Chan Gailey

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which selection best reflects your opinion of the Bills making Chan Gailey the new HC?

• Brutal. Another sorry, cheap retread off the coaching scrap heap. Kill me now.
    • Not the best pick, not the worst. I'm OK with it, I guess.
    • I kinda like it. He's got some good experience, and his background is offense
    • Thrilled! I'm psyched! He has the experience, the offensive mind, and the money we saved on hiring him will allow Ralph to sign some bigtime players.

Not what I was hoping for. But at least he is an experienced HC with moderate success. Maybe he's now figured it out and will be good. Wouldn't be first time someone was fired from the Chiefs and came here and worked out. If he wins it's a great hire. If not, it was bad.

I wish I didn't have a job and had more time to post today... but it seems like everyone is over reacting big time... Though this isn't the most thrilling hire, I'm ok with it. The guy has had success in the past. He is an offensive driven guy, which everyone here was calling for...

And most importantly, let be honest, he was probabaly the best guy we were going to get. We tried for cowher, tried for Shanahan, tried for Billick... This was probabaly the best guy we were going to get.

IMO, it wasn't that we weren't willing to go after or pay a big name coach, the front office knows thats what they needed to motivate fans, but its that no big names would come- the offense is in shambles--> no qb, no line, one good WR, two mediocre RB's, etc... Why would a coach with a reputation risk it on this? Also, having to move you and your family to Buffalo doesn't help either... We likely got the best guy we were going to get