offensive tackle.

I will be extremely pissed if we draft bradford with McClain and Bulaga still on the board. I know we need to address the qb situation, but Bradford is too big a question mark to take with the #9 overall pick. McClain and Bulaga both looked like they could've been NFL starters in 2009, both are at positions where we have a need, much safer picks in my opinion.

If we don't have a blue chip QB on the board when #9 pick rolls around, I want the best lineman or LB available.

How about we draft Bradford - lowball him on signing him - let him go to the UFL to work the kinks out and then he will be a superstar when he returns to us just like Jimbo?