Why Not Vick?

PaattMaann

But seriously...aside from him killing dogs (and lets face it, people make mistakes, and id rather take someone killing dogs than people -ray lewis, marvin harrison, donte stallworth, rae carruth)....this guy could be had for fairly cheap, at least cheaper than a top draftd QB and has proved he can be explosive in the NFL.....why not?

Lets get over the fact that he made a mistake, he served his time in federal prison and literally paid out of his butt for his discresions...he is a playmaker, has a rocket for an arm and is not going to be out of this world expensive...why not at least sign him, keep fitzie or edwards (or both) and let them all compete for it...if Vick cant make the throws or grasp the new offense, no big deal, we have a gimmick player that can get 10 snaps a game and provide a spark

Not to mention the "mastermind" (Brandon) gives something to the fans to boost excitement and ticket sales

so guys (and gals), really, aside from killing dogs...what is so good about our current QBs that should stop us from taking a shot on Vick...even if it does cost us a 4th round pick, we could just give the eagles back the pick we got for Peters...unless hes cut and we can trick him into signing with the bills (may not be that big of a trick if there arent too many starting QB spots in the NFL next year)

Get over the McNabb lies, not happening, he will be an eagle next year and he SHOULD BE....thats like the bills trading away Jim Kelly (and yea, look up their stats, same stats for both of em, very comparable QBs and their meaning to the franchise)

so, I digress, why not Vick?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want QB Dog Killer on my team

Dog fightin is more popular than you think within impoverished African American communities...and yes Vick was not still a poor black boy when he was committing these atrocities, he was a well paid and respected NFL role model...but he made the critical error of hanging on to too many of his friends from the hood...and they no doubt had a hand in negatively influencing mr vick...i do believe people deserve second chances, and he seems to have turned his life around...he has "I love Jesus" Dungy vouching for him....id be willing to take a long hard look at that talent over our current bum squad of QBs

but if you cant get over the dog killing thing..thats your (and every organization who feels the same way as you) loss

not to mention....look what good ole Chan Gailey did in Kansas City two years ago with an EXTREME POOR MANS version of michael vick (tyler thigpen)...they actually lit up the offensive side of the ball the second half of that year when Chan installed the spread offense with thigpen impersonating michael vick....I think it could really work as a stop gap at the QB spot for the next few years....

it AT LEAST allows this team to build correctly...in the trenches, and not waste picks on possible future QBs in the 1st and second round

Vick makes total sense here. A dynamic athlete that doesn't need a perfect line, and is capable of producing exciting plays on his own. Past and PETA protesters aside, it seems to be a fit.

Vick will be 30 by the time the 2010 season begins. Watching him this year, it seems he is no longer the explosive play-making runner he was 6 years ago. Without his legs and athleticism, he's just an average quarterback. I'd take a flier on him if the trade price was low.

With all the ongoing BS surrounding how this team is run they can make the playoffs next year if they do 3 things:

1-Sign/trade for Vick to be starting QB

2-Draft Campbell with 1st round pick to play LT

3-Trade up into 1st round in the low 20s and take Buloga to play RT

O-line will be immensely improved, QB play improved immediately, and other smaller holes at LB, FB, 2nd WR are easier to fill thru later draft picks and free agency.

I like the line with Wood and Levitre at G and Hamg. at C and new new top kid Tackles as bookends. Go all out in 1st round and have a young group outside of the center who can grow and play together for 5+ seasons...

He is not very good.

He is better than what you presently have. Getting a veteran qb like him would buy some time for this inept organization to concentrate on shoring up the OL and then developing a young qb. He being mobile would certainly be an asset while the line is given time to develop.

There were rumors that St. Louis was very interested in getting Vick which would then allow them to go after one of the best players in the draft, the DT from Nebraska, Suh. The Rams, like the Bills, have a desperate need to upgrade the qb position.

Vick will be 30 by the time the 2010 season begins. Watching him this year, it seems he is no longer the explosive play-making runner he was 6 years ago. Without his legs and athleticism, he's just an average quarterback. I'd take a flier on him if the trade price was low.

he will be 30, your right...and he could still play 5 more years, not to mention he spent two years out of football so he has two years less wear and tear on his body...unless you count prison gang bangs and jumpings wear and tear..last I checked though, you dont throw passes with your booty hole haha

not to mention....look what good ole Chan Gailey did in Kansas City two years ago with an EXTREME POOR MANS version of michael vick (tyler thigpen)...they actually lit up the offensive side of the ball the second half of that year when Chan installed the spread offense with thigpen impersonating michael vick....I think it could really work as a stop gap at the QB spot for the next few years....

it AT LEAST allows this team to build correctly...in the trenches, and not waste picks on possible future QBs in the 1st and second round

And look what he did in Pittsburgh w/ Kordell "Slash" Stewart. Vick would fit in very well with the types of offenses that Gailey runs.

And look what he did in Pittsburgh w/ Kordell "Slash" Stewart. Vick would fit in very well with the types of offenses that Gailey runs.

exactly...he has a history of making things out of mobile QBs

I would be absolutely fine with Vick playing like Slash Kordell Stewert...better than Edwards/Fitz/Brohm/Hamden haha

I just think it makes too much sense, very little risk with high upside

He is not very good.

You kidding me? He is dynamic! Not sure long term this is a good idea, but lets face it Chan Gailey isnt going to fill the seats. I know Vick will and out of the Free Agent QBs He clearly is the best one.

What they should do is get Matt Light OT from the patriots first. We need a good lineman first

well Vick is not a Free Agent, so he would need to get cut or we would have to trade for him...

as for his career QB rating....look up Edwards and Fitz and tell me those....ohhhhh yeaaaaa, vick IS better

and id rather take a hit on the QB rating a get a proven playmaker in here who will fill the seats and at least provide us a chance to win on sundays....thats just me though

and Vick wouldnt be a traditional QB...see Chain gailey with thigpen or Kordell stewert...adapt the offense to fit the players...hell, lets run the wildcate with Freddie Vick and Beastmode....at least all three can throw the football....its all about having options and adapting man, and Vick does that for us....flexibility