Mike Lombardi's take on this trainwreck of a hiring

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, methinks Mike Lombardi needs to take a few English lessons.

Certainly, former Steelers head coach Bill Cowher’s ringing endorsement of Gailey will carry some clout, but will it all of western New York rest easy?

Recently, my fundamental problem with the Bills organizational is that they hate change

Huh? Is Lombardi high? This is a bad hire because the Bills can't sell it?? Never mindthat Pioli and Cowher think he was HC material. It's not good marketing? What a load of crap!

PTR

He's exactly right. The Bills have operated their franchise like a used car dealership for about 20 years. They depend on generating "buzz" not wins. If fan interest wanes they're screwed - they have no margin for error in that market. Irrelevance = death. Which is not to say that he thinks the hiring will lead to wins - clearly he doesn't.

Huh? Is Lombardi high? This is a bad hire because the Bills can't sell it?? Never mindthat Pioli and Cowher think he was HC material. It's not good marketing? What a load of crap!

PTR

I agree. In Lombardi's attempt to rip this choice, he stupidly gave me more reason to like it. Sorry but i trust Pioli's opinion alot more than Lombardi's. Can't sell it? Who gives a rat's arse.

He's exactly right. The Bills have operated their franchise like a used car dealership for about 20 years. They depend on generating "buzz" not wins. If fan interest wanes they're screwed - they have no margin for error in that market. Irrelevance = death. Which is not to say that he thinks the hiring will lead to wins - clearly he doesn't.

If he wins football games, you don't need "buzz". The guy comes highly recommended from the majority of this board's savior (Bill Cowher), and Scott Pioli thinks he is a HC material as well. The last thing this franchise needs is a move to create "buzz".

PTR

Some folks don't blow through the five stages of grief as fast as you do. If you want to accept it, go ahead. I certainly understand why fans, myself included, refuse to go all in again.

Wow, methinks Mike Lombardi needs to take a few English lessons.

Certainly, former Steelers head coach Bill Cowher’s ringing endorsement of Gailey will carry some clout, but will it all of western New York rest easy?

Recently, my fundamental problem with the Bills organizational is that they hate change

Seems to me that more and more often a spell checker is substitued for another person proofreading articles. Guess it's just the way things are going...

If he wins football games, you don't need "buzz". The guy comes highly recommended from the majority of this board's savior (Bill Cowher), and Scott Pioli thinks he is a HC material as well. The last thing this franchise needs is a move to create "buzz".

Exactly. What kind of "buzz" did the Jauron years create? This franchise has had mostly bad "buzz" it's whole existence. The stadium fills up either way. Given the circumstances, it's a good football hire.

I'm just surprised no one has attacked Lombardi for his opinion. I mean, anytime someone says something negative about the Bills, they're destroyed by the faithful homers of TBD.

For the record, Lombardi once worked for the 49ers during the Walsh years. And BW told him there are really only a few teams in it to win it each season. Unfortunately, former league executives like Lombardi understands better than others that the Bills are going in the opposite direction. They've quit and the only way out is to have luck as RW puts it.

Raiderish is the new adjective to describe the Bills. Or perhaps the Raiders are really Billish.