Billy Coward on Jimmie Rome

talked about:

Rex Ryan's personality.....

jets chances vs indy.....

can you root for a style of play......" i'm still old school"

how vikings play when they travel....."must establish peterson early"

were you interested in job opening at buffalo......."great fan base, chan gailey was a great choice, i'll take it year to year"

your future........"when i come back it will be with an organization where everyone is pulling in the same direction."

jerome bettis......"haven't talk to jerome in two years".

did Tomlin lose team......."i don't think so, still a potent team".

talked about:

your future........"when i come back it will be with an organization where everyone is pulling in the same direction."

jerome bettis......"haven't talk to jerome in two years".

two interesting quotes. The Bettis one is the best since Bettis claimed that Giants is his dream job, everyone thinks it Panthers.

The evryone in same direction is what concerns me, sounds like he still wonders if Ralph, Russ, Buddy and other members of FO are all on same page. Ralph says he will spend but the finance jerk says well to a point we will.

two interesting quotes. The Bettis one is the best since Bettis claimed that Giants is his dream job, everyone thinks it Panthers.

The evryone in same direction is what concerns me, sounds like he still wonders if Ralph, Russ, Buddy and other members of FO are all on same page. Ralph says he will spend but the finance jerk says well to a point we will.

i'm not one of those who see a "slight" around every corner.......but i did think it was a continuation answer regarding why he didn't take the buffalo job.

The fact that this franchise could not get on the same page and put it together, however, it needed to be done to land Cowher is a slap in the face to the fans. I hope Gailey puts in place a good staff and can win here, but the fact remains that at this point in franchise history, this team needed a Bill Cowher. We desperately needed that statement from Ralph and the front office that this team was serious about winning and will do whatever it takes to win. I believe that they made a strong attempt to get Cowher and he turned it down, but the fact of the matter is they should have made a stronger offer and got it done... whatever it took.

Why "Coward?" I don't understand the hostility toward a man who made a smart decision. Is the insinuation that he was afraid to coach the Bills? Be real. He was too smart to say yes, and anyone looking at this situation for what it is realizes that. Let's move forward with the coach we hired and hope for the best. Don't dwell on the 752 candidates that said "no thanks." The Bills will be just fine. This is the first of (hopefully) many steps in the right direction. Go Bills!

Let me break this down for TBD before the speculation starts...

Rex Ryan's personality..... (Translation: Rex Ryan turned down the Bills offer to coach)

jets chances vs indy..... (Translation: The Jets and Indy are storied franchises, the Bills are not)

can you root for a style of play......" i'm still old school" (Translation: The Bills are new school and therefore Cower turned down Ralph)

how vikings play when they travel....."must establish peterson early" (Translation: The Bills have no RB like Peterson, should trade Marshawn)

were you interested in job opening at buffalo......."great fan base, chan gailey was a great choice, i'll take it year to year" (Translation: the fans are drunken jerks, Gailey was lucky and sucks, I'll coach anywhere but Buffalo next year)

your future........"when i come back it will be with an organization where everyone is pulling in the same direction." (Translation: It won't be the the Bills, they're cheap, direction of team is all willy nilly)

jerome bettis......"haven't talk to jerome in two years". (Translation: Jerome won't be coahing the Bills, hates Ralph)

did Tomlin lose team......."i don't think so, still a potent team". (Translation: Tomlin turned down Buddy's offer to interview for the Bills job)

Why "Coward?" I don't understand the hostility toward a man who made a smart decision. Is the insinuation that he was afraid to coach the Bills? Be real. He was too smart to say yes, and anyone looking at this situation for what it is realizes that. Let's move forward with the coach we hired and hope for the best. Don't dwell on the 752 candidates that said "no thanks." The Bills will be just fine. This is the first of (hopefully) many steps in the right direction. Go Bills!

theres no hard feelings for bill cowherd......we the fans even put up a billboard professing our love for bill cowhead.

The fact that this franchise could not get on the same page and put it together, however, it needed to be done to land Cowher is a slap in the face to the fans. I hope Gailey puts in place a good staff and can win here, but the fact remains that at this point in franchise history, this team needed a Bill Cowher. We desperately needed that statement from Ralph and the front office that this team was serious about winning and will do whatever it takes to win. I believe that they made a strong attempt to get Cowher and he turned it down, but the fact of the matter is they should have made a stronger offer and got it done... whatever it took.

cotton, buddy just disagrees and it's his rodeo. let's see how he does, he meant no harm. besides...'whatever it takes' implies desperation, and desperation is rarely an attractive trait. i tried it with many a lady at cassidy's back in the day and rarely had success. my chances improved after a round of freddy's special though.

i would have loved to see cower here, but there's never a guarantee of success. carpe diem.