Answer this as honestly as you can..

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To easy to pick on this one, What kinda priority is to be handing out family moral advice in a football forum... you really take these answers seriously?

I treated it like..." If me and Buster were hanging on the edge of a cliff who would you save first...?"

If you son was playing against the bills in the superbowl, who would you cheer for? Your sons team or the Bills?

tough question. Good thing for the Dads on this board we have zero chance of making a Superbowl for awhile

Archie Manning:

"It's a game I'm going to pull for my son," the elder Manning said.

"Sean Payton knows that. He's a great friend of mine," Manning said. "Drew Brees knows that. That's just the way it is.

"Anybody who thinks it's different must not have children."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/200...tory?id=4856216

Sorry, the Sabres or Bills first... My son can wait. He knows that and acceepts it. I sure the hell want to think he would view it the same.

And about Archie... How can he not root for the Saints, both his sons already won a SB.

Loyalty to community first is what builds loyalty to family. Building loyalty to family first can undermine loyalty to community. Why do you think we see so many problems now. Somehow this has changed through the years.

Sure, don't get me wrong... I am not saying family is not important, but without community one can't build family... No man is an island.

I know I will take flak for this... Fire away!

:P

Archie Manning:

"It's a game I'm going to pull for my son," the elder Manning said.

"Sean Payton knows that. He's a great friend of mine," Manning said. "Drew Brees knows that. That's just the way it is.

"Anybody who thinks it's different must not have children."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/200...tory?id=4856216

I disagree and I have children... They are not the be all and end of my world (to an extent, before anybody gets crazy on me)... They have their own lives to live within the community.

Community (and to a larger extent: nation) is what binds.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't defend and protect my children to the utmost.

IMO, people are becoming more and more selfish. Archie is a classic example of that.

Thank the heavens that our great nation was built more on putting community first than solely family.

Loyalty to community first is what builds loyalty to family. Building loyalty to family first can undermine loyalty to community. Why do you think we see so many problems now. Somehow this has changed through the years.

Very well said!!! :P:devil::sick:

The sad part is there is prob a better chance that my son would play in a SB then the Bills. And I am 24 with no kids! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

But on a serious note... If they bills were still a winless SB team then the Bills... but if they had won then my son... but it's hard to say because I don't have one yet.

Community team over my son. Community trumps family... It is the reason we are not a country like Haiti.

God

Country

Family

I hope my children learn the same message especially with regard to this non-issue (sports)... It is about supporting others over oneself. This doesn't mean you have to neglect oneself.

This doesn't mean I don't care about my family... I very much do. I love them unconditionally outside of those other two very important conditions. This is such a very fine line.

this question is gay

Yes it is in the context of really a non-issue like sports in general. Not so much when it comes to other fundamental issues.

Take a look at NOLA and Hurricane Katrina. If you were a public servant during a clamity like that, who would you put first? The news was filled with stories of public servants abandoning their places for the sake of family. Do you think that was right? Don't even get me started on the Mannings and the Garden District of NOLA.

Again... There is a reason we are not a country like Haiti... I do see the trend changing in the last 50 or so years. :wallbash:

Yes... It starts at the lowest levels... Sports of course is the lowest level, yet, attitudes still carry very loud.

Community team over my son. Community trumps family... It is the reason we are not a country like Haiti.

God

Country

Family

I hope my children learn the same message especially with regard to this non-issue (sports)... It is about supporting others over oneself. This doesn't mean you have to neglect oneself.

This doesn't mean I don't care about my family... I very much do. I love them unconditionally outside of those other two very important conditions. This is such a very fine line.

That's certainly perverse logic from any direction. Community ceases to exist without the family foundation. Read up on history of mankind.

That's certainly perverse logic from any direction. Community ceases to exist without the family foundation. Read up on history of mankind.

Of course they go hand in hand. It is just when you have to prioritze them, which comes first? Others like the community at large or yourself (family unit).

So you are saying family should take prioroity over community? Probably explains the mentality down in NOLA (Katrina) when the police left to run back home and take care of their family first.

No man (family) is an island.

Assuming that my son is going to give me a portion of his SB Bonus check (seeing how this is hypothetical, I'm can assume that his contract has a large incentive to win the SB)... I'd root for my son, but bet on the Bills. This way it'll be doubly sweet either way.