Greggo seriously disses Buffalo

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...passed-on-brees

Direct Quote:

"I'm never going to discount again on who's it with. I've been able to kind of pick and choose now after all these years about where I want to go to, and I really, really, really wanted to draft Drew Brees when I was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills, and thank goodness that didn't happen otherwise I'd still be stuck up there in cold Buffalo. "

----

Greggggggo is my least favorite person ever associated with the Bills.

Yes, even more so than Dickkkkko.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Direct Quote:

"I'm never going to discount again on who's it with. I've been able to kind of pick and choose now after all these years about where I want to go to, and I really, really, really wanted to draft Drew Brees when I was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills, and thank goodness that didn't happen otherwise I'd still be stuck up there in cold Buffalo. "

----

well we knew better than to draft Brees

Today on the radio Gregg Williams said when he was in Buffalo he wanted to draft Brees but couldn't and is glad the Bills didn't or he would be stuck in Buffalo. Since I couldn't rip my radio out of my vehicle I will pull for Peyton, what about you guys?

Direct Quote:

----

You can't hate the guy for saying this. He got the shaft from the front office while he was here. Don't get me wrong, Gregg dug his own grave in many ways (airhorns and the like), but he was just not ready to be a HC quite yet. I know I'm not alone, but I've always thought he'd be a great HC down the line some day in his second go-around. I really believe that.

And I don't take that as a dig against Buffalo at all. It IS cold up there. And we've gone 10 years without a playoff birth. Now he's in New Orleans and playing in the Super Bowl. He's not taking the piss. He's just stating facts. If anything, it's a slight at the organization, not the town.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the obvious inaccuracy:

"But instead of having a franchise quarterback fro the next decade, the Bills' starting quarterbacks in 2001 were Alex Van Pelt and Rob Johnson. They traded for Drew Bledsoe the next year and have since called Kelly Holcomb, J.P. Losman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm starters. "

So, starting one game due to injury means that we are calling Brohm a starter?

You can't hate the guy for saying this. He got the shaft from the front office while he was here. Don't get me wrong, Gregg dug his own grave in many ways (airhorns and the like), but he was just not ready to be a HC quite yet. I know I'm not alone, but I've always thought he'd be a great HC down the line some day in his second go-around. I really believe that.

And I don't take that as a dig against Buffalo at all. It IS cold up there. And we've gone 10 years without a playoff birth. Now he's in New Orleans and playing in the Super Bowl. He's not taking the piss. He's just stating facts. If anything, it's a slight at the organization, not the town.

Not too much I can disagree with except for I think its very unprofessional to make a statment about a former employer/town.

Made me think much less of ol' man boobs

and also keep in mind that in GW's own words, the bills brass were doing what they could to find a trade partner in order to move up to get brees, its not like they didn't do anything...it appears they tried but couldn't find any takers, so its not like we lost brees

Direct Quote:

----

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the obvious inaccuracy:

"But instead of having a franchise quarterback fro the next decade, the Bills' starting quarterbacks in 2001 were Alex Van Pelt and Rob Johnson. They traded for Drew Bledsoe the next year and have since called Kelly Holcomb, J.P. Losman, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm starters. "

So, starting one game due to injury means that we are calling Brohm a starter?

After two years of getting crushed due to a lack of an offensive line, Drew Brees would have been just another name on your list.

Direct Quote:

----

He would still be a loser as head coach even with Brees...

Today on the radio Gregg Williams said when he was in Buffalo he wanted to draft Brees but couldn't and is glad the Bills didn't or he would be stuck in Buffalo. Since I couldn't rip my radio out of my vehicle I will pull for Peyton, what about you guys?

Nah. I don't get worked up when someone in the NFL or among the media say Buffalo is cold. It's not Gregg Williams fault we don't have Brees. If it was up to him and not Donahoe, Brees would be in Buffalo to this day. I'm still going to root for New Orleans.

After two years of getting crushed due to a lack of an offensive line, Drew Brees would have been just another name on your list.

There is that, and don't forget that we saw Brees in person in 2002. Williams' defense made him look terrible, and he was benched for Flutie.

Since y'all linked to the NFLNation post, not the AFC East one, I'll cut/paste my reply from there:

Gregggg Williams, following the NFL combine the year Brees came out:

"As coaches, we stood up there in the stands, and we'd check off a negative here and a negative there on each and every player that comes through there. As I watched the quarterbacks work out there this past week, I constantly was looking at who was over there that was better than Rob Johnson ...

"We got the right guy for this offense. He can make all the throws."

--Shout! magazine, March 2001

+1

We gave him his first shot as a HC. Even though it all went bad, a guy with Gregg's ego doesn't forget that. If he ever makes it big as a HC, I would not be surprised to hear him say a lot of positive things about his experience here.

Direct Quote:

----

go blow your airhorn again big head, that next head coaching job isn't coming ya boob

Gregg Williams is a coordinator and the reason being, he failed as a head coach! Peyton is going to pick apart his defense, and I will be happy to see him fail once again, hey Gregg! How about looking in the mirror! Maybe it will motivate you to mix in a green salad and to take the stairs instead of the elevator!