LaGarrette Blount

Capt. OTM

I agree 100%. He was pushed (verbally) and he reacted poorly. He made one mistake. Then he took his medicine. He handled the suspension with class ... continued going to school, and proved he belonged on the field. I'd like to see them take a late-round shot at him.

Idiots. The guys a thug and always will be. He's an animal and when he was being held back from going into the stands, the look in his eyes was eerily similar to Ron Artest in the Detroit brawl. Animals.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some kid is talking junk to another kid and you support the windup, sucker punch? Apparently you missed the part where the Oregon players were taunting Boise before the game and Blount was front and center. Would that have been a good situation to execute a sucker punch too? I'm all for giving the kid a second chance but let's not pretend he made the right decision.

so are you justifying that punk ass talking **** to Blount? The fact is he keeps his punk mouth shut nothing happens. He brought it upon himself

I guess I am one of the few that will defend Blount. The fact is some classless punk from Boise taunted and talked **** to Blount after Boise won. I ask all who rush to judgement- what was said to Blount? No one on this board knows. But many are quick to put all blame on Blount. No doubt it was a hell of a punch. No doubt the high road is the right road. But no doubt, that punk ass **** talker on Boise St brought it upon himself. He keeps his mouth shut nothing happens

Dead on. You don't scream in someone's face after you beat them. If I just lost a game like that and someone did that to me, I would have punched him too.

Some kid is talking junk to another kid and you support the windup, sucker punch? Apparently you missed the part where the Oregon players were taunting Boise before the game and Blount was front and center. Would that have been a good situation to execute a sucker punch too? I'm all for giving the kid a second chance but let's not pretend he made the right decision.

Sucker punch? He taunted the guy and got hit straight in his face, not from behind or the side. If you gonna talk crap, you should face the music.

I hate guys like Pacman but it is insane that people act like this guy is the devil or something. I'd lvoe to have mor guys on our team with emotion like that.

so are you justifying that punk ass talking **** to Blount? The fact is he keeps his punk mouth shut nothing happens. He brought it upon himself

Punk ass-talking happens in every game and something Blount has always taken part in. Blount personally runs his mouth just as loud as anyone. You back it up on the field, not by sucker punching someone.

Sucker punch? He taunted the guy and got hit straight in his face, not from behind or the side. If you gonna talk crap, you should face the music.

I hate guys like Pacman but it is insane that people act like this guy is the devil or something. I'd lvoe to have mor guys on our team with emotion like that.

It's a sucker punch, when the sucker doesn't have a clue a fight is about to happen. Trash talking is part of the game and you back it up on the field. If you really feel like one guy's immature words merit a punch to the face, then I feel bad for you. I'm not condemning Blount either. He made a very high profile mistake and one mistake doesn't define a lifestyle.

RI = white thus he's just overly aggressive. Blount = black thus animal and thug.

Please. The race card is so freaking tired. If that goofy Boise state linemen knocked out Blount it would have been the same national spotlight. When was the last time Icognito knocked out a player on national television? It was a blatant loss of control and Blount humiliated himself for 20 minutes after, including swinging at fellow teamates. Put the race card back in your pocket.

Actually I saw the punch and it really was a classic sucker punch from the side, on a defenseless (ie not expecting it, could not raise his hands) guy.

Looked like he knocked him out, though.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

Stock up

LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon

Blount entered Senior Bowl week amid a host of character questions following his lengthy suspension following a postgame scuffle in the season opener against Boise State. While his character assessment remains a work in progress, Blount has impressed scouts with his solid play throughout the week. Blount has displayed a nice blend of speed and power as a runner, and his nifty footwork allows him to slither in and out of holes. Throw in the fact that he catches the ball as well as some receivers, Blount's value as an every-down back has started to rise in the minds of many scouts.

Trash talking is part of the game and you back it up on the field.

Right. During the game. Talking junk after a game in your opponents face is punch worthy. Blount should have controlled himself but I can't condemn him for his actions. His emotions got the better of him. Maybe he learned a lesson.

Off field issues aside, I don't understand all the hate for Marshawn. He s a damn good back. It just so happens that Jackson is too. Both these guys can play. We've got enough holes on this team. RB is one of the few assets. Why rock the boat.

I'll give you a place to start:

The Bills selected Marshawn Lynch, and by all reports were choosing between Lynch and Revis. Who would you rather have?

Lynch rushed for less than 500 yards this past season, and was suspended for 3 games for essentially being pretty stupid.

And I don't buy the excuse that his production was bad because we gave the job to Jackson. Lynch was given plenty of opportunites to grab the starting job back, and did very little to earn the job back. So basically we have a situation where our #1 pick from 3 years ago is playing behind an undrafted FA (a good one, for sure), not exactly what you want out of a 1st round pick.

Lynch is out of shape, and doesn't really seem to take the game seriously. Hit and run, carrying an illegal firearm, smoking dope, sexual harrassment, stealing a $20 bill.......all of it may not be true but I'm sure most of it is. Trouble simply follows this guy, and the fact that he's a very small slip up away from a 1 year suspension is concerning.

Lastly, we're paying a backup starter money. Lynch will be making in the vicinity of $4 million next season, not a very good bang for your buck.

To answer the actual question: I wouldn't consider touching a RB until at least round 4-5, unless Lynch were to be traded. We have too many defieciencies on this team to afford taking a RB any higher.