OT-I hate working with all women...

IBTG81

I feel for you too....I used (note the word USED) to work in a hospital department of 80 people, 75 of them women. It was HELL!!! The thing I hated the most is when they would gossip to each other with their hands up against the other's ear like they were back in elementary school. GRRRRR!!! There were times I wanted to say" If you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all!!!" These women were such catty bitches I lasted 1 year and was gone. I kept totally silent and spoke only when asked a question first. If I tried to initiate conversation they all thought I was hitting on them and would go to my supervisor that I was harassing them ("so how was your weekend..what did you do?"). I guess trying to be friendly did not pay. Oh well...even my female supervisor thinks I got a raw deal with these bitches and understood why I left...to this day I am still friends with her.

I know, you're thinking Ed is more nuts than usual here...However...

It's terrible. Everyone is gossiping, I hear everyone talking about one another behind everyone's backs. I work with about 9 women on a regular basis, and 1 guy comes in for one day twice a month...Grrrrr, it's frustrating.

Any ideas on how to put up with this crap?

130081[/snapback]

Transfer to another dept. I agree that you want to work with guys to get things done, but you need to have lots of women in the company to keep the environment happy. I work in a company with virtually no good looking women....it sucks. :lol:

Transfer to another dept.  I agree that you want to work with guys to get things done, but you need to have lots of women in the company to keep the environment happy.  I work in a company with virtually no good looking women....it sucks.  :lol:

130646[/snapback]

What? You must be down the hall from me somewhere. I work in the building that old, fat GS women are sent to die. It's like the elephant burial ground. Go to the HQ building and it's like visiting a models convention. (But they have less parking, so take what you can get)

hope they all have a different schedule for their cycle. Most guys get it a few days a month, you probably get it nonstop. 

Well, you're in luck. Research suggests that women who are in close quarters (same house, dorm, office) are pretty much on the same menestral (sp??) cycle. It's got to do with the pheromones that they release.

I'm one of 3 male teachers in an elementary school, with appx 50 women. I am just myself around most of them. I never start any personal conversation though. If they start them or are comfortable talking, then i'll interject. Nothing too personal. And to answer subsequent questions: Yes most are married, yes some are really hot, yes they flirt with me bad, yes i'd love to get them horizontal, no i haven't yet.

Women have a disagreement and the next thing you know they have involved all the women possible and they all have drawn sides. Then it starts with the cattiness. Comments about each others clothes, their makeup, their hair, etc. It just goes on and on forever. The only time it will end is when another set of women have a disagreement and everyone joins sides over that.

The difference with men is that when two men disagree it eventually gets over with. It might come to fisticuffs, but it will eventually end.

However, the funniest fight I ever saw was two strippers fighting over a client. Asses kept popping up over top of the tables with every once in a while a head or b**b would pop up.

I feel for you too....I used (note the word USED) to work in a hospital department of 80 people, 75 of them women.  It was HELL!!!  The thing I hated the most is when they would gossip to each other with their hands up against the other's ear like they were back in elementary school.  GRRRRR!!!  There were times I wanted to say" If you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all!!!"  These women were such catty bitches I lasted 1 year and was gone.  I kept totally silent and spoke only when asked a question first.  If I tried to initiate conversation they all thought I was hitting on them and would go to my supervisor that I was harassing them ("so how was your weekend..what did you do?").  I guess trying to be friendly did not pay.  Oh well...even my female supervisor thinks I got a raw deal with these bitches and understood why I left...to this day I am still friends with her.

130642[/snapback]

Newman....I can relate.

I am a supervisor in a Student Affairs Office where I am responsible for "Student Assistants"

Now....once upon a time I had three girls working for me....ALL of them were knockouts....but I have NEVER tried to be anything more then a supervisor to any of them......then came one fateful day when I had a stressfull situation in the office I thought that one of the girls handled very well...I made the mistake of putting my hand on her shoulder and telling her that she did a good job....

The next day I had a complaint over my head of sexual herassment....want to make it even worse? When I apologized for any misunderstanding she thought it was her cue to start showing up for work late, not doing her job, and showing me a ton of attitude.

I wanted to fire her but couldnt becuase my supervisor was afraid of a lawsuit. She end up quitting on us right at the most busy time of the year with no notice. I told her that it probably wouldn't be a very good idea to call for a reference.

I hire all the intelligent guy students I can now.....much to the dismay to the rest of the men who work in the department. Any females that get hired I do a TOTAL BACKGROUND check of anyone listed. Had I done a more through check of this particular worker I would have found out about SEVERAL sexual harassment complaints by her on various individuals that were not proven to be correct.

Guys are just easier....even though some of my best workers have been females. I dont like walking on eggshells at work

Newman....I can relate.

I am a supervisor in a Student Affairs Office where I am responsible for "Student Assistants"

Now....once upon a time I had three girls working for me....ALL of them were knockouts....but I have NEVER tried to be anything more then a supervisor to any of them......then came one fateful day when I had a stressfull situation in the office I thought that one of the girls handled very well...I made the mistake of putting my hand on her shoulder and telling her that she did a good job....

The next day I had a complaint over my head of sexual herassment....want to make it even worse?  When I apologized for any misunderstanding she thought it was her cue to start showing up for work late, not doing her job, and showing me a ton of attitude.

I wanted to fire her but couldnt becuase my supervisor was afraid of a lawsuit.  She end up quitting on us right at the most busy time of the year with no notice.  I told her that it probably wouldn't be a very good idea to call for a reference.

I hire all the intelligent guy students I can now.....much to the dismay to the rest of the men who work in the department.  Any females that get hired I do a TOTAL BACKGROUND check of anyone listed.  Had I done a more through check of this particular worker I would have found out about SEVERAL sexual harassment complaints by her on various individuals that were not proven to be correct.

Guys are just easier....even though some of my best workers have been females.  I dont like walking on eggshells at work

131382[/snapback]

At one of my old jobs, something similar to yours happened. A girl went to the Union Rep. to complain, The rep actually told her (I heard this second hand, from a manager), "girl, are you kidding? No one in their right mind would ever sexually harrass someone as ugly as you." :blink::)

At one of my old jobs, something similar to yours happened. A girl went to the Union Rep. to complain, The rep actually told her (I heard this second hand, from a manager), "girl, are you kidding? No one in their right mind would ever sexually harrass someone as ugly as you."      :blink:  :)

131387[/snapback]

I like it.

What did she do to him?