Dat Nguyen To Be ILB Coach?

I don't understand why the Bills would be adding assistant coaches to either side without a coordinator in place. It doesn't make sense to me, and it seems like it would make a potential candidate less attracted by having to accept people already on staff. Unless they are going after guys on these super bowl teams, I just don't understand why they haven't gotten their coordinators in here yet.

I don't understand why the Bills would be adding assistant coaches to either side without a coordinator in place. It doesn't make sense to me, and it seems like it would make a potential candidate less attracted by having to accept people already on staff. Unless they are going after guys on these super bowl teams, I just don't understand why they haven't gotten their coordinators in here yet.

I'm fairly confident the Bills already have a d-coordinator in place, he just hasn't been named to the public yet.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

ILB coach would make the most sense...or maybe a defensive quality control spot.

The Bills, one of the most notoriously understaffed teams in the NFL in recent years, are going to have 2 guys to coach linebackers. One inside, one outside... :thumbsup:

What is the player to coach ratio, 4 to 1...at most?

I totally agree, you would think if they are already having problems getting a quality D-Coordinator, telling him that he won't have any input on most of his defensive staff isn't going to make it any easier to get a good DC. Kinda backwards, like Snyder D.C.

Curious... do the rules for interviewing candidates for HC jobs apply to DC candidates as well? I'm not talking about the Rooney rule as much as I'm thinking about periods during which teams can conduct interviews, when the candidate is still coaching in the playoffs. I'd been under the impression that a team has to grant permission for an assistant to be interviewed (and usually does so in the case of a promotion). One would think that'd be less likely in the midst of a playoff run. Considering the speculation that the Bills have found their man, one wonders why else they'd be waiting.

i know this isn't directly to your question, but I would imagine interviewing and subsequently hiring Dat Nguyen would satisfy the Rooney Rule

Curious... do the rules for interviewing candidates for HC jobs apply to DC candidates as well? I'm not talking about the Rooney rule as much as I'm thinking about periods during which teams can conduct interviews, when the candidate is still coaching in the playoffs. I'd been under the impression that a team has to grant permission for an assistant to be interviewed (and usually does so in the case of a promotion). One would think that'd be less likely in the midst of a playoff run. Considering the speculation that the Bills have found their man, one wonders why else they'd be waiting.