Had those cheap hits on Favre happened to Brady....

DarthICE

Bull ****. It is illegal as hell. Quit trying to be internet tough guy.

How is it illegal? If you come at a guy from behind and tackle him in the way that his knees bend in the right direction it's not an illegal tackle. You're getting upset because at the same time that tackle happened, another NO player tackled him from up high resulting in him getting contorted. By the letter of the book, it's a legit tackle. Football, by nature, is a violent sport. Those tackles were doing what they were supposed to and getting to the quarterback in a legal amount of time and knocking the stuffing out of him to give their team an advantage.

Maybe you're not used to seeing it Buffalo, as our DEs suck and never get that kind of pressure, but we'd all be hailing Maybin and Schoebel if they threw a hit like that on Brady, Sanchez or Henne.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if drilling a QB in the ankles is legal, i contend none of the starters will finish the season next year

So the NFL needs to put into place rules to protect the quarterback's ankles too now? Why don't we just put flags on them and make them untouchable as EVERY HIT has the potential to hurt the QB?

New NFL Rules Outlaw Brady-Like Hits

"The main new NFL rule that made headlines yesterday is one where defenders cannot hit a quarterback once they are knocked down to the ground, if the play is still in progress."

The Saint defender was down and rolled right into the back of Favre's legs. As legal as cocaine.

Except the defender wasn't knocked down to the ground.... He was stumbling and lunged towards the QB -- but never hit the ground until the QB was wrapped up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv2v6NlNhs8

New NFL Rules Outlaw Brady-Like Hits

"The main new NFL rule that made headlines yesterday is one where defenders cannot hit a quarterback once they are knocked down to the ground, if the play is still in progress."

The Saint defender was down and rolled right into the back of Favre's legs. As legal as cocaine.

You are twisting the rule's interpretation to fit your assessment of the play. The NO player came around the corner and tackled Favre AS HE WAS FALLING. This rule is to prevent hits like the Wilfork one where he is one the ground, away from the QB, and then lunges while on the ground into the QB's knees. That's illegal. Not this hit.

The guy dove intentionally at the back of his knee. Hell our guys get flagged if we legitimately tackle a QB at the friggin thigh! They intentionally tried to injure him and that is chicken ****. Hitting a guy 3 steps after he hands off the ball for a run play? I mean come on...

What the hell are you talking about? They over-protected Favre as much as possible. The whole league is shitting the bed at this point.

I don't know how you can tackle someone after your knee hits the ground unless you get back up. And he obviously didn't get back up.

Did you actually WATCH the video I posted....? It clearly shows that he hits Favre before the defender's knee hits the ground. Worst case scenario, they happened at the exact same time.

Watch it again before complaining, k?

Those players would have been flagged, fined and ejected. Dirty ass shots on farve all day and only one of them called. I have lost all respect for the Aints. I hope Peyton beats the **** out of them

If Tom Terrific had taken that high/low hit, he would have had Gizzelle rubbing his ankle on the sideline and telling him how pretty he is the rest of the game instead of getting it retaped and going back into the game like Favre did.

Five turnovers (three fumbles and two interceptions)

12 men on the field after a time out

A disgraceful rookie QB mistake by a 20 year veteran

Stop crying, take care of the ball & score more points.

all while holding one of the most potent offenses in recent memory to 74 yards in the half. i spent most of the game pondering how snake-bitten both these franchises are----they are right up there with the Bills. NO couldn't score, Minnesota kept wanting to turn it over. the 12 man on the field was just absolutely brutal to a fan. i could almost, almost udnerstand favre not scrambling for yardage on the int play. he was beaten up quite badly and looked like he couldn't bear much weight, and he reverted to form and tossed a bad throw with great upside and horrible downside. but giving up 5 yards for too many men on the field was an absolute killer.

defense accomplished what they needed to an more, offense sucked just abdly enoughly to lose.

Some of you guys have a pretty warped view of that leg hit near the end of the game where Favre hurt his ankle. Watch again, the saint was trying to slow down and as it was, made sure he didn't hit Favre in the leg with his helmet. From that angle if he was trying to "drill" Favre, they would have carried him off the field with 2 broken legs (or maybe knees).

That being said, I agree that if it was Tom Terrific being hit, flag at the very least.

Did you actually WATCH the video I posted....? It clearly shows that he hits Favre before the defender's knee hits the ground. Worst case scenario, they happened at the exact same time.

Watch it again before complaining, k?

What are you talking about? I was agreeing with you. I think it WAS a legal hit. I was referring to the rule that says a player can't get back up and hit the QB. The defender obviously went for a tackle and hit the QB. Completly fine. He didn't "Get back up and make a tackle" which would have broken the rule. Come down man

Those players would have been flagged, fined and ejected. Dirty ass shots on farve all day and only one of them called. I have lost all respect for the Aints. I hope Peyton beats the **** out of them

What a stupid post.

Everyone agrees that the flags thrown for Brady's benefit are ridiculous, yet you want that to be the standard to judge yesterday's game?

How about comparing those hits to what would have been called if it was Trent Edwards or 90% of the other QBs in the league taking those hits.

What a stupid post.

Everyone agrees that the flags thrown for Brady's benefit are ridiculous, yet you want that to be the standard to judge yesterday's game?

How about comparing those hits to what would have been called if it was Trent Edwards or 90% of the other QBs in the league taking those hits.

Its amazing how up in arms he is over a LEGAL HIT.

how could they be aints if the're in the big dance?

SAINTS and greg williams said they were going to go after farve. and it showed. 2 ways. the hits on farve and the completions on 3rd down by farve to keep drives alive.

if the bills put that much pressure on anyone you would be happy. its football. watch golf if u cant handle it!

the question i have is since we all know they would have called roughing the passer if it had been brady, especially the hit on favres ankles, why didnt they call them with favre too? i thought he was one of the league's prized possessions as well

good point. did u see when the shoulder pads were outside the jersey, the main ref fixed them for farve. i dont think i have ever seen that before.

with the speed that these guys are using rushing the passer, there will ALWAYS be some plays that look like cheap shots.