A Rant Worth Reading

Ball Hawk

Chan Gailey:

Really? This is what we expected when the Bills interviewed Shanahan, courted Gruden and made an offer to Cowher? Our owner said he was going to do everything he could to turn the franchise around and we decided that Chan Gailey was the “guy”? 10 million could not buy us a better coach?

Wow… I don’t need to tell you guys how much of a fan I am. I breathe Bills football. I have faked taking a **** in order to watch games… shame and all, I don’t miss Bills games. Not ONE in over 20 years! Our fans are as loyal as they get. We sold out every game this year despite 10 years without making the playoffs. We play in elements in which it would better (and is) to stay home.

We give the team undying passion, loyal following and benefit of the doubt. But this hire was another example of Ralph simply giving us the “grab your ankles treatment”. We hired Phillips (the best coach we had since Marv Levy), Williams, Mularky, Jauron and now Gailey. Is there a name in there that is inspiring? Ridiculous!

I keep thinking of the movie “ Buffalo 66” in which Vincent Gallo attempts to kill the kicker that cost the Bills the Superbowl. Substitute Vincent’s character for a delusional fan and I can’t wait for the day he chokes on his heart (Ralph Wilson). Yes I said it! F em! Ralph owed us more. He has not moved the team (he is loyal to Buffalo ) but we also never gave up hope. We suddenly became the Raiders of the East.

What’s worse is we could have hired a coach that could have brought us respectability but once again our owner let his “meddling” get in the way.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...anted-bills-gig

So… where do we go from here?

I’ve always said that cheering for a team is like a marriage. You have good years and bad. In the case of the Bills, she has gained 50 pounds and started chain smoking. You keep hoping she can get that glitter back again but you begin to wonder what the hell happened. How did it get this bad? Should I begin to stray?

The answer is simple – No. But… I will not drink the kool-aid this time. I will not be convinced that Gailey is a good hire (we should have kept Fewell and hired Gailey as OC) nor will I buy into the spin machine coming from One Bills Drive . How do you not interview Billick, Grimm, Fassel anyone… Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

The Bills are now the Raiders of the east. The laughing stock of the NFL. But without them I am lost. I cannot predict how this hire plays out. I see it as every NFL fan does… a joke. But I will get drunk, get pissed off, watch a game tape from 1992 and think to myself... “Maybe they know something we don’t” but instead I keep thinking that I pray for the day that Ralph kicks the bucket or someone else crazier than Vincent Gallo decides that the character from Buffalo 66 is a possibility.

Tonight I drink, vent, kick my dog, question my loyalty and most of all decide whether being a Bills fan is worth it? The bottom line is…I know that winning one Superbowl will make my entire fan experience the absolute single most exhilarating moment that any NFL fan can ever have. Let’s go Gailey! Pass me the kool-aid. I suck and I know it.

Ball Hawk

I came in here to bash your head in, but then I realized I kind of feel the same way. Good to see you're one of the ones sticking around to cheer for YOUR team. Sorry for the dog, though, that kinda sucks... We'll get there, eventually.

Wow… I don’t need to tell you guys how much of a fan I am. I breathe Bills football. I have faked taking a **** in order to watch games… shame and all, I don’t miss Bills games.

Actually dude, with 11 posts you do need to tell us who you are. And now isn't the time. Kinda unsure of what you are though, but if you are a suffering Bills fan I get it but you have 11 posts. Not sure what I should expect next from you? :blink:

Actually dude, with 11 posts you do need to tell us who you are. And now isn't the time. Kinda unsure of what you are though, but if you are a suffering Bills fan I get it but you have 11 posts. Not sure what I should expect next from you? :blink:

I'm a die hard. Don't let the number of posts be the "meassuring stick" I have surfed this board for over 20 years. I came out of the woodwork because as Bills fans we are all feeling down or maybe even high. But being a Bills fan is like no other... there is a bond we can embrace or neglect. But at the end of the day, everyone whether good or bad wants the team to do well. I am hoping Gailey is that guy even though I am not drinking the Kool-aid. I"ll give him a chance. The alternative is not in my DNA. I am the Bills, I live eat and breathe this team. There is no alternative.

Chan Gailey:

Really? This is what we expected when the Bills interviewed Shanahan, courted Gruden and made an offer to Cowher? Our owner said he was going to do everything he could to turn the franchise around and we decided that Chan Gailey was the “guy”? 10 million could not buy us a better coach?

Wow… I don’t need to tell you guys how much of a fan I am. I breathe Bills football. I have faked taking a **** in order to watch games… shame and all, I don’t miss Bills games. Not ONE in over 20 years! Our fans are as loyal as they get. We sold out every game this year despite 10 years without making the playoffs. We play in elements in which it would better (and is) to stay home.

We give the team undying passion, loyal following and benefit of the doubt. But this hire was another example of Ralph simply giving us the “grab your ankles treatment”. We hired Phillips (the best coach we had since Marv Levy), Williams, Mularky, Jauron and now Gailey. Is there a name in there that is inspiring? Ridiculous!

I keep thinking of the movie “ Buffalo 66” in which Vincent Gallo attempts to kill the kicker that cost the Bills the Superbowl. Substitute Vincent’s character for a delusional fan and I can’t wait for the day he chokes on his heart (Ralph Wilson). Yes I said it! F em! Ralph owed us more. He has not moved the team (he is loyal to Buffalo ) but we also never gave up hope. We suddenly became the Raiders of the East.

What’s worse is we could have hired a coach that could have brought us respectability but once again our owner let his “meddling” get in the way.

I’ve always said that cheering for a team is like a marriage. You have good years and bad. In the case of the Bills, she has gained 50 pounds and started chain smoking. You keep hoping she can get that glitter back again but you begin to wonder what the hell happened. How did it get this bad? Should I begin to stray?

The answer is simple – No. But… I will not drink the kool-aid this time. I will not be convinced that Gailey is a good hire (we should have kept Fewell and hired Gailey as OC) nor will I buy into the spin machine coming from One Bills Drive . How do you not interview Billick, Grimm, Fassel anyone… Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

The Bills are now the Raiders of the east. The laughing stock of the NFL. But without them I am lost. I cannot predict how this hire plays out. I see it as every NFL fan does… a joke. But I will get drunk, get pissed off, watch a game tape from 1992 and think to myself... “Maybe they know something we don’t” but instead I keep thinking that I pray for the day that Ralph kicks the bucket or someone else crazier than Vincent Gallo decides that the character from Buffalo 66 is a possibility.

Tonight I drink, vent, kick my dog, question my loyalty and most of all decide whether being a Bills fan is worth it? The bottom line is…I know that winning one Superbowl will make my entire fan experience the absolute single most exhilarating moment that any NFL fan can ever have. Let’s go Gailey! Pass me the kool-aid. I suck and I know it.

Ball Hawk

:censored: :censored: :w00t: :w00t: :lol:

After telling Cablelady, and myself, that I would stay away from this place for a few days after my anxiety went through the roof today, I found myself lurking. I happen to open this post first, and I must say...I am blown away. I am happy this was the first, and only, post I will open for the rest of tonight.

What you just said is "awesomeness" is every sense of the word! WOW! I totally am with you 100% on EVERYTHING you just said. I do not think anybody could twist words so much, to where EVERY "Bills fan" should be able to relate.

GREAT WORK MY FRIEND...Welcome aboard and I look forward to some more "rants!" :blink:

I’ve always said that cheering for a team is like a marriage. You have good years and bad. In the case of the Bills, she has gained 50 pounds,has a scorching case of herpes, and started chain smoking. You keep hoping she can get that glitter back again but you begin to wonder what the hell happened. How did it get this bad? Should I begin to stray?

Fixed.

...How do you not interview Billick, Grimm, Fassel anyone… Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?...

Simone heard from her best friends' boyfriend's cousin that Ferris is sick. But Ferris is not the only one who knows the answer to this question. Ralph Wilson hired Buddy Nix to find the coach. Buddy is a good 'ol southern boy who wanted his good 'ol southern "buddy" Chan from day one, and convinced Ralph not to interview Billick, Grimm, Fassel et al. Ralph and Russ flew out to Denver and talked to Shanahan. We think they talked to Cowher. It could be as simple as Nix just convincing Ralph that Chan will get it done, without the mega contract and giving up all the power, and Ralph said fine with him.

But like Ferris says, "Life moves pretty fast, you have to slow down once in a while and take a day off." I say, enjoy the southern fried quotes and let's see how this "Raiders of the East" Nix/Gailey led organization does before giving up.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like signing up at LA Clippers boards and faking like I'm a long-suffering fan, because it's fun.

But like Ferris says, "Life moves pretty fast, you have to slow down once in a while and take a day off." I say, enjoy the southern fried quotes and let's see how this "Raiders of the East" Nix/Gailey led organization does before giving up.

If we are using movie quotes, I believe it is more appropriate to use Tom Cruise in Risky Business.

"sometimes you gotta say wtf"

Chan Gailey:

Ball Hawk

Why do you kick your dog?

Well, at least we know there's a bunch of us still sticking with this team...

I wonder though...how many season tickets are gonna be sold this year? I wonder if there will be blackouts? Who knows.

Get Your Popcorn Ready...

Nobody is going anywhere, nobody. By the time the home opener comes around, the sun will be shining, hope will be through the roof and everybody complaining now will be settled right in (guaranteed).

Ball Hawk

I long for the day when we win the big one!

I lived in WNY for 28 years and was in Buffalo during the Superbowl runs. I'm frustrated but know darn well

I'll be cheering for this team as long as they are still the Buffalo Bills. Move them away and I'm done with the NFL!

I'm a die hard. Don't let the number of posts be the "meassuring stick" I have surfed this board for over 20 years.

ah yes, the good old days of TBD in 1990. I remember getting on my commodore 64, firing up my 920 baud modem and chatting about the ronnie harmon drop. Skooby posted a lot of good rumors back then too - and he was driving a brand new Pontiac Fiero - so you knew they were true.

ah yes, the good old days of TBD in 1990. I remember getting on my commodore 64, firing up my 920 baud modem and chatting about the ronnie harmon drop. Skooby posted a lot of good rumors back then too - and he was driving a brand new Pontiac Fiero - so you knew they were true.

LOL! 20 years is a bit much. Let's say 10-15. My bad. :lol:

righteous!