Had those cheap hits on Favre happened to Brady....

DarthICE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those players would have been flagged, fined and ejected. Dirty ass shots on farve all day and only one of them called. I have lost all respect for the Aints. I hope Peyton beats the **** out of them

Meh...it's football. I liked the way they went after Favre. I only remember seeing 3 questionable calls and they called penalties on 2 of them.

Meh...it's football. I liked the way they went after Favre. I only remember seeing 3 questionable calls and they called penalties on 2 of them.

The guy dove intentionally at the back of his knee. Hell our guys get flagged if we legitimately tackle a QB at the friggin thigh! They intentionally tried to injure him and that is chicken ****. Hitting a guy 3 steps after he hands off the ball for a run play? I mean come on...

i thought the Hargrove penalty was chicken****. then the next play some guy dove at Favre's knees and no call.

It seems like the refs don't know what a penalty is any more.

I thought the vast majority of the hits were totally legit. the time he got on the run play he was hit because he was trying to block.

Those players would have been flagged, fined and ejected. Dirty ass shots on farve all day and only one of them called. I have lost all respect for the Aints. I hope Peyton beats the **** out of them

Those hits reminded me of how Bruce and "Dr. Sack" abused Hostletler in Superbowl 25.

Those cheap shots were only cheap shots because the NFL has become a pussified version of itself.

And like they should, if they don't get called for it, keep doing it until you do get called for it. Sucks, but that's the way things work.

The refs had the Hargrove call and the one on the next play reversed. I agree the Hargrove penalty was weak and they should have called the one where someone dove at Favre's ankles (only because it's the Brady rule).

Those hits reminded me of how Bruce and "Dr. Sack" abused Hostletler in Superbowl 25.

Those cheap shots were only cheap shots because the NFL has become a pussified version of itself.

Again are they penalties currently? Would they call those hits on Brady? Then !@#$ing call them when they cheap shot favre. Bottom line it was home cooking all the way and the refs did all they could to get NO the win.

I hope Indy blows them off the !@#$ing planet.

Again are they penalties currently? Would they call those hits on Brady? Then !@#$ing call them when they cheap shot favre. Bottom line it was home cooking all the way and the refs did all they could to get NO the win.

I hope Indy blows them off the !@#$ing planet.

There were some questionable calls on BOTH sides yesterday -- they were hardly favoring one side. If anything, I thought they were favoring the Vikings more than the Saints. For example, the ref had a clear view of Bush's TD - but called him down at the 1. Reversed on replay, but still.

I can't believe you're using the Patriots as the barometer of whether a play is legal or not. :lol:

There were some questionable calls on BOTH sides yesterday -- they were hardly favoring one side. If anything, I thought they were favoring the Vikings more than the Saints. For example, the ref had a clear view of Bush's TD - but called him down at the 1. Reversed on replay, but still.

I can't believe you're using the Patriots as the barometer of whether a play is legal or not. :lol:

I am using what the league does apparently...

I guarantee though at a neutral sight, if the Aints think they will get away with that **** hitting Manning like that, they have another thing coming.

Worst call of the game? Jared Allen busts through the line in overtime, about to crush Brees for a 6 or 7 yard loss, gets tackled from behind by the OT, Brees throws the (uncatchable) ball downfield to Thomas and they call PI on Ben Leber of the Vikes. :lol: Horrible call by the officials, IMO, and it pretty much sealed Minnesota's fate.

Worst call of the game? Jared Allen busts through the line in overtime, about to crush Brees for a 6 or 7 yard loss, gets tackled from behind by the OT, Brees throws the (uncatchable) ball downfield to Thomas and they call PI on Ben Leber of the Vikes. :lol: Horrible call by the officials, IMO, and it pretty much sealed Minnesota's fate.

yeah...that and turning over the ball SIX TIMES. Minnesota deserved to lose because they decided to play hot potato with the football. Had they protected the football, they win that game handily. They piss around and go to OT and let the refs become a factor. Serves them right.

As for the "cheap shots" on Favre, tackling a guy at the knees from behind is perfectly legal. You don't want to see it, then go watch the NBA where a foul is slapping a guy on the wrist while he's shooting.

yeah...that and turning over the ball SIX TIMES. Minnesota deserved to lose because they decided to play hot potato with the football. Had they protected the football, they win that game handily. They piss around and go to OT and let the refs become a factor. Serves them right.

As for the "cheap shots" on Favre, tackling a guy at the knees from behind is perfectly legal. You don't want to see it, then go watch the NBA where a foul is slapping a guy on the wrist while he's shooting.

Bull ****. It is illegal as hell. Quit trying to be internet tough guy.

^

this is it. Worst zebra call of the year IMO. As soon as I saw it i knew game over. I hate the officials deciding the game.

Bull ****. It is illegal as hell. Quit trying to be internet tough guy.

How was he being a tough guy with his post....?

Nobody else is allowed to have an opinion different than yours? Oh, sorry, forgot who I was talking to. :lol:

Thank you.

There was only one cheap shot on Favre, and it was flagged for a PF. Friggin Favre whiners can go suck eggs.

Penalties called:

Vikings 5-32

Saints 9-88

The Saints said they'd bring it, and they did. Favre didn't get hit any more than any other QB. And if those hits were on Tom Brady, the only difference as far as I'm concerned? I'd have cheered even LOUDER. Geaux Saints!