I received a letter from the Bills Today

i would almost bet the letters were mailed "Standard Presorted", which is the new term for 3rd class Bulk Mail....there is no rush and no guarantee of delivery date for Standard Presort mail..that said, 19 days is a bit long even for that class of mail, but it could have been mailed from a non-buffalo pre-sort house in which case the time might be easier to explain.....

On behalf of the entire organization, we want to the you for your support this season. You once again proved why Buffalo Bills Fans are amongst the most celebrated in the National Football League'

As we reflect on last season, we had high expectations that were not achieved. Looking forward, we have already begun the process of restoring the great tradition of Buffalo Bills Footbal. On Dec.31 we hired a new General Manager, Buddy Nix. I have known Buddy Nix for a long time and I have great respect for his football knowledge and his ability to build a team through the draft. One of his first duties as our new General Manager will be to hire a Head Coach, who will lead the resurgence of a Buffalo Bills team you can be proud of. Although the outcome of last season certainly wasn't what we had hope for, we believe we have a good base of young talented players. It is upon this young base of talent that we build our future.

Happy New Year to you and your family! Thank you for being very special part of Buffalo Bills Football.

Sincerely

Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.

The date on the letter January 6, 2010.

Todays date January 25, 2010

I didn't get that one, though I did get one that said this:

This is a hold up. Give us your cash. You can do so in three monthly installments or all @ once. You may get a return on it, or you may not. We'll let you know.

Sincerely

Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.

The date on the letter: Don't worry 'bout it

Todays date: You figure it out

:death: ..written on a napkin.

i would almost bet the letters were mailed "Standard Presorted", which is the new term for 3rd class Bulk Mail....there is no rush and no guarantee of delivery date for Standard Presort mail..that said, 19 days is a bit long even for that class of mail, but it could have been mailed from a non-buffalo pre-sort house in which case the time might be easier to explain.....

Poojer, any chance of getting into the USPS these days? I know there's the hiring freeze in place, but just curious if you knew anything as an "insider"

As we all know, YE OLE works for BOA, but would greatly appreciate a different career.

i don't work for the post office..in a previous life i worked in the direct mail business before going into the more stable world of retail via circuit city..... :death:

Poojer, any chance of getting into the USPS these days? I know there's the hiring freeze in place, but just curious if you knew anything as an "insider"

As we all know, YE OLE works for BOA, but would greatly appreciate a different career.

Best letter I ever got from the Bills was in January 1991. It said "Congratulations! As a Buffalo Bills Season Ticket holder, you have been selected to have the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets to Super Bowl XXV in Tampa, Florida. If the Buffalo Bills advance to the Super Bowl, bring this letter to the Rich Stadium box office on the Monday after the Conference Championship Game." Seems like a lifetime ago. Now they send form letters that basically say "we sucked, we have sucked for 10 years, we'll try harder, give us your money again please"

I didn't get that one, though I did get one that said this:

This is a hold up. Give us your cash. You can do so in three monthly installments or all @ once. You may get a return on it, or you may not. We'll let you know.

Sincerely

Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.

The date on the letter: Don't worry 'bout it

Todays date: You figure it out

:death:

Ah got a robocall from Buddy hisself not long after he got the job. And a couple weeks ago I got a letter about my club seats clearly written for a newbie, not someone who's had season tickets for over 20 years and was among the first to sign a club seat license.

Duh. I don't want to complain because the VP/Mktg and I both have degrees from the same institution. In different disciplines I hope.