LaGarrette Blount

Capt. OTM

Off field issues aside, I don't understand all the hate for Marshawn. He s a damn good back. It just so happens that Jackson is too. Both these guys can play. We've got enough holes on this team. RB is one of the few assets. Why rock the boat.

Because we are Bills fans. What else are we going to do?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RBs are a dime a dozen. Seriously. It's about the last position you should worry about. It is so rare that 'special' running backs enter the NFL, and even when they do their careers don't last long. Look at the Saints. They invest a bigtime pick to get Bush, but who ends up being their feature back? Some nobody named Pierre Thomas.

There are a lot of Fred Jacksons out there. Find yourself a Fred Jackson and give him the best offensive line in the league. Period.

I'll give you a place to start:

The Bills selected Marshawn Lynch, and by all reports were choosing between Lynch and Revis. Who would you rather have?

Lynch rushed for less than 500 yards this past season, and was suspended for 3 games for essentially being pretty stupid.

And I don't buy the excuse that his production was bad because we gave the job to Jackson. Lynch was given plenty of opportunites to grab the starting job back, and did very little to earn the job back. So basically we have a situation where our #1 pick from 3 years ago is playing behind an undrafted FA (a good one, for sure), not exactly what you want out of a 1st round pick.

Lynch is out of shape, and doesn't really seem to take the game seriously. Hit and run, carrying an illegal firearm, smoking dope, sexual harrassment, stealing a $20 bill.......all of it may not be true but I'm sure most of it is. Trouble simply follows this guy, and the fact that he's a very small slip up away from a 1 year suspension is concerning.

Lastly, we're paying a backup starter money. Lynch will be making in the vicinity of $4 million next season, not a very good bang for your buck.

To answer the actual question: I wouldn't consider touching a RB until at least round 4-5, unless Lynch were to be traded. We have too many defieciencies on this team to afford taking a RB any higher.

Not sure where you're getting your information from, but Lynch is only on the books for $885,000 during 2010.

Please. The race card is so freaking tired. If that goofy Boise state linemen knocked out Blount it would have been the same national spotlight. When was the last time Icognito knocked out a player on national television? It was a blatant loss of control and Blount humiliated himself for 20 minutes after, including swinging at fellow teamates. Put the race card back in your pocket.

You hate to see the race card played but true in this case.

I have seen people like Bill Romanowski spit in another players face. No issue because he is was an intense player.

When Sean Taylor did it he was an animal.

When you are talking smack you should always be ready to get smacked.

It's always nice to know that posters never make mistakes and can't possibly understand someone else making one.

I would mind seeing him or another decent runner drafted because we are thin at the position.

Not sure where you're getting your information from, but Lynch is only on the books for $885,000 during 2010.

Oops my mistake. I thought he was on the books for more. At that price he is worth keeping around, but Jackson should clearly be the starter. Hopefully Lynch comes back in shape and motivated next season and changes my mind, but I'm not holding out hope.

You hate to see the race card played but true in this case.

I have seen people like Bill Romanowski spit in another players face. No issue because he is was an intense player.

When Sean Taylor did it he was an animal.

When you are talking smack you should always be ready to get smacked.

It's always nice to know that posters never make mistakes and can't possibly understand someone else making one.

I would mind seeing him or another decent runner drafted because we are thin at the position.

"When you are talking smack you should always be ready to get smacked"?

By your profound wisdom, who made a mistake?

Seriously, if this is the way you feel, you've got alot of growing up to do. LaGarrette Blount is not a victim of anything more than his own stupidity. As far as I know he hasn't been involved in any other situations. If the Bills like him as a player, I'd be all for them drafting him. This incident is forgivable but shouldn't be condoned by you or anyone.

In regards to Bill Romanowski, you're full of crap. Romanowski has a horrible reputation as a player and his spitting incident is likely to be the first memory for alot of people when his name comes up. I forgot Sean Taylor even spit on another player. His lasting memory is more in the hero light, to many fans. The analogy of the two couldn't be farther off.