OT-I hate working with all women...

IBTG81

I know, you're thinking Ed is more nuts than usual here...However...

It's terrible. Everyone is gossiping, I hear everyone talking about one another behind everyone's backs. I work with about 9 women on a regular basis, and 1 guy comes in for one day twice a month...Grrrrr, it's frustrating.

Any ideas on how to put up with this crap?

It's terrible. Everyone is gossiping, I hear everyone talking about one another behind everyone's backs. I work with about 9 women on a regular basis, and 1 guy comes in for one day twice a month...Grrrrr, it's frustrating.

130081[/snapback]

Ignore it, be pleasant but not personal, do not engage, do your work, and go home. If you show weakness you're dead.

Ignore it, be pleasant but not personal, do not engage, do your work, and go home. If you show weakness you're dead.

130088[/snapback]

We're big into "teams" at work. I just accepting the position of team leader because a. more pay, b. it gives me some power. Now I get to hear even more bitching.

I just found out my co-worker is bitching about me behind my back to people. Why/ Because she's old school and doesn't like change, and I'm all about "if it's broke, fix it." Grrrr...

We're big into "teams" at work. I just accepting the position of team leader because a. more pay, b. it gives me some power. Now I get to hear even more bitching.

I just found out my co-worker is bitching about me behind my back to people.  Why/ Because she's old school and doesn't like change, and I'm all about "if it's broke, fix it." Grrrr...

130090[/snapback]

Welcome to reality. Like I said, be professional and don't get dragged down into the mud. You can be friendly, personable and at the same time give them nothing to hold you on. You start playing their game (and this holds true for men and women) and you end up where you can be compromised. You want to hear old school? Try working for the Pentagon.

I just found out my co-worker is bitching about me behind my back to people.  Why/ Because she's old school and doesn't like change, and I'm all about "if it's broke, fix it." Grrrr...

130090[/snapback]

Next time they come to B word to you, ask them what they hell they are doing out of the kitchen.

Seriously, if it were all men there would be the same problem, with a little more focus on the "behind the back" part of it. Women are just more blunt.

Welcome to reality. Like I said, be professional and don't get dragged down into the mud. You can be friendly, personable and at the same time give them nothing to hold you on. You start playing their game (and this holds true for men and women) and you end up where you can be compromised. You want to hear old school? Try working for the Pentagon.

130093[/snapback]

Well, I'm afraid my boss will hear it and start to believe it. This girl has been at the company for quite some time.

Should I preempt her and go to my boss saying I don't like all of the gossip going on?

Well, I'm afraid my boss will hear it and start to believe it. This girl has been at the company for quite some time.

Should I preempt her and go to my boss saying I don't like all of the gossip going on?

130098[/snapback]

I don't know enough of your situation, but a guess would be that if this gal has been there a long time, your boss has her number. If your boss decides to side with her, knowing she's a cranky B word, your talking to her in pre-emption will probably do little good. Document your interactions. Seems as though you aren't talking about gossip as much as you're talking about backstabbing.

I don't know enough of your situation, but a guess would be that if this gal has been there a long time, your boss has her number. If your boss decides to side with her, knowing she's a cranky B word, your talking to her in pre-emption will probably do little good. Document your interactions. Seems as though you aren't talking about gossip as much as you're talking about backstabbing.

130106[/snapback]

There's definately a healthy mix of both. She got another of our co-workers fired: the girl didn't do crap, but to go after someone's job...

I just think that women are petty sometimes (with the exception of cable, 89, b4l, melissa, and aussie :) )

Do your job. Make sure you communicate everything even more clearly than you think you need to. Document everything. If you've got someone sniping at you from the bushes, it's all about keeping your butt covered.

Some more advice: Pick your battles. Make sure if you're going to have to fight for something (ie. a particular change) it's worth fighting for. Listen to people as much as possible. Even if you end up deciding to do what you intended all along, it may help the atmosphere if you at least listened to opposing points of view.

130081[/snapback]

You think you have it bad ????? I work where the ratio is approximately 500 females to 15 males..

I feel your pain..

Men are NOT worse..

Women are cattie - Its a tough gig - Trust me, unless you been there you cant appreciate it :)

130090[/snapback]

Wasn't this just "gossip"? :lol:

Correction you guys...."unfullfilled" women are catty.  :lol:

130357[/snapback]

Good point. The only woman I directly work with is a happily married Navy LT. Commander helicopter pilot. Nancy doesn't seem to have any "issues".

Now, as to how Ed can address that...I'm not touching that one.

I also have women as supervisors... One is a Derector and the other is a manager. I think they are great, but think they are tougher...

Oh, and I also work with CLEMENTS22. And he complains like a woman!

Justr kidding. hehe

tmk-nj

I can relate. Where I work there are 12 guys in the entire place. There are 107 women. I'm the only guy in a department of 10.

Here's what you do. Get to know them well seperately but avoid their groups. That can be the kiss of death. If you do this they will feel comfortable coming and talking to you because they know you but won't lose respect for you if you aren't in their click.

Another thing, DO NOT go out to lunch with just a couple of them otherwise the other kitties will get mad and hold a grudge against you.

Lastly, good luck.

I have noticed that there aren't any complaints from the only guy working at Victoria's Secret.

130509[/snapback]

Actually, my best friend Roman worked for Victoria's Secret for awhile. He liked it in th ebeginning, but he said all of the women he worked with were bitches.

My theory? The hotter the girl, the bitchier/more mental problems she has.

130081[/snapback]

Get another job.

I worked in a department where I was the only guy around twelve women. You can't have that many women comprising a department and still expect efficiency. I'm sorry. You just can't. I have hired a number of women in my life because they are outstanding workers individually. Especially in sales. But collectively? Complete opposite result.

Actually, my best friend Roman worked for Victoria's Secret for awhile. He liked it in th ebeginning, but he said all of the women he worked with were bitches.

My theory? The hotter the girl, the bitchier/more mental problems she has.

130516[/snapback]

Shame you never met Darlene. Would blow that theory to hell. :lol:

Get another job.

I worked in a department where I was the only guy around twelve women. You can't have that many women comprising a department and still expect efficiency. I'm sorry. You just can't. I have hired a number of women in my life because they are outstanding workers individually. Especially in sales. But collectively? Complete opposite result.

130518[/snapback]

Hmmm, remind you of any professional football teams we know?