Bills Playoff Watch

PromoTheRobot

Bills are the #12 team overall in the AFC right now.

3 loses out of the final wild card.

They have 7 teams to climb over to get there.

All with 6 games remaining.

The good news is that many of the teams ahead of us still have to play other teams ahead of us. The combinations are too complicated to calculate. But the bottom line is WIN WIN WIN! If the Bills can somehow go 10-6, they have a shot.

@Seattle - tough but winable

@Miami - definitely winable

Browns at home - winable

@Cincinnati - tough but winable

@San Fran - winable

Pittsburgh at home - toughest game left - our playoff game!

PTR

Bills are the #12 team overall in the AFC right now.

3 loses out of the final wild card.

They have 7 teams to climb over to get there.

All with 6 games remaining.

The good news is that many of the teams ahead of us still have to play other teams ahead of us.  The combinations are too complicated to calculate.  But the bottom line is WIN WIN WIN!  If the Bills can somehow go 10-6, they have a shot.

@Seattle - tough but winable

@Miami - definitely winable

Browns at home - winable

@Cincinnati - tough but winable

@San Fran - winable

Pittsburgh at home - toughest game left - our playoff game!

PTR

128824[/snapback]

I think all of our wishes come to a close next week. Don't forget, its a road game out west. The other 3 road games a real possibilities for wins but not next week. I wish I had more confidence, but there's almost no way.

The season boils down to this week. If we beat Seattle, I like our chances of winning the 4 after that. That would make us 9-6 playing Pitt at home. The whole damn year comes down to winning this week at Seattle. I KNOW we are better than Seattle, we just need to focus and not turtle on the road. Play loose and relaxed, just like we do at home.

Lets Go Bills.

The Rams beat Seattle....?

128837[/snapback]

The Bills on the road and the Bills at home are two entirely different teams. They don't even compare. If we played Seattle at home, I'd say we have a pretty good shot at beating them.

The season boils down to this week.  If we beat Seattle, I like our chances of winning the 4 after that.  That would make us 9-6 playing Pitt at home.  The whole damn year comes down to winning this week at Seattle.  I KNOW we are better than Seattle, we just need to focus and not turtle on the road.  Play loose and relaxed, just like we do at home.

Lets Go Bills.

128834[/snapback]

Even then we'd need a ton of help. A collapse from three of the teams in front of us. The Jets will clinch a tiebreaker over us with one more AFC win, Baltimore and Jacksonville already have. So either the Jets or Ravens would have to go 2-4 or worse. PLUS, we'd need Jacksonville or Indy (who may be our best chance with a 4-3 conference record,) AND Denver or San Diego, to collapse as well.

Even then we'd need a ton of help. A collapse from three of the teams in front of us. The Jets will clinch a tiebreaker over us with one more AFC win, Baltimore and Jacksonville already have. So either the Jets or Ravens would have to go 2-4 or worse. PLUS, we'd need Jacksonville or Indy (who may be our best chance with a 4-3 conference record,) AND Denver or San Diego, to collapse as well.

But, the thing is, if someone said to you before the season that the Bills would be 9-6, going into the Pitts game, would you have taken it? I would have. If we finish 10-6 and no playoffs, I'm really not going to be too upset about our team and season, because I think we'll be ready to hit the ground running next year.

But, the thing is, if someone said to you before the season that the Bills would be 9-6, going into the Pitts game, would you have taken it?  I would have.  If we finish 10-6 and no playoffs, I'm really not going to be too upset about our team and season, because I think we'll be ready to hit the ground running next year.

128932[/snapback]

Totally agree. I thought we'd be 7-9 this year, so 9-7/10-6 would be something. Of course it always sucks to be the "best loser", espeically when draft day rolls around. To be honest, Ws and Ls are much less important to me than correcting the mistakes we make on a game to game basis. I'll say it, I want Losman in there ASAP, but if it makes MM feel more comfortable to wait until the calculators have billsfanone us, then I'm ok with that. In this business, I can't blame a coach for being scared to quit on a year (even justifiably) and look ahead...Even a guy like MM who knows he'll be back next year.

Even then we'd need a ton of help.  A collapse from three of the teams in front of us.  The Jets will clinch a tiebreaker over us with one more AFC win, Baltimore and Jacksonville already have.  So either the Jets or Ravens would have to go 2-4 or worse.  PLUS, we'd need Jacksonville or Indy (who may be our best chance with a 4-3 conference record,) AND Denver or San Diego, to collapse as well.

128854[/snapback]

Unlikely, yeah. But maybe not a TON of help. Mickey listed the schedules for the competition here, and it's not impossible. Keep hope alive!

Guest Wait'll Next Year

IF the Bills were to somehow win out and miss the playoffs by a win or two, it would be that much harder to swallow the results of the first two games of the season, which were virtually decided by the officials.

Imagine the team at 6-4 now, instead of 4-6. They'd be right in the hunt, having the head-to-head advantage over Jax and two additional AFC win tiebrekers under their belts.

Even if they are to finish with and 8-8 record, I think they've made significant progress since the G. Williams regime, particularly with regard to the special teams. It's rare for a new head coach taking over a losing squad to make a serious run at the playoffs in his first year. I'd be content with 8-8, knowing the team should be a contender next season. Mularkey is on the right track.

With McGahee slotted as the starter from day 1 and another year of experience for Lee Evans and the O-line, the offense should be more potent. If they can keep the current defense and special teams on the same course, 2005 could be an exciting year for our Bills. A couplr of good draft pick and/or free agents could add some valuable reinforcement to the team next year. Let's hope this is our last year (for a while) of "rebuilding".

Here's what next year's opponents should be:

Home: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, Houston or Tennesee

Away: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Buccaneers, Chargers, Saints, Raiders, Cincinatti or Cleveland

Less than 42 weeks until opening day - yeah!!!

The Bills on the road and the Bills at home are two entirely different teams.  They don't even compare.  If we played Seattle at home, I'd say we have a pretty good shot at beating them.

128843[/snapback]

So are the RAMS. Think about it.

There are a few teams in the NFL the BILLS need to play their "A" game to beat. The Seahawks aren't one of them.